Leicester - the title is still theirs to lose.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I think they need 11 more points to win the league.
If Spurs get 2 points a game until the end of the season, they'll finish on 74. Oh and they still have United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Southampton still to play.

I think Leicester need 9 more points to win the league.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
From the matchday thread - team leading after 31 games/team that went on to win the title since 2000/01.

00/01 - United top/United won
01/02 - United top/Arsenal won
02/03 - Arsenal top/United won
03/04 - Arsenal top/Arsenal won
04/05 - Chelsea top/Chelsea won
05/06 - Chelsea top/Chelsea won
06/07 - United top/United won
07/08 - United top/United won
08/09 - United top/United won

09/10 - United top/Chelsea won
10/11 - United top/United won
11/12 - United top/City won
12/13 - United top/United won
13/14 - Chelsea top/City won (but City had two games in hand and were 3 points behind)
14/15 - Chelsea top/Chelsea won

15/16 - Leicester top/?????

Nanook

If Spurs get 2 points a game until the end of the season, they'll finish on 74. Oh and they still have United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Southampton still to play.

Arsenal have a pretty easy run in, I think they might finish ahead of Spurs. Their remaining home games are Watford, Palace, West Brom, Villa, Norwich and they away games are Sunderland, West Ham and City.

If they get one win against City or West Ham and win the rest that would put them on 76 points.

Shark

@NotShark

Not sure why you're putting us down as an obstacle, they'll stroll past us.

Boycott

Arsenal have a pretty easy run in, I think they might finish ahead of Spurs. Their remaining home games are Watford, Palace, West Brom, Villa, Norwich and they away games are Sunderland, West Ham and City.

If they get one win against City or West Ham and win the rest that would put them on 76 points.
Today was an excellent performance which has been a rarity in 2016. On paper they should win all home games but they're very open at home.

Nanook

Remaining fixtures

Leicester: Southampton(H), Sunderland (A), West Ham(H), Swansea (H), Man Utd(A), Everton(H), Chelsea(A)

Spurs: Bournemouth (H), Liverpool(A), Man Utd(H), Stoke (A), West Brom(H), Chelsea (A), Southampton(H), Newcastle (A)

Arsenal: Watford(H), West Ham (A), Palace(H), West Brom(H), Sunderland (A), Norwich (H), Man City (A), Villa (H)

City: Man Utd(H), Bournmouth(A), West Brom(H), Chelsea(A), Newcastle (A), Stoke (H), Southamton (A), Arsenal (H), Swansea(A)

City also have the PSG games before the West Brom and Chelsea games.

Leicester can finish on a maximum of 87 points, Spurs 82, Arsenal 79, Man City 78

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Leicester were actually lucky that they didn't concede the late goal. Even, watching the entire game, Palace created far more, and although Leicester score on counters generally and against run of play, the last 10-15 minutes, Palace fans would moan about the missed chances. They hit the bar, they had a few close shots and the tactic Leicester have been using to get those 1-0 results may not work against a side which is more clinical

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Remaining fixtures

Leicester: Southampton(H), Sunderland (A), West Ham(H), Swansea (H), Man Utd(A), Everton(H), Chelsea(A)

Spurs: Bournemouth (H), Liverpool(A), Man Utd(H), Stoke (A), West Brom(H), Chelsea (A), Southampton(H), Newcastle (A)

Arsenal: Watford(H), West Ham (A), Palace(H), West Brom(H), Sunderland (A), Norwich (H), Man City (A), Villa (H)

City: Man Utd(H), Bournmouth(A), West Brom(H), Chelsea(A), Newcastle (A), Stoke (H), Southamton (A), Arsenal (H), Swansea(A)

City also have the PSG games before the West Brom and Chelsea games.

Leicester can finish on a maximum of 87 points, Spurs 82, Arsenal 79, Man City 78
With City virtually out due to their inconsistent performances +European participation, its a 3 way race IMO.
Spurs have a tricky run- Utd, Pool, Stoke, Chelsea, Southampton and Newcastle(they may be playing the game to confirm their status as a top flight club that day)
Leicester too- Apart from possibly Swansea, every team is a tricky opposition
Arsenal for me has the easiest run in, but the problem is they are 8 points behind!
Feel Leicester may choke badly in the last 3-5 games

Nanook

I think as few as 7 more points could win it for Leicester, I think Spurs will finish on 71/72. It depends how Arsenal do against West Ham and City, they could easily slip up in one of their easier games too.

pauldyson1uk

saw this on Facebook.

Leicester City are 7 games away from doing what Liverpool have spent nearly 900m trying to do - win the Premier League..

....Not bad for a team that's spent less than 90m since 1992

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Hopefully Leicester City winning the title will finally distract Simon from Pallister's bulge

Last edited:

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Not sure why you're putting us down as an obstacle, they'll stroll past us.

Yeah, I dont understand this 'Spurs being their main contestants' stuff. Spurs havent been top of the table for a single game this season. Arsenal or City are more likely to nick it in my eyes.

Arsenal have a good run in as you say. I can't remember a single occasion in the last decade where they had a long run of wins though.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Leicester were actually lucky that they didn't concede the late goal. Even, watching the entire game, Palace created far more, and although Leicester score on counters generally and against run of play, the last 10-15 minutes, Palace fans would moan about the missed chances. They hit the bar, they had a few close shots and the tactic Leicester have been using to get those 1-0 results may not work against a side which is more clinical
There are 7 games left, I think they will be fine if they keep scrapping 1-0 wins like today or two weeks ago at Watford. They're obviously not going to destroy all their opposition but I found their last three games more impressive than gung ho wins at the start of season because they showed great maturity and as opposed to what people expected did not crumble under pressure but performed.

Spoony

The People's President
There are 7 games left, I think they will be fine if they keep scrapping 1-0 wins like today or two weeks ago at Watford. They're obviously not going to destroy all their opposition but I found their last three games more impressive than gung ho wins at the start of season because they showed great maturity and as opposed to what people expected did not crumble under pressure but performed.

Yep, it's how we beat Newcastle to the title. 1-0 Cantona.

m1y2

Every club which became champion had to win games like this. The pressure's on with every other game and this is a sign of a strong club. They are surely winning it this year..

Gazza

Really don't think Arsenal are out of it. They should be, but they're well capable of winning all their last games, especially with the pressure off them now that everyone thinks they have bottled it. West Ham and City games aside, they should be guaranteed another 15 points at least and I still think Leicester will have problems in their last 3 games. It kind of goes against everything that has happened so far this season, but I can see it happening.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Leicester won't win more than one game of the next 3 games.

Really don't think Arsenal are out of it. They should be, but they're well capable of winning all their last games, especially with the pressure off them now that everyone thinks they have bottled it. West Ham and City games aside, they should be guaranteed another 15 points at least and I still think Leicester will have problems in their last 3 games. It kind of goes against everything that has happened so far this season, but I can see it happening.
Arsenal will win it this year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Leicester won't win more than one game of the next 3 games.

Arsenal will win it this year.
Not going to happen. Talk of their easy run is a little overstated, with City and West Ham away, and even teams like Watford at home, that they just lost to!

They'll probably finish above Tottenham though, many tough games for them.

Leicester are notching these 1-0s off, the games are going down, and their lead remains the same.

5 ahead of Tottenham (if Tottenham win), 11 ahead of Arsenal, having played one more.

That's 11 points ahead!!

bleedred

Could it be possible that they might get a guard of honour at OT or possibly could win the title at OT....

I dont know how I would feel....

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Not going to happen. Talk of their easy run is a little overstated, with City and West Ham away, and even teams like Watford at home, that they just lost to!

They'll probably finish above Tottenham though, many tough games for them.

Leicester are notching these 1-0s off, the games are going down, and their lead remains the same.

5 ahead of Tottenham (if Tottenham win), 11 ahead of Arsenal, having played one more.

That's 11 points ahead!!
Arsenal have a game in hand though so let's say 8 for arguments sake. It's a lead which can easily be wiped. We were 8 clear of City in 11/12 with 6 to play and they popped us to it.

Gut says Arsenal will do it. Hope Leicester can hold on though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Arsenal have a game in hand though so let's say 8 for arguments sake. It's a lead which can easily be wiped. We were 8 clear of City in 11/12 with 6 to play and they popped us to it.

We were, but we had to play them for one thing. And then you add in the incredible bottle job from us. Although people tend to forget they had had a collapse just before to allow us to set such a lead up.

The way it's going this year, Leicester will be coming to our ground with it being possible to win the league! That'd be a bad scenario. Win it the next game!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

You're mistaking Arsenal winning games to ensure top 4 for Arsenal winning games to challenge for a league title. If all these years should have taught you anything.....

MandalaySean

Palace and Watford were two games that I thought they might struggle with but they've managed to get full points. I don't see any signs of them bottling it especially as they've won 4 out 5 since the Arsenal game. They've improved defensively as well, they've had 6 clean sheets in their last 9 games. It took them until October 24th to keep their first clean sheet of the season.

Their form suggests they will win it. Arsenal are erratic, one win against Everton doesn't change that, it wouldn't surprise me if they drew 0-0 with Watford in their next game and then they've got West Ham away.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Go on Leicester. Win it. Although I have to say Arsenal remaining home games are just chump change. Easy wins. If they don't choke that is.

Natener

7 games left and still we have some people expecting some sort of a collapse from Leicester with Arsenal winning their remaining games to snatch the title. I expect Leicester to drop a few points but certainly am not expecting any other contender to win all their remaining games, not with how the league has been this season. At this point, Leicester winning the league will not be a miracle anymore, them not winning would be.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
First thing I checked was their score this morning. Really hope they win it, as I fecking hate Arsenal and Spurs.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
They were great today, Vardy was excellent again - he wants that winners medal badly and it shows - our current team need to take a close look. Really hoping they win it now, the whole country will go wild - apart from parts of London maybe:lol:.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
Go on Leicester. Win it. Although I have to say Arsenal remaining home games are just chump change. Easy wins. If they don't choke that is.
Doesn't get much easier than Swansea.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I find myself watching their games and actually getting nervous when they're seeing a game out. Absolutely desperate for them to win it :lol: If Spurs do a Spurs v Bournemouth it's over.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
I find myself watching their games and actually getting nervous when they're seeing a game out. Absolutely desperate for them to win it :lol:
same but i assume at least half of the football world are in the same boat with us two :D

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
7 games left and still we have some people expecting some sort of a collapse from Leicester with Arsenal winning their remaining games to snatch the title. I expect Leicester to drop a few points but certainly am not expecting any other contender to win all their remaining games, not with how the league has been this season. At this point, Leicester winning the league will not be a miracle anymore, them not winning would be.
Nothing miraculous about them not winning it. They are still Leicester and the remaining games are difficult games.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Remaining fixtures

Leicester will do it, imo

My predictions for each team:

Leicester - 66/31. Remaining fixtures: W,D,L,W,D,W,D = 12 points. Total - 78 points
Spurs - 58/30. Remaining fixtures: W,D,W,D,W,D,W,D = 16 points. Total - 74 points
Arsenal - 55/30. Remaining fixtures: W,D,W,W,W,W,D,W = 20points. Total - 75 points.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Nothing miraculous about them not winning it. They are still Leicester and the remaining games are difficult games.
Find it ridiculous that you say that 'they are still Leicester' and couple of posts before you claimed Arsenal will win it.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Arsenal are the big danger - I don't think Spurs can be expected to win the title with their run-in, and their sacred tradition of finish behind Arsenal.

It seems like Welbeck is dragging Arsenal towards the title right now - if he picks up another injury then Leicester might be clear.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Leicester will do it, imo

My predictions for each team:

Leicester - 66/31. Remaining fixtures: W,D,L,W,D,W,D = 12 points. Total - 78 points
Spurs - 58/30. Remaining fixtures: W,D,W,D,W,D,W,D = 16 points. Total - 74 points
Arsenal - 55/30. Remaining fixtures: W,D,W,W,W,W,D,W = 20points. Total - 75 points.
No way in hell Arsenal are suddenly going unbeaten for 8 games winning 6 drawing 2. Their current form for the last 10 games is 3 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
No way in hell Arsenal are suddenly going unbeaten for 8 games winning 6 drawing 2. Their current form for the last 10 games is 3 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses.
Probably right. I was considering, as per me, the worst case scenario for Leicester and the best one for Arsenal and Spurs.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal do go unbeaten. This is the time when they usually do business, with the pressure off.

C'est Moi Cantona

If Leicester maybe winning the premier league isn't the kick up the arse the big teams need to get their act together then nothing will be, it's a great story, but all it does is expose how utterly crap the so called big teams are this year, plus they'll likely get hammered in the CL next year, and that along with Spurs probably not doing great, and Arsenal doing the usual, is really going to put the 4th CL spot under pressure, and rightfully so imo.