Leon Goretzka

Strelok

I believe Bayern would let him go than give into his demands. If they give in, Kimmich(2023) is next.
However, I don't believe Bayern will negotiate for his sale this summer. They let Thiago, Kroos go because they felt they had replacements in the squad. They don't now and I think they will make a sporting decsison to let him see out his contract.
Agreed.

They got him on a free anyway.

Rojofiam

I like that we're acting smart on the market and looking at the right players, but if he leaves I can already see him in a Real kit.

Robertd0803

Only way this happens is next summer on a free. And even then cant see that happening.

ThemanGiggsy

Sign Goretzka & Ndidi then i'd be more than happy to see us line up in a 4-3-3 formation... Henderson... Wan-Bissaka... Varane... Maguire... Shaw... Goretzka... Ndidi... Bruno... Sancho... Cavani... Rashford.
has anyone seen a quoted price for Ndidi? would think it would be pretty massive.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He'd be a much better option than Pogba for us as he actually turns up most weeks which always helps. I think he will get a new deal at Bayern though.

Good that we are trying though. If he's curious about a new challenge we need to be all over it.

Danillaco

Sign Goretzka & Ndidi then i'd be more than happy to see us line up in a 4-3-3 formation... Henderson... Wan-Bissaka... Varane... Maguire... Shaw... Goretzka... Ndidi... Bruno... Sancho... Cavani... Rashford.
That would never happen. But we would be instantly title contenders in PL and CL.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Do we think Bayern would sell this summer if he refuses a new deal? They were linked with Saul.
I'm pretty sure they would sell if he tells them he isn't signing a new contract and they get a decent offer. Similar situation to Pogba.

SATA

Hopefully his head is turned with our contract offer on the table. He has no affinity with Bayern other than being German, has he not? Pogba is likely gone and he could be the ideal replacement. Perfect build for the PL too

sp_107

One of Goretzka / Saul / Aouar
One of Carmavinga / Bissouma / Touchameni / Brozovic are realistic targets ===with 70M we can get 2 midfield pllayers and Pogba's money can balance the books.

thundercats

One of Goretzka / Saul / Aouar
One of Carmavinga / Bissouma / Touchameni / Brozovic are realistic targets ===with 70M we can get 2 midfield pllayers and Pogba's money can balance the books.
I’m not up to pace with current talents bar Goretzka, I basically don’t know any of the players you mentioned.I presume they’re all young and of the same type?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I don't believe Goretzka is seriously considering a move away from Bayern. He's playing in his homeland, for his country's biggest club and is competing for Europe's biggest honours every year.

However, United's reported interest in him is interesting. The midfielders we are chasing make it seem like Ole is after a throwback, Keane & Ince type pairing. A lot of all rounders have been mentioned, Goretzka being the best probably. Rice is probably the only out and out defensive midfielder we have been seriously linked to.

I thought we'd be looking for a Xabi Alonso, Sami Khedira type pairing. One deep lying playmaker, one midfield runner to cover and clean up after him.

Scholsey2004

Im not convinced hes the type of midfielder we need. Id rather we signed someone with a better range of passing. He seems very like Saul to me.

Eddy_JukeZ

Im not convinced hes the type of midfielder we need. Id rather we signed someone with a better range of passing. He seems very like Saul to me.
He'd be an excellent signing.

Ticks all of the boxes and tailor-made for our style of football.

Scholsey2004

Who are currently the top names for the position of deep lying playmaker?
Of the midfielders we've been linked with, IMO:
Goretzka and Saul arent that type, theyre high intensity box to box pressers, not DLP's. Camavinga is another box to box player i think really, not a holding player as such, a bit like Edgar Davids. He likes to dribble and push the team up the pitch, not really the kind who stays put and sprays the ball around. He can tackle mind but i dont think hes the kind who youd get the most out of as a positionally disciplined DLP. Rice is a pure DM, not much passing range. Neves would be a good DLP, excellent passing range although hes sometimes accused of being a bit slow over the ground. I think Neves would be the most logical candidate if we wanted a Carrick type. Brozovic is a very good passer from what ive seen, i think hes more of a playmaking 8 though, not especially defensive.

In terms of the strength of rumours i think Goretzka and Camavinga seem the most genuine links so Ole might not actually be looking for a Carrick type DLP. We do seem to prioritise energy over passing in the midfield nowadays. Personally id like us to go after Neves but those links sound quite vague and speculative. I wouldnt be surprised if the links to Rice had a bit of truth in them but hes overpriced and quite one-dimensional IMO. The Brozovic link sounded like almost certain speculation and i think the Saul links are probably recycled news from a couple of years ago.

I cant think of any other midfielders ive seem us linked with.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Goretzka's package is all around great. Good age, lots of experience, highly motivated, strong body, just 1 year left on the contract. I rate him very highly in the correct setup, as he already showed he can be partnered up very well with someone like Kimmich and both these playertypes profit from each other, making them stronger together than just their sum.
Yet, I don't think he really is a player for an international elite club. He fits Bayern perfectly and he should reconsider his position when it comes to the biggest contract of his carreer. He definitely deservers proper wages and as far as I know Bayern are offering good money, no peanuts at all. The fact that he demands even more, shows where he thinks he stands - with the top earners in a top 5 club. He should think about what he got at Bayern, it's just the best fit for him and he can be happy to actually succeed there. He could be very surprised when he joins another club and finds out that the all around culture from clubs can be very different to a club like Bayern, where players get absolutely pampered. For these reasons I expect him to renew his contract, as Bayern should also know what a great fit Goretzka is and what terrible message it would send out to lose a strong german national player in his prime. It's a very dangerous situation for them: if they lose him now or on a free, it's the third international/world class player in a very short time (Thiago, Alaba) and if they offer him too much, players like Kimmich will start to demand more money and rightfully so. They need to find hte perfect sum, otherwise they're kind of fecked. Fortunately, Salihamidzic seems to be an idiot, so chances are Bayern are actually on the brink of a negative trend which could even affect the league.

Scholsey2004

He'd be an excellent signing.

Ticks all of the boxes and tailor-made for our style of football.
I dont disagree with that statement, id just prefer we brought in an actual Carrick style DLP who'd hold position, put in tackles and spray the ball around. We dont have anyone like that right now.

Eddy_JukeZ

I dont disagree with that statement, id just prefer we brought in an actual Carrick style DLP who'd hold position, put in tackles and spray the ball around. We dont have anyone like that right now.
We can get both midfielders in if Pogba was to be sold

Scholsey2004

We can get both midfielders in if Pogba was to be sold
I'd be surprised if we brought in two first team midfielders in one window though. Firstly we dont operate very quickly in the market and we've got other priorities (Varane) and secondly succcessfully integrating two players in the middle of the park would be difficult and might send a negative message to the current encumbents. On top of that although we're on a bit of a splurge its hard to imagine funds being endless right now

red thru&thru

I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about Goretzka. However, just his experience and his intensity of play would bring so much to the club.

Do I think it will happen? Not really. Varane seems like he wants a new challenge, Goretzka wants a new financial package.

Faizu55

I think we should try swapping pogba for him. I mean, pogba from the look of things ain't gonna sign a new contract with United.If that's the case,i think pogba won't mind playing for Bayern and we can convince Leon to take a new challenge and join United for a couple of boxes because he had already won everything there is to win at Bayern.

Gordon S

Of the midfielders we've been linked with, IMO:
Goretzka and Saul arent that type, theyre high intensity box to box pressers, not DLP's. Camavinga is another box to box player i think really, not a holding player as such, a bit like Edgar Davids. He likes to dribble and push the team up the pitch, not really the kind who stays put and sprays the ball around. He can tackle mind but i dont think hes the kind who youd get the most out of as a positionally disciplined DLP. Rice is a pure DM, not much passing range. Neves would be a good DLP, excellent passing range although hes sometimes accused of being a bit slow over the ground. I think Neves would be the most logical candidate if we wanted a Carrick type. Brozovic is a very good passer from what ive seen, i think hes more of a playmaking 8 though, not especially defensive.

In terms of the strength of rumours i think Goretzka and Camavinga seem the most genuine links so Ole might not actually be looking for a Carrick type DLP. We do seem to prioritise energy over passing in the midfield nowadays. Personally id like us to go after Neves but those links sound quite vague and speculative. I wouldnt be surprised if the links to Rice had a bit of truth in them but hes overpriced and quite one-dimensional IMO. The Brozovic link sounded like almost certain speculation and i think the Saul links are probably recycled news from a couple of years ago.

I cant think of any other midfielders ive seem us linked with.
One player that has potential to become a good dlp is Koopmeiner. Have not seen any links to him so far though

red thru&thru

I think we should try swapping pogba for him. I mean, pogba from the look of things ain't gonna sign a new contract with United.If that's the case,i think pogba won't mind playing for Bayern and we can convince Leon to take a new challenge and join United for a couple of boxes because he had already won everything there is to win at Bayern.
Goretzka looking to potentially leave because he's not getting the wages he wants, what makes you think Bayern will pay Pogba what he wants?

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Bayern never swap players and they wouldn't want a player like Pogba. Also, isn't he on like 18 million euros per year? Why would Bayern spend so much money on a player with that attitude? Never gonna happen.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Goretzka's package is all around great. Good age, lots of experience, highly motivated, strong body, just 1 year left on the contract. I rate him very highly in the correct setup, as he already showed he can be partnered up very well with someone like Kimmich and both these playertypes profit from each other, making them stronger together than just their sum.
Yet, I don't think he really is a player for an international elite club. He fits Bayern perfectly and he should reconsider his position when it comes to the biggest contract of his carreer. He definitely deservers proper wages and as far as I know Bayern are offering good money, no peanuts at all. The fact that he demands even more, shows where he thinks he stands - with the top earners in a top 5 club. He should think about what he got at Bayern, it's just the best fit for him and he can be happy to actually succeed there. He could be very surprised when he joins another club and finds out that the all around culture from clubs can be very different to a club like Bayern, where players get absolutely pampered. For these reasons I expect him to renew his contract, as Bayern should also know what a great fit Goretzka is and what terrible message it would send out to lose a strong german national player in his prime. It's a very dangerous situation for them: if they lose him now or on a free, it's the third international/world class player in a very short time (Thiago, Alaba) and if they offer him too much, players like Kimmich will start to demand more money and rightfully so. They need to find hte perfect sum, otherwise they're kind of fecked. Fortunately, Salihamidzic seems to be an idiot, so chances are Bayern are actually on the brink of a negative trend which could even affect the league.
This sounds like Bayern's HR talk. He deserves as top earners. He's the best central midfielder in the world, imho.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
This sounds like Bayern's HR talk. He deserves as top earners. He's the best central midfielder in the world, imho.
I followed him for quite some time now and that’s my opinion. Obviously not Bayern HR talk, I really am no fan of this club..yet I know their hierarchy. They can’t afford someone like him earning as much as Lewandowski and Neuer. He’s not important enough to them, same case with Alaba - you know the outcome, right? At Bayern, only irreplaceable players earn the most. Neuer is arguably the best keeper of all time, at least obvious top 3, while Lewandowski just smashed the goal record that lasted decades and is most likely a top 3 #9 in recent times. They don’t deem Goretzka to be in that category and I understand that. Watch him leave Bayern and be pretty good but not a generational world class player like the two above.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I followed him for quite some time now and that’s my opinion. Obviously not Bayern HR talk, I really am no fan of this club..yet I know their hierarchy. They can’t afford someone like him earning as much as Lewandowski and Neuer. He’s not important enough to them, same case with Alaba - you know the outcome, right? At Bayern, only irreplaceable players earn the most. Neuer is arguably the best keeper of all time, at least obvious top 3, while Lewandowski just smashed the goal record that lasted decades and is most likely a top 3 #9 in recent times. They don’t deem Goretzka to be in that category and I understand that. Watch him leave Bayern and be pretty good but not a generational world class player like the two above.
Sorry do you mean is top 3 of all time for Bayern or top 3 in general? The latter would be crackers.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
:lol: