Leicester - the title is still theirs to lose.

Tarrou

Clear title favourites now. Even money with most bookies, Spurs 3/1, Arsenal 5/1, City 11/2

Raw

Newcastle (H)
Palace (A)
Southampton (H)
Sunderland (A)
West Ham (H)
Swansea (H)
United (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)

Win the first 4 and they've practically won it. Imagine if they won the title at Old Trafford?

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Still a lot of games left. Honestly have no clue who will win it

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
feck the lot of them. If United can't win it then, balls to cheering someone else on.

Granted though, they are the lesser of a lot of evils. Well, them and Spurs but, they can piss off after today

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Not worried about the Newcastle game, but there are some tricky ones in that list.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Newcastle (H)
Palace (A)
Southampton (H)
Sunderland (A)
West Ham (H)
Swansea (H)
United (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)

Win the first 4 and they've practically won it. Imagine if they won the title at Old Trafford?
The way they're going to could have it won by the time they visit us, which might actually work in their favour as those final 3 games are tough

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Newcastle (H)
Palace (A)
Southampton (H)
Sunderland (A)
West Ham (H)
Swansea (H)
United (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)

Doubt it will be that straightforward after Newcastle (H). I see them getting 5 points of next 4 after Newcastle. If Arsenal and Spurs close gap to around 3 by end of West Ham(H) for Leicester, it will be a big taste of their temperament (which so far has been v.good). I see Leicester ending at 74 at max. Up to Arsenal and Spurs or even City to have a superb run to surpass 74 point mark.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Through 29 games last season they had 19 points. They finished with 41. So add in this ear and they have 82 points in the last 38 games. Very impressive.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Through 29 games last season they had 19 points. They finished with 41. So add in this ear and they have 82 points in the last 38 games. Very impressive.
It's unbelievable when you compare this season to last season.

Has anything like this ever happened in the English top division? I'm fairly certain it hasn't in the PL unless I've forgotten something!!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Utterly ridiculous isn't it.

It's been over a year since they lost consecutive PL games aswell.

It's a shame I have an irrational hate towards Vardy and so don't want them to actually win it.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
United and chelsea away will be very very tough, west ham at home wont be easy either.
Arsenal have city, west ham and maybe everton (play em after barca) they can lose points against.
Tottenham have Liverpool, united, stoke and chelsea to face. They will also face a relegation threatened newcastle on last day.
City have United,arsenal, stoke 3 tough games. They will progress further in cl and will face tougher opposition in it, so will be more tired.

It looks evenly poised to me. If leicester win their next four though, it will be over at old trafford.

My prediction : Leicester with 3 games remaining.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
9 games to go. 3-3-3 is a very reasonable prediction for me (which would give them 12 points leaving them with 72 at the end of the season). Tottenham, Arsenal and City are still in the race with a good chance.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Newcastle (H)
Palace (A)
Southampton (H)
Sunderland (A)
West Ham (H)
Swansea (H)
United (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)

I bet when the fixture list came out most of their fans looked at those last 3 games and thought 'I hope we're safe by then'.

Crazy.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Newcastle (H)
Palace (A)
Southampton (H)
Sunderland (A)
West Ham (H)
Swansea (H)
United (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)

Next 6 games are crucial. I can see them winning 4-5 of them and that'd probably win them league.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I don't know what I'm gonna do if they win it. I can't imagine watching sky sports and seeing them celebrating the title win.
I can't imagine how it is being one of their fans right now

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Newcastle (H) Win
Palace (A) Win
Southampton (H) Loss
Sunderland (A) Draw
West Ham (H) Win
Swansea (H) Win
United (A) Loss
Everton (H) Draw
Chelsea (A) Loss

Would probably just about see them home I think?

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
6 of the next 4 are against teams in the bottom 6. And 4 of the next six are at home. This is the most crucial period, because those last 3 games would be tough on a normal day, let alone when you have the added nerves of going for a title for the first time.

I look at those next 6 games for Leicester and feel confident they can come out of it looking good, but I've given up trying to predict this season. They'll probably lose against Newcastle the way this season has gone so far.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Next 6 games are crucial. I can see them winning 4-5 of them and that'd probably win them league.
Palace, Soton, and West Ham could all easily take points off them before the gauntlet run at the end.

Well, sort of a gauntlet with Everton in there but knowing them they'll show up just to foul up someone's title chase...

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Does anyone else have a niggling, unsubstantiated suspicion that in 5 years time the idea that 'it's all too good to be true' will turn out to be just that? I'm not accusing them of anything, but one of the reasons they are top is because their fitness levels are through the roof, if you get my drift.

Truedevil

Newcastle (H) Win
Palace (A) Win
Southampton (H) Loss
Sunderland (A) Draw
West Ham (H) Win
Swansea (H) Win
United (A) Loss
Everton (H) Draw
Chelsea (A) Loss

Chelsea would probably lay down to them if it meant Leicester won the title ahead of Spurs or Arsenal (ofc if they have nothing to play for).

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Newcastle (H) Win
Palace (A) Win
Southampton (H) Loss
Sunderland (A) Draw
West Ham (H) Win
Swansea (H) Win
United (A) Loss
Everton (H) Draw
Chelsea (A) Loss

That gives them 14 points (4-2-3) leaving them with 74 at the end of the season. Tottenham can pass them with 6 wins 1 draw and 2 losses, City can pass them with 7 wins and 3 draws, and Arsenal can pass them with 7 wins 1 draw and 1 loss.

Oh and we can pass them with 9 wins and one loss.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Palace, Soton, and West Ham could all easily take points off them before the gauntlet run at the end.

Well, sort of a gauntlet with Everton in there but knowing them they'll show up just to foul up someone's title chase...
Yeah anyone could easily beat them 7-0 and we've been hearing this for ages but it hasn't happened. In current form they are better than all these teams. They won't win them all but this is a very favorable run-in. Palace, WHU and Soton have nothing to play for too so will be less motivated.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yeah anyone could easily beat them 7-0 and we've been hearing this for ages but it hasn't happened. In current form they are better than all these teams. They won't win them all but this is a very favorable run-in. Palace, WHU and Soton have nothing to play for too so will be less motivated.
West Ham have ambitions for forth. To suggest they have nothing to play for is wrong.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
United and chelsea away will be very very tough, west ham at home wont be easy either.
Arsenal have city, west ham and maybe everton (play em after barca) they can lose points against.
Tottenham have Liverpool, united, stoke and chelsea to face. They will also face a relegation threatened newcastle on last day.
City have United,arsenal, stoke 3 tough games. They will progress further in cl and will face tougher opposition in it, so will be more tired.

It looks evenly poised to me. If leicester win their next four though, it will be over at old trafford.

My prediction : Leicester with 3 games remaining.
Newcastle will surely be down by the time Tottenham face them, but still a very tough run of games there.

We can't let Leicester win the league at our place, that'd be a joke, so we either need them to have won it by then, or see them off and delay things.
Oh how we've fallen to say such things!

If Tottenham won the league you'd fear it was the start of great things for them. But with Leicester you can very easily see Mahrez, Kante and maybe even Vardy getting sold, and that'd gut them, not to mention the extra requirements of Europe.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Does anyone else have a niggling, unsubstantiated suspicion that in 5 years time the idea that 'it's all too good to be true' will turn out to be just that? I'm not accusing them of anything, but one of the reasons they are top is because their fitness levels are through the roof, if you get my drift.
Nah, like those Spanish midgets able to outrun everyone, I'm sure it's all super legit. :annoyed::wenger:

Lurpak99

Buttered up
Captain's that've won the PL:

92/93: Steve Bruce/Bryan Robson
93/94: Steve Bruce/Bryan Robson
94/95: Tim Sherwood
95/96: Steve Bruce
96/97: Eric Cantona
97/98: Tony Adams
98/99: Roy Keane
99/00: Roy Keane
00/01: Roy Keane
01/02: Tony Adams
02/03: Roy Keane
03/04: Patrick Vieira
04/05: John Terry
05/06: John Terry
06/07: Gary Neville/Ryan Giggs
07/08: Gary Neville/Ryan Giggs
08/09: Gary Neville/Ryan Giggs
09/10: John Terry
10/11: Nemanja Vidic
11/12: Vincent Kompany
12/13: Nemanja Vidic
13/14: Vincent Kompany
14/15: John Terry
15/16: Wes Morgan (wtf?)

Moston_Lad

Extremely cynical but you've got to be weary in modern sport.

Charlie Foley

Captain's that've won the PL:

92/93: Steve Bruce/Bryan Robson
93/94: Steve Bruce/Bryan Robson
94/95: Tim Sherwood
95/96: Steve Bruce
96/97: Eric Cantona
97/98: Tony Adams
98/99: Roy Keane
99/00: Roy Keane
00/01: Roy Keane
01/02: Tony Adams
02/03: Roy Keane
03/04: Patrick Vieira
04/05: John Terry
05/06: John Terry
06/07: Gary Neville/Ryan Giggs
07/08: Gary Neville/Ryan Giggs
08/09: Gary Neville/Ryan Giggs
09/10: John Terry
10/11: Nemanja Vidic
11/12: Vincent Kompany
12/13: Nemanja Vidic
13/14: Vincent Kompany
14/15: John Terry
15/16: Wes Morgan (wtf?)
I tried to make a team from that, there was one clear flaw:

Neville Bruce Adams Terry Vidic Kompany

Keane Robson Viera Giggs

Cantona

You don't need a goalkeeper because you have a back six and an outrageous midfield:keano::keano:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
9 games to go. 3-3-3 is a very reasonable prediction for me (which would give them 12 points leaving them with 72 at the end of the season). Tottenham, Arsenal and City are still in the race with a good chance.
That's surely very pessimistic, though. I mean, they've only lost 3 league games all season...so they'd have to do really poorly to suddenly lose another three in their final nine. I think they'll probably get nearer 15-18, barring a bit of a collapse.

justboy68

I tried to make a team from that, there was one clear flaw:

Neville Bruce Adams Terry Vidic Kompany

Keane Robson Viera Giggs

Cantona

You don't need a goalkeeper because you have a back six and an outrageous midfield:keano::keano:
Vidic can go in goal, he'll only use his head though.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I bet when the fixture list came out most of their fans looked at those last 3 games and thought 'I hope we're safe by then'.

Crazy.
The phrase, "Manchester United and Chelsea will both play Leicester in their final three games, with each game being an important title clash.", would've certainly had a different implied meaning at the start of the season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Vardy reminds me of a chav. All he needs is a golden neckless and sandals with withe socks.
He'll fade quickly. While that incredible run he had was unsustainable, you'd think as a top of the league striker he'd have scored more in the last however many games than he has.

Mahrez and Kante leaving will surely make their team so much weaker. Will they want to go to bigger clubs, or will they want a trial at the European cup with Leicester? Will be an interesting choice.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
That's surely very pessimistic, though. I mean, they've only lost 3 league games all season...so they'd have to do really poorly to suddenly lose another three in their final nine. I think they'll probably get nearer 15-18, barring a bit of a collapse.
Probably it might sound that way. The thing I'm factoring here is the pressure of being so close to achieving something that big, and their inexperience to deal with that pressure.