Leon Goretzka

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
We can soon close the thread.

One of my best friend is the best friend of Marco Neppe......whatever Goretzka's contract extension will be made official in the next days.....the same goes for Kimmich.

Toad

One of my best friend is the best friend of Marco Neppe......whatever Goretzka's contract extension will be made official in the next days.....the same goes for Kimmich.
How can you have more than one best friend?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Tell him to tell Marco that ivaldo says hello. He'll know what it means.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Hello FC_Bayern_1993.

Classical Mechanic

I could have told you that the second these stories came out. This has been the most pointless transfer thread of the summer.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

Great news. Was afraid this would drag on and become annoying as it was with those who didn't end up extending. Thanks for sharing.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This is what I call a Ramos situation. I don’t feel the same vibe as Varane on this.

Scholsey2004

This is what I call a Ramos situation. I don’t feel the same vibe as Varane on this.
It didnt even make much sense for us. He's a (very good) dynamic box to box midfielder and we're crawling with those already. McTominay and Fred, you can probably tag vdB into that bracket as well. What we need is a deep lying playmaker who can defend.

RC89

Do people tend to suggest certain things can never happen just to downplay their own excitement? Save themselves the potential hurt in the future? We need to be equal parts naive and brave enough to risk being hurt!

Yes we'll cry if we really go in for him and he uses us like that girl did in year 10 only to get the attention of the guy she really wanted (*itch)

But... Imagine we do? Think Cantona, think RVP!

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Well they backed themselves in a corner when they made Sane 3rd highest earner at the club now everyone will want more. According to what I found on google Sane is making £298,000, while Goretzka and Kimmich are making £175,000 can see why they’d want an increase.
I think so as well. They destroyed their salary hierarchy to be able to atract Sané. If Sané doesn't deliver in this season, he should be ruled as a huge failure when you take into account what impact he had on the squad in terms of salary distribution. Very underwhelming transfer already in the eyes of everybody I talked to so far. It's not a surprise people like Goretzka and Kimmich want the same as him. But in the end I'd be very surprised if Bayern don't give Goretzka a juicy offer that he won't resist.

Mainoldo

Yes please.

I don't know if it was Covid, but he lost a fair bit of his stamina and physique i feel.
He's not the player anymore he used to be.
Maybe all that unnecessary muscle he put on?

Crap season or has he just turned to crap?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Maybe all that unnecessary muscle he put on?

Crap season or has he just turned to crap?
I don’t think so. The biggest issue is that we basically play with two midfielders. Kimmich has his place secured (rightly so). Goretzka is an awkward fit next to him. Because even though many people argued Kimmich was this super modern number 6, his best role is more offensively and closer to the opponents box. So ideally he needs a player next to him who controls the build up from the back and defends for him. Goretzka ain’t that player. Many fans, like me, believe that’s the main reason for some of our struggles, especially on defense.
Goretzka himself is a fine player and good enough to play for a topclub. But as long as Kimmich is here, he won’t fit.

Mainoldo

I don’t think so. The biggest issue is that we basically play with two midfielders. Kimmich has his place secured (rightly so). Goretzka is an awkward fit next to him. Because even though many people argued Kimmich was this super modern number 6, his best role is more offensively and closer to the opponents box. So ideally he needs a player next to him who controls the build up from the back and defends for him. Goretzka ain’t that player. Many fans, like me, believe that’s the main reason for some of our struggles, especially on defense.
Goretzka himself is a fine player and good enough to play for a topclub. But as long as Kimmich is here, he won’t fit.
Fair enough. I think I will be the first to admit I watch zero minutes of Kimmich (as a CM. RB yes) but big him up based on his reputation. So would you say Goretzka next to Casemiro would work?

redshaw

Probably lost his foot in a boating accident during the summer break. Don't fall for it.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Fair enough. I think I will be the first to admit I watch zero minutes of Kimmich (as a CM. RB yes) but big him up based on his reputation. So would you say Goretzka next to Casemiro would work?
It could work. Goretzka in a midfield three with Casemiro and someone like Bruno could work quite well. But Goretzka would have to regain some confidence and form.