Leandro Trossard | signs for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

marktan

He's probably one of the most underrated players in the league. Excellent with both feet, can dribble, pass and finish. If he was a little more explosive pace wise he'd be one of the best in the league.

Chief123

He really does look a fantastic player. Every time I’ve watched Brighton I don’t think he’s had a bad game.

My Newcastle mate is desperate for them to sign him in January. I don’t know how heavily linked he is with them.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
He really does look a fantastic player. Every time I’ve watched Brighton I don’t think he’s had a bad game.

My Newcastle mate is desperate for them to sign him in January. I don’t know how heavily linked he is with them.
He won’t go in January, but I’ll be surprised if we can hang onto him next summer.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's probably one of the most underrated players in the league. Excellent with both feet, can dribble, pass and finish. If he was a little more explosive pace wise he'd be one of the best in the league.
Yeah, the only thing that sets him back from being a proper option for the top level is his lack of physicality.

Super technically gifted player though

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We had a link at one point. Hes better than Rashford and Sancho right now

Abraxas

Has always looked a threat when we've played them. Was profligate from memory. Not altogether convinced he's got enough in the bag to kick a top side on in attack, this feels like the first season he's hinted at that.

Lee565

Maybe it's me but he reminds me of jota when he was at wolves playing on the wings

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Plays like Messi against Arsenal. Didn't know he was in the final year of his contract. Will be a great addition to us if we make the Champions League next season.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He’s a really good player and could be great for us. But good lord we need a huge clear out of forwards before we’d entertain signing him.

Ronaldo, Rashford, Sancho, Martial… all seek surplus to requirements.

I can’t see Trossard replacing any of the latter 3 if they’re in form.

So the money would be better spent in other positions imo.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Maybe it's me but he reminds me of jota when he was at wolves playing on the wings
It's a bit weird to praise Liverpool given how shit they are now but Jota was seen for a while there a bit of a shrewd signing and I definitely get the Jota vibes with Trossard in that he'll move to a top 6 side and look really good and then the question will be why did others ignore him

He's another left sided attacker though so not really what we need unless some players are moved on

Welbeckham

Criminally underrated player. His numbers haven’t been great before this season, but his quality has been clear to see.

He’s 28 soon, but seems like someone who could easily excel in his thirties. There’s hardly any room for him at United right now, but I think he has the ability to displace Sancho.

Devil81

Said it on here several times and was ignored, he's a player that will make the step up to the top six in the next window or the summer.

I really like him and feel he'd offer us quality in depth to our squad.

Dr Foo

Playing like one of the best players in the league this season. Wish we had someone like him as our winger (i.e. Sancho needs to buck up) to complement another more pacy outlet like Rashford

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

Chelsea next?
Will be a shame - he should leave Brighton with his head held high as he’s been a fantastic player for us. But he seems to have fallen out a bit with de Zerbi and left training without permission.

we have the option to extend his contract by a year (it runs out this summer I think) I hope we do that and then get a decent price for him.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Brighton missing their best attacker a day before they play Liverpool. feck off Trossard.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Brighton missing their best attacker a day before they play Liverpool. feck off Trossard.
Mitoma, Ferguson and March are all on fire at the moment, Trossard would have a battle to displace any of them across the front line.

Teja

Will be a shame - he should leave Brighton with his head held high as he’s been a fantastic player for us. But he seems to have fallen out a bit with de Zerbi and left training without permission.

we have the option to extend his contract by a year (it runs out this summer I think) I hope we do that and then get a decent price for him.
Damn I thought he was your best player. What happened with De Zerbi?

I hope United go in for him, really rate the guy. Versatile attacker that can play across the front three (and even at Wing Back sometimes). PL proven. Lowish transfer fee because of the contract. What's not to like?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Will be a big loss for them but Mitoma has been playing excellently and you know they will replace him with a new player for a fraction of the price.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Damn I thought he was your best player. What happened with De Zerbi?
his form has fallen off a cliff since the World Cup and apparently he hasn’t been giving his all.

De Zerbi said this in the cup press conference:

“I don’t know. I think he’s one of the best players for us and one of the most important players for us.

I’d like to always play with Leo in the first eleven, but it doesn’t depend only on me, it depends on Leo.

With me I want players that work for the team on the pitch and Leandro knows very well my opinion, my idea. I’ve spoken a lot of times with him.

I like him as a player, but I want more from him, because he can play better, he can work harder, he can run more on the pitch and I want players who give 100 per cent in every training session and every game.
Without these characteristics, then they can’t play with me.”

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Brighton have recruited really well on a relatively small budget. Probably the best developmental club in the league with Brentford not far behind. Both clubs punching above their weight playing good football while the likes of Everton and us (previously) get shafted when it comes to getting any real value out of signings. Shout out to Southampton who were great at mixing their youth and cheaper young prospects for a long time too. Their owners seem to have given up any serious investment over the last few years though.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Not sure about Trossard as a player personally, he had that purple patch and looked great but that looks more like a bit of a one off rather than an indication he is a top player.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
his form has fallen off a cliff since the World Cup and apparently he hasn’t been giving his all.

De Zerbi said this in the cup press conference:

“I don’t know. I think he’s one of the best players for us and one of the most important players for us.

I’d like to always play with Leo in the first eleven, but it doesn’t depend only on me, it depends on Leo.

With me I want players that work for the team on the pitch and Leandro knows very well my opinion, my idea. I’ve spoken a lot of times with him.

I like him as a player, but I want more from him, because he can play better, he can work harder, he can run more on the pitch and I want players who give 100 per cent in every training session and every game.
Without these characteristics, then they can’t play with me.”
Sounds like he badly wants a move this season and has more or less checked out. Pity for you guys. I’m Glad to see you are still doing fairly well. Previously It wouldn’t have looked too rosy without him potter and Ashworth.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Not sure about Trossard as a player personally, he had that purple patch and looked great but that looks more like a bit of a one off rather than an indication he is a top player.
tend to agree. There were links to Tottenham fairly recent.

Status
Not open for further replies.