Leicester - the title is still theirs to lose.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
The only thing better than Leicester winning the league would be for us to miraculously (and hilariously) pip everybody to it :lol: Then see LvG awkwardly get sacked with his successor is already signed up.

- Seeing Schmeichel Jr. lifting his dad's trophy would be great.
- Danny Drinkwater 1-0 Gerrard :lol:
- Ranieri turning down everybody. Chelsea looking a bit silly.
- The Bluemoon meltdown and assault on a club that doesn't deserve the league because they haven't paid for it.
- Robert Huth 1-0 3-0 Gerrard (EDIT: Thanks, RK)
- A proper kick in the balls to dream team sugar-daddy clubs.
- Andy King 1-0 Gerrard :lol:

Go on Leicester, do it.

Last edited:

VanGaalEra

Tottenham have a very tough run in, Leicester ought to have this all but wrapped up by the time they come to us.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham have a very tough run in, Leicester ought to have this all but wrapped up by the time they come to us.
Again, we have almost exactly the same run in but the five point gap will be too much to overcome in such a short amount of time.

Leicester will win.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Think they have done it- 8,9 points more and it looks nailed on. Spurs are still in, but have tougher games. Arsenal is out for me and that hasn't changed after one decent game against Everton. People keep mentioning that they have easy fixtures, but they proved with home losses against Swansea and Watford that they have no easy games. They will drop points as usual and won't win it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Definitely want Leicester to take it. They haven't been up near the top long enough to not like them for some reason.

Marty1968

Again, we have almost exactly the same run in but the five point gap will be too much to overcome in such a short amount of time.

Leicester will win.
Would like Leicester to win it but anything could happen still. Sure we all remember United being 8 points clear of City with 4 games left a couple of years ago, only to be pipped to the post by Aguerrrroooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Wise man once say 'it's squeaky bum time'.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why are you so precious about the clubs with lots of money - sugar-daddy or otherwise? It is a frustrated sense of "entitlement"? Are you outraged that Leicester City top the league? Does it bug you that Spurs - who've spent virtually nothing in net terms for many windows past - sit in 2nd place?

What this season has shown - contrary to the fond belief of many it seems - is that throwing bucketloads of cash around is far less important than good club management, good scouting and good coaching. And what this season has also shown is that lower and middle-table clubs have generally become a lot harder to beat - because they now too all have a bit of spare money themselves, and will have even more next season.

Things have changed. The cosy assumptions of the past are showing distinct cracks.
It's not Spurs that people hate, it's you. Idiotic posts like the one above where you fail to grasp the concept of this but go on about some imaginative stuff that goes on in your insane mind is exactly why.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Would like Leicester to win it but anything could happen still. Sure we all remember United being 8 points clear of City with 4 games left a couple of years ago, only to be pipped to the post by Aguerrrroooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Wise man once say 'it's squeaky bum time'.
True of course, but something like this is the exception and not the rule. It was a massive bottle job from us and then you need a consistent team behind which takes advantage of. I don't think any of those two is there this season. Leicester will not fall apart and even if they drop some points there isn't anyone who will put them under massive pressure, because they will all drop points for fun too like they did all season.

stepic

as Leicester and Tottenham have shown this year, money isn't always the answer. City and United have both spent big and one of them or us won't be in the top 4 either. Chelsea isn't a guarantee to make it straight back into the 4 despite their wealth.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
My question is that assuming Leicester do win the league - which of their players do we think they will lose in the summer?

Vardy, Mahrez, Kante and Schmeichel could all attract some fairly big suitors, and even though they have had a truly unbelievable season this year, it would be difficult to justify staying put if a regular CL/EL team comes calling.

Ludens the Red

All rubbish, except for last bit. Last bit's so true, Leicester should share their title (if they win) with us really. Not so serious
Agreed, a joint lap of honour in the streets of leicester.

Why are you so precious about the clubs with lots of money - sugar-daddy or otherwise? It is a frustrated sense of "entitlement"? Are you outraged that Leicester City top the league? Does it bug you that Spurs - who've spent virtually nothing in net terms for many windows past - sit in 2nd place?

What this season has shown - contrary to the fond belief of many it seems - is that throwing bucketloads of cash around is far less important than good club management, good scouting and good coaching. And what this season has also shown is that lower and middle-table clubs have generally become a lot harder to beat - because they now too all have a bit of spare money themselves, and will have even more next season.

Things have changed. The cosy assumptions of the past are showing distinct cracks.
What? Which one is it? it can't be both. Contradiction.

Honestly you make people actively dislike Spurs. I've wanted Spurs to win the league for a while, I've seen your posts and now I actively want Leicester to win it instead.

mancan92

What's really weird is how they haven't had a single significant injury. Everything has fallen in place perfectly it's soo weird. They have Chelsea champions league level of luck all season. But good on them.

Drifter

American
BBC Five Live getting ahead of themselves with "Leicester the impossible dream"tonight.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
My question is that assuming Leicester do win the league - which of their players do we think they will lose in the summer?

Vardy, Mahrez, Kante and Schmeichel could all attract some fairly big suitors, and even though they have had a truly unbelievable season this year, it would be difficult to justify staying put if a regular CL/EL team comes calling.
Kante and Mahrez will be the ones to go I think.

But they'll have a lot of dosh, and if they spend it wisely (which they seem to do) then they'll have a chance of coping with any losses.

Sir A1ex

What's really weird is how they haven't had a single significant injury. Everything has fallen in place perfectly it's soo weird. They have Chelsea champions league level of luck all season. But good on them.
Neither have Spurs really, have they?

MOTD last night banging on about how those two teams know their starting XI and the rest don't. All that says to me is that they've been very lucky with injuries!

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
It's not Spurs that people hate, it's you. Idiotic posts like the one above where you fail to grasp the concept of this but go on about some imaginative stuff that goes on in your insane mind is exactly why.
It's not "idiotic" to suggest that things have changed - that there will be no return to the cosy era when mostly the same 4 clubs finished in the top 4 every season. I've given my reasons why. If you disagree then explain why instead of filling your posts with childish personal abuse.

I've also noticed that some posters seem to resent the fact that wealthy clubs have slid down the pecking order, as if it affronts their sense of the "natural order" ... perhaps because it challenges the comfortable notion that the best teams are always filled with players that cost lots of money and are paid high wages. Again, if you disagree then explain why instead of coming back with more personal abuse.

And by the way, I feel sorry for any poster who engages with hate. It makes me wonder what's going on in their lives.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
... What? Which one is it? it can't be both. Contradiction.

Honestly you make people actively dislike Spurs. I've wanted Spurs to win the league for a while, I've seen your posts and now I actively want Leicester to win it instead.
What contradiction?

As for the rest, I couldn't care less who you want to win the league.

Sarni

It's not "idiotic" to suggest that things have changed - that there will be no return to the cosy era when mostly the same 4 clubs finished in the top 4 every season. I've given my reasons why. If you disagree then explain why instead of filling your posts with childish personal abuse.

I've also noticed that some posters seem to resent the fact that wealthy clubs have slid down the pecking order, as if it affronts their sense of the "natural order" ... perhaps because it challenges the comfortable notion that the best teams are always filled with players that cost lots of money and are paid high wages. Again, if you disagree then explain why instead of coming back with more personal abuse.

And by the way, I feel sorry for any poster who engages with hate. It makes me wonder what's going on in their lives.
I don't think anyone resents the fact that money doesn't buy success. People on here are cheering for Leicester over everyone else in the title race. You're making stuff up as you go again in your crazy mind and go on with your philosophic nonsense. Yeah it's idiotic to suggest that people don't want Spurs to win the title because they cannot stand the idea of a non-rich club winning it, it's only your crazy brain that could come up with something like this. Everyone was overjoyed with Atletico winning La Liga in 2014, people are cheering Leicester for the title right now, nobody wants Arsenal and City to win. People enjoy non-rich clubs winning it. The only reason why people don't want Tottenham to win on here is you, which goes to say how great your reputation is.

I don't like you as a poster, yeah. I don't like the fact that you spout nonsense and go all philosophical about some imaginative stuff. I don't like the fact that you cannot make a single post without being bullish and arrogant and constantly winding United fans up.

You are the reason people don't like Tottenham on here, deal with this. As a single poster you've managed to show yourself as such an unlikable bullish person that people actually do not want your football club to win the title. This is quite some achievement.

Last edited:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Kante and Mahrez will be the ones to go I think.

But they'll have a lot of dosh, and if they spend it wisely (which they seem to do) then they'll have a chance of coping with any losses.
Dunno, there are a few teams who could do with a new keeper - Everton, Liverpool, ourselves if DDG leaves.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Dunno, there are a few teams who could do with a new keeper - Everton, Liverpool, ourselves if DDG leaves.
True, though you'd imagine Butland or Forster would be just as high on that shopping list... if not higher.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
True, though you'd imagine Butland or Forster would be just as high on that shopping list... if not higher.
Very true, I just think that despite their respective teams' performance this season, Stoke and Saints are still both reputable enough to stand a better chance of hanging on to their best players. I think the Leicester players may have a bit more of an incentive to "cash in" on a fantastic season rather than thinking that they can replicate or improve on it.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
I don't think anyone resents the fact that money doesn't buy success. People on here are cheering for Leicester over everyone else in the title race. You're making stuff up as you go again in your crazy mind and go on with your philosophic nonsense. Yeah it's idiotic to suggest that people don't want Spurs to win the title because they cannot stand the idea of a non-rich club winning it, it's only your crazy brain that could come up with something like this. Everyone was overjoyed with Atletico winning La Liga in 2014, people are cheering Leicester for the title right now, nobody wants Arsenal and City to win. People enjoy non-rich clubs winning it. The only reason why people don't want Tottenham to win on here is you, which goes to say how great your reputation is.

I don't like you as a poster, yeah. I don't like the fact that you spout nonsense and go all philosophical about some imaginative stuff. I don't like the fact that you cannot make a single post without being bullish and arrogant and constantly winding United fans up.

You are the reason people don't like Tottenham on here, deal with this. As a single poster you've managed to show yourself as such an unlikable bullish person that people actually do not want your football club to win the title. This is quite some achievement.
You dish out personal abuse - talking about hate, often focusing on the poster and not what they've said. If you want to engage in some personal vendetta then go and do it with someone else, because I find it childish and boring.

Even when you do focus on what I've said, as usual you misrepresent it. I haven't said that "people don't want Spurs to win the title because they cannot stand the idea of a non-rich club winning it". I suggest you read what instead I've actually said.

Sarni

You dish out personal abuse - talking about hate, often focusing on the poster and not what they've said. If you want to engage in some personal vendetta then go and do it with someone else, because I find it childish and boring.

Even when you do focus on what I've said, as usual you misrepresent it. I haven't said that "people don't want Spurs to win the title because they cannot stand the idea of a non-rich club winning it". I suggest you read what instead I've actually said.
:lol: I don't dish out personal abuse, just saying that your behaviour as a poster makes people dislike Spurs. People don't want them to win league not because they have less money, they do because you paint an image of Spurs fans that is difficult to like. Deal with it.

This is what you said: "I've also noticed that some posters seem to resent the fact that wealthy clubs have slid down the pecking order, as if it affronts their sense of the "natural order" ... perhaps because it challenges the comfortable notion that the best teams are always filled with players that cost lots of money and are paid high wages. Again, if you disagree then explain why instead of coming back with more personal abuse."

To which I can say that people on here do not dislike the idea of Spurs winning the league because it'd ruin some sort of order because the same people want Leicester, an even poorer club, to win it. People cannot stand the idea of Spurs winning the league because of how you've painted a portrait of a Spurs fan on here. I was cheering Spurs in the top 4 battle in 2006, wanted them to make top 4 in 2011. Nowadays I'm less fond of the club because when I think of Spurs, I immediately see a hundred of your bullish posts.

You're the only poster I dislike on this forum too so not sure what you're getting at with 'you dish out personal abuse'. It's just you that I can't stand.

Boycott

Arsenal in recent years go on a run at this point of the season where they finish as the in form team but usually 4th, though last year they got 3rd.

Factor in they're playing mostly at home then they're secure. Maybe a defeat at WHU but they should negotiate the rest.

Spurs' season has been massively aided by their consistency against the bottom half clubs. They are ruthless. Don't get me wrong, they've not lost many games but the next step is to turn the draws against the top sides into wins. They've been building towards a title charge but probably didn't think it'll be so soon.

You might say that Leicester shouldn't be above Spurs when you compare both clubs but one factor that I think helped Leicester was that opposition were treating them lightly. How often were we saying the bubble would burst? We were waiting and waiting. Most of the first half of the season they were playing on the counter as superior teams on paper believed the quality will come through. Team work and cohesiveness did.

They had confidence and points in the bag to keep going and only when they beat City 2/3rds in did teams accept what they are and started to respect them.

Ludens the Red

What contradiction?

As for the rest, I couldn't care less who you want to win the league.
You're having a go at United fans for being "precious" about teams having money, then in the same sentence, suggesting they have a problem with clubs who don't spend big.

You're a clown tbh, an obvious WUM/troll, supporters of other clubs forums think you're a clown too. No idea how you've lasted this long on here, but hey ho.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We'll see. I think overall Leicester's remaining games are more difficult than Arsenal's. City are knackered now, and Arsenal have had good results against them in the past.

City and us are out of the title race. Out of Leicester, Tottenham and Arsenal Leicester are imo the most likely to falter. Arsenal are bottlers, when they compete with top teams like United, Chelsea or City (when they were top teams). Arsenal have never bottled a top 4 race, i.e. a race with the likes of Tottenham, Everton, ...etc., and they usually finish the season strongly. We still don't know what Leicester are made of, because they have never been in this situation before, and unless a team can show that they can close it out and win a title, they will not be looked at as champions.

By the way, Arsenal have had many runs in the past when they win 6,7,8 in a row to salvage a top 4 finish. They are capable of making such good runs after such bad runs. It's what have been keeping Wenger in his job for the last 10 years.
They haven't bottled a top 4 race, but they were often aiming higher, and 4th itself was a bottle job.

Also, yes they haven't lost out to the traditional 5/6/7th types, but this year Leicester and Tottenham aren't that. They're the top teams.

Leicester have 7 games left. People (certainly me) wrote them off all season, "wait til they get this run of games" etc type sentiments...

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
You're having a go at United fans for being "precious" about teams having money, then in the same sentence, suggesting they have a problem with clubs who don't spend big.

You're a clown tbh, an obvious WUM/troll, supporters of other clubs forums think you're a clown too. No idea how you've lasted this long on here, but hey ho.
No, I criticised one United fan for being precious (i.e. defensive) concerning wealthy clubs. And that entirely fits with the idea that some posters are upset about the fact their long-cherished notions of "spend big, pay big wages and thereby get success" are collapsing around their ears. I suggest you look up the meaning of the word "contradiction", because you seem struggle with it.

Aa for the rest of your post it's just more silly insults .... but go ahead, knock yourself out.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
:lol: I don't dish out personal abuse, just saying that your behaviour as a poster makes people dislike Spurs. People don't want them to win league not because they have less money, they do because you paint an image of Spurs fans that is difficult to like. Deal with it.

This is what you said: "I've also noticed that some posters seem to resent the fact that wealthy clubs have slid down the pecking order, as if it affronts their sense of the "natural order" ... perhaps because it challenges the comfortable notion that the best teams are always filled with players that cost lots of money and are paid high wages. Again, if you disagree then explain why instead of coming back with more personal abuse."

To which I can say that people on here do not dislike the idea of Spurs winning the league because it'd ruin some sort of order because the same people want Leicester, an even poorer club, to win it. People cannot stand the idea of Spurs winning the league because of how you've painted a portrait of a Spurs fan on here. I was cheering Spurs in the top 4 battle in 2006, wanted them to make top 4 in 2011. Nowadays I'm less fond of the club because when I think of Spurs, I immediately see a hundred of your bullish posts.

You're the only poster I dislike on this forum too so not sure what you're getting at with 'you dish out personal abuse'. It's just you that I can't stand.
You keep bringing it back to Spurs, when my comment was clearly more general .... encompassing also both Leicester City and West Ham for example.

And you clearly imagine that I care what your view of Spurs - or me - is. I don't. But don't let that stop you from saying yet again that you dislike me .... because I don't think we've all fully got that yet from your last 4 posts.

Or alternatively, you could re-introduce the topic of hate from your earlier post if that floats your boat.

InfiniteBoredom

Such boring posts ... you could try talking about football you know.
Bit rich coming from you.

It's an achievement to invoke that level of disdain from so many people in a community you partake in. Even the Scousers are more liked. Act like a knob then don't be surprised when people call you out on it.

People in this thread have advocated for Leicester winning the league if United have no chance for ages. Your schpiel about 'being upset over natural order/money being proven wrong' is just the usual victim mentality bollocks you love to use in every discussion to wind up resident United fans.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Hear, hear. A really inflammatory poster, although I know some Tottenham goon fans in the flesh, so it aint just down to him :lol:

The incredible arrogance, from a supporter of a club who have won 2 league cups in almost living memory is startling.

Last edited:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
There is something entirely unnatural to associate Spurs with winning a league title. Something not quite right if you know what I mean, like finding pineapple and anchovies on your pizza or those people who spread both jam and peanut butter on two slices of bread, slap them together and dare to call said monstrosity a "sandwich". Evil people.

I believe, based on nothing but gut instinct, that the very day spurs win the league is the same day the son of the devil will be born. Our very existence is riding on Leicester winning the league.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Bit rich coming from you.

It's an achievement to invoke that level of disdain from so many people in a community you partake in. Even the Scousers are more liked. Act like a knob then don't be surprised when people call you out on it.

People in this thread have advocated for Leicester winning the league if United have no chance for ages. Your schpiel about 'being upset over natural order/money being proven wrong' is just the usual victim mentality bollocks you love to use in every discussion to wind up resident United fans.
On the contrary, I almost try to talk about football and almost never throw around personal abuse. The main reason why some don't like what I say is because I've robustly challenged the notion that Spurs are not going places and maintained that - post-Berbatov - no Spurs player will ever again be sold to United or any other Prem rival. Instead such folk mostly want to hear sycophantic praise for "big-name" players and hear talk about the contest/rivalry between "big clubs". They get upset with any suggestion that the apple-cart is being over-turned.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been told that Spurs have no chance of top 4, that Spurs will never challenge for the title, that Spurs will get destroyed in the CL etc etc. But guess what, it looks like this will be the 3rd time in the last 7 seasons that we've finished in the top 4, we are challenging for the title, and when we played in the CL we reached the QFs.

And very often the denial of Spurs as a force to be reckoned with has centred on money - e.g. United will offer so much money that Levy will sell whoever you want, or the likes of Chelski or City will spend big and always be in the top 4, or United will sign "Galacitico" X or Galactico Y" and always be at the top.

In reality, for some "big clubs" winter is coming ... but some people only want to hear about endless summer.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I've robustly challenged the notion that Spurs are not going places and maintained that - post-Berbatov - no Spurs player will ever again be sold to United or any other Prem riva
I have to wonder what you're basing that notion on mate but that is one bold statement regardless.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Fergies prematch press conference against the spuds once went 'Lads...its Tottenham', we battared them 3-0. In the end thats all they deserve. They might win the title this season due to mediocrity from the big boys, it won't last