PL L FA Premier League

Leicester City 5:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 21 September 2014

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Clattenburg.

Yeah it shouldn't have went to crap like that, but when a referee is trying to kill you you're going to lose composure.

Anyway, Rojo had a poor game. Blackett was fine until things the Clattenburg intervention, but lost composure more than most. Youth and inexperience.

By default I guess it's gonna be Rafael, Rojo, Smalling, Shaw at the back.
I'd like to see Shaw, could have done with him today. But that CB pairing is scary.
Going to be a tough tough game versus a West Ham team with a fast attack.

Going forward, I'm not happy with the Falcao, Rooney, RVP front 3. I want Mata in there, so LVG has got to make a choice.

Last edited:

bleedred

Man of the Match : Mark Clattenburg..

We were doing so well till the decision and got way too distracted by it. Still feel it will even out over the season and not worried yet. We deserved atleast a point from this game...

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I am missed the match because of work. Was it just a case of us being to gun ho? I felt that could be a possible issue starting Rooney/RVP/Falcao together.

Siorac

Should have been Clattenburg v United: Post match. Leicester had little to do with this result, they merely accepted Clattenburg's gifts handed to them on a plate.

OneUnited24

Am i the only one here who thinks their fifth came from a foul too? That thug clearly appeared to shove Blackett in the back, sending off was a sending off but in the build up that was a foul

Last edited:

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
The ref had a shocker. Still, no excuse for the collapse that was to follow. Every one of those players should hold their head in shame after that 2nd half. Bringing off Di Maria was a bad choice too.

Man-United

2001-02 season all over again with a shit defence and quality attack.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Stop putting the blame on Clattenburg. The players and manager bottled it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Clattenburg was horrible but the defense is made up of a bunch of overrated and injury prone players.

bleedred

Man of the Match : Mark Clattenburg..

We were doing so well till the decision and got way too distracted by it. Still feel it will even out over the season and not worried yet. We deserved atleast a point from this game...

ScarleyUtd

The ref totally knackered this for us.

Leicester would have kept battling but it came at a crucial time, gave them belief and we lost our shape.

There were results like this under Fergie. We'll be back up to speed the next match.

togg

Obviously some bad ref decisions, but my oh my, we went to pieces. I'm in shock to be honest. There is some serious hard work to be done with the team. Unfortunately this is really going to dent any confidence they had from last week.

Getsme

Ref - Terrible
LVG - Terrible
Players - Worse than terrible.

JohnDoe

We collapsed mentally after Clattenburg gifted them 3-2. No excuses for that.

Still, Clattenburg is a fecking cnut. I rarely get angry at referees but that was fecking atrocious.

MoskvaRed

I think cleaning out the Augean stables will take LVG a bit longer. At this rate, only De Gea is sure to survive from the old guard. 3-1 to 3-5 against a newly promoted side suggests serious mental fragility as well as highlighting a big structural imbalance in the squad. The cheque book needs to come out again in January.

RORY65

Should have been Clattenburg v United: Post match. Leicester had little to do with this result, they merely accepted Clattenburg's gifts handed to them on a plate.
It was one fecking decision, he didn't gift them the 3 goals after that. That loss was down to us having poor defenders and the lack of character that has been an issue for a couple of years.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
My Top 3 observations on today's game.

1) Rojo needs to be dropped for a game and needs a hair dryer from LvG. Give Shaw a chance.
2) Team needs to learn to perform under pressure. The moment we had pressure on, the passes do not connect, we lose possession and knee jerk everywhere on the field.
3) Team needs to utilize wings more often. Last season we pinged all the time and this season, we refuse to go wide. Rafael was at his best, but so lacks support up ahead. I think we need to drop a forward for Januzaj on RW

Mad Winger

It feels wrong to solely blame the ref today, but at the same time there's no way we would have lost the game if De Laet had been sent off in the first half and Rafael got that freekick(instead of causing a penalty).

While it's tragic that we manage to lose the game after the penalty, let's not forget that we were in total control before that moment.

Winrar

I am missed the match because of work. Was it just a case of us being to gun ho? I felt that could be a possible issue starting Rooney/RVP/Falcao together.
No, we were coasting 3-1 up until Clattenburg gave a non existent penalty to Leicester.

Of course, no excuse for switching off and conceding 4, but if Clattenburg wasn't being a 12th man for Leicester we would've won.

ScarleyUtd

The ref totally knackered this for us.

Leicester would have kept battling but it came at a crucial time, gave them belief and we lost our shape.

There were results like this under Fergie. We'll be back up to speed the next match.
Oh yeah and they should have been down to ten men before any of this happened.

adamwest

What the feck just happened? I'm getting absolutely smashed today now, as a result of this. I suppose not all is bad.

Interval

Level
ITs like no-one in the team has any character whatsoever.

Oh and Falcao was sorta rubbish apart from a couple of moments.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I feel physically sick. Went from feeling total joy at 3-1 to staring at the nothingness at 5-3. We had this in the bag with half an hour to go, it's incredibly hard to accept this defeat.

Siorac

Stop putting the blame on Clattenburg. The players and manager bottled it.
NO.

For two decades we had to put up with "oh but Man United get all the decisions". Which was clearly rubbish even then. Yeah, it's nice being the bigger man and not focusing on the refs yadda yadda. But it's about time we start screaming and throwing our toys out of the pram about the refs, like every other club does. We've been fecked over today, disgustingly.

rpitchfo

We look dangerous again going forward which is such a relief. People were moaning "i'd be happy for us to lose as long as we played good football". Well we played some good stuff today and lost.

The one thing that hasn't changed is our defence. That's going to take money and time to sort out.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
For me the main culprit is Daley Blind, invisible today and didn't give the back four sufficient protection. He needed to add some composure into the game and slow it down for us - he did nothing of the sort.

Blackett totally lost the plot second half, but he is a young kid and has been playing out of his skin before that half - now needs to be taken out of the firing line and worked on. Rafael was targeted time and time again for bad decisions - fecking joke.

Falcao.. needs to work on fitness, his pace is there but needs to get more involved. RVP was decent today.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Dropping Rojo after 2 games would be disastrous for his confidence. He needs to play to get used to the league and the team.

Play him at CB (we're gonna have to anyway because the rest are either perenially injured or suspended) and play Shaw at LB.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There is one thing that really bother, it's the fact that we don't seem to try to control the rhythm of the game. That's one of the reason we lost today.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
A very enjoyable game of football, I thought.

Player Ratings

4.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 506 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Leicester 1:3 Man Utd
  • 18% Leicester 0:3 Man Utd