Television Legends of Tomorrow

Sylar

Really well done episode as it made me like a meh character moreso. Even when the episode started I was like meh towards Zari. However through the ep I really enjoyed seeing her basically take a lead in this episode.
And I love groundhog day type shows / movies / episodes. The rest of the team are great so having her part of it now moreso is a good way to do it especially as she now wants to be there.

It sucks that Firestorm had to go, but I dont mind the new additions. And on that, Kid Flash has been a total meh on actual Flash. Adding him here might do him wonders given how good this show has been with other Arrowverse characters and giving them new life. (darhk for example)

Andersons Dietician

Man this show is so good we just don’t deserve it. I was meh on the first two seasons but this 3rd is just awesome. Mick writing a romance novel:lol::lol:

Andersons Dietician

The second one? Really. I thought that was awesome.
First I get you lol.
Well I enjoyed the 2nd but I wasn’t like massively sold if that makes sense. But for me the difference between that season and this is huge, this is just hilarious and brilliant. It’s kinda found it’s feet now and knows it’s tone.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
We must be near peak superhero when we have spinoff shows from superheroes I've never heard of in the first place.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
We must be near peak superhero when we have spinoff shows from superheroes I've never heard of in the first place.
Do you mean you'd never heard of the Green Arrow and The Flash or do you mean you've never heard of the heroes on this show?

I figure it's the former but felt the need to clarify because The Flash is one of the most well known I'd say (and because I'm bored and this post has passed a bit of time).

Sandyman

Thought it was a filler episode to establish Zari. Wanted to see more of Mallus. Hope Wally has a bigger role to play too.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Do you mean you'd never heard of the Green Arrow and The Flash or do you mean you've never heard of the heroes on this show?

I figure it's the former but felt the need to clarify because The Flash is one of the most well known I'd say (and because I'm bored and this post has passed a bit of time).
The Flash and Green Arrow are famous? Never heard of them tbh.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Yeah maybe not the Green Arrow as much but The Flash is definitely one of the more mainstream heroes, quite surprised you haven't heard of him. Having said that I'm probably extending my anecdotal experiences rather than having anything to back up my assertion.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Probably because I never read actual comics as a kid much. Tried and found them boring and ludicrous now that I think about it.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not so much Green Arrow but The Flash is definitely one of the most popular superheroes ever.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Superman, Spiderman, Wonderwoman, The Hulk, Captain America, The Fantastic 4 and Batman.

And I knew there was a Silver Surfer but nothing else about it.

I think I assumed that this was the full complement of superheros until the infestation of recent films. Who knew that there were thousands of them?

Sylar

Superman, Spiderman, Wonderwoman, The Hulk, Captain America, The Fantastic 4 and Batman.

And I knew there was a Silver Surfer but nothing else about it.

I think I assumed that this was the full complement of superheros until the infestation of recent films. Who knew that there were thousands of them?
I was hoping you were going to add Captain Planet to that list.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I was hoping you were going to add Captain Planet to that list.
Sorry. No idea who that is.

I'm beginning to think that my entire knowledge of superheroes comes from 70's TV shows and 70/80's movies.

I only just discovered that the X-Men existed prior to the numerous movies for example.

Andersons Dietician

This show can do no wrong at the moment, I honestly can never remember enjoying a show so much ever it’s just fun. That drunken Karaoke in Tokyo 1992 :lol:

Sylar

Second best moment of the episode, it was so funny.
And it had Wally West as part of it. This show is brilliant at taking people from other Arrowverse shows that seem useless and giving them a good part.

Anyway, enjoyed that ep (again). Oh ray, you and your virtues. Damien giving up the totem before Ray finished his sentence shows he cares about his daughter. And I think that will be exploited by the legends (or be his downfall anyway)

starman

I dont recall Ray meeting Darhks daughter before, so found the end confusing.
i for a moment thought he was going to go all 4th wall and his reason for saving her was her being his real life wife...:wenger:

Sandyman

And it had Wally West as part of it. This show is brilliant at taking people from other Arrowverse shows that seem useless and giving them a good part.
Anyway, enjoyed that ep (again). Oh ray, you and your virtues. Damien giving up the totem before Ray finished his sentence shows he cares about his daughter. And I think that will be exploited by the legends (or be his downfall anyway)
What is with the heroes in this DC universe being soft? Only Green Arrow had a ruthless streak and even he went soft after Felicity.
Damien could have just used his magic and taken the antidote from Ray and given it to her right? :D Think the end game will involve the Legends trying to "get to" Nora like they did when she was a child. She seems very important to Mallus.

I dont recall Ray meeting Darhks daughter before, so found the end confusing.
i for a moment thought he was going to go all 4th wall and his reason for saving her was her being his real life wife...:wenger:
They met her when they time traveled to when she was a kid and in a mental asylum. The episode where Constantine was involved.

starman

They met her when they time traveled to when she was a kid and in a mental asylum. The episode where Constantine was involved.
Wasn't that Darhks child from 2015 though? She was in Arrow

Edit: Ah ok, i remember now, its the same person, time travel, eh

Last edited:

Sandyman

Wasn't that Darhks child from 2015 though? She was in Arrow

Edit: Ah ok, i remember now, its the same person, time travel, eh
Yeah can be confusing as hell :lol: That's why Ray is surprised she remembers him.

Sylar

That wig :lol:

Ray is such a dork, and fantastic at it. Makes him so likable. I liked the way they used Wally. Already better than Flash' use of him.
Nora/Damien/Ray made a great trio to follow. It was ridiculous but fun.

Given the show doesnt take itself too serious all the time, it makes the serious moments mean more. Like the totem going to the darkside, or the ending with Grodd.

parkthebuslads

Hmm not loving this season. And now Wally's on the team! He's a pretty mediocre actor and a dull character. And Vixens accent is pretty rough. I did like that bear though (the talking toy).

Sylar

R.I.P Axl.
rofl at that appearing at the end.

Good episode. Surprised the folks of 1950s were so accepting of an inter-racial couple ... :nervous:
Anyway, with the death totem, wondering if they have a final cameo from Stein or have actual Laurel appear to Sara.

Sandyman

Glad they look like giving Rory a bigger role. There have been lot of episodes where he has not had enough role or screen space.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
So this is actually good? I've stayed well away since I hate campy stuff like Supergirl, Arrow and Flash.

Andersons Dietician

So this is actually good? I've stayed well away since I hate campy stuff like Supergirl, Arrow and Flash.
Right now it for me anyway might be one of the best things on TV, especially this season. It’s been brilliant. It’s still a little campy but it’s quite different from the rest of the CW stuff. Like it pokes fun at itself and how ludicrous it’s premise is. It’s kind of what has made it brilliant.

Sylar

S1 was good for the last three eps I think. But yeah, overall it sucked due to the villain and a couple of the 'legends'.

The last episode was great. I like the additions of Constantine and Kid Flash especially the former. Hes been brilliant. Decent replacements for Firestorm.

Also the funniest part in the last episode:

Constantine: “My business card says ‘Master Of The Dark Arts,’ not ‘Doctor Ruddy What’s His Face.’”
Ava: “Who?”
Gary: “Who.”
Constantine: “Exactly.”

rofl. Also CW needs to find better ways to break people up as opposed to the usual 'i dont deserve happiness' stuff. Ah well.
Oh, and always a fan of beebo callbacks.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Constantine: “My business card says ‘Master Of The Dark Arts,’ not ‘Doctor Ruddy What’s His Face.’”
Ava: “Who?”
Gary: “Who.”
Constantine: “Exactly.”
I must have missed that part, but genius..

Has anyone got any thoughts on who Sarah’s GF is? There was that scene where Rick deletes a file and says Sarah can never know who she is. Surely don’t think it would be a family member of Sarah’s so I’m thinking Ricks daughter or granddaughter. Oliver and Felicitys child perhaps? I’m not sure what time period she is actually from.