Leon Goretzka

Threesus

If we are getting the 19-20 version, I will be up for it. But then Bayern wouldn’t be selling him, so….

Oranges038

Well no thats not what that says
Well, if he's not getting a lot of mins for Bayern, then I think it's pretty obvious he's not good enough.

And if he's not good enough for them, as we saw with Sabitzer, he ain't good enough for Utd. And if it's because of injuries, then he definitely isn't.

Son

I would save the money and sell some players to try and twist Barcelona’s arm for Frenkie now UEFA have destroyed their plans of levers to ease debt.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Some of your fellow Bayern fans cant wait to get rid of him it seems.
Oh, don’t get me wrong. Due to his injury history and his bad fit with the setup I‘d also be in favor of selling.

redcucumber

A fit and motivated Leon Goretzka will start for us alongside Casemiro imo. I'd take him for a reasonable fee.
Who would he start over? Bruno is likely the new captain and Mount was just signed for big money.

redcucumber

So you don’t think we should buy another midfielder?
I do - that wasn't the point I was making. Regardless, it'd make more sense to sign a younger player like Lavia in my opinion. Buying another midfielder on sky high wages in bad form and a patchy injury record sounds like the United of old. I'll be very surprised if he joins.

Kostov

Who would he start over? Bruno is likely the new captain and Mount was just signed for big money.
That could mean very little very soon. I do think that Goretzka is a better player than Mount personally, and could add steel that someone like Mount wouldn't.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Never really got the hype. Hope Bayern keeps him

Wrecking ralf

Maybe I've missed that part about his injuries. Is he that injury prone?
According to Tranfermarkt.com. Missed 5 games in 22/23. Missed 16 the year before due to hip problems. But they didn’t seem to flare up again last year. Not saying they won’t again. Nothing else major is mentioned though.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He doesn't fit what we need

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

I share the sentiments of these tweets
Don't agree with that. I don't remember Bayern playing a midfield 3 of Goretzka - Thiago/Martinez - Kimmich often as Muller has been playing as the CAM/SS regularly since 19/20, which is not very different defensively to Musiala playing there now.

It might be more him not being in favour with Nagelsmann since Nagelsmann tried with Musiala as a CM sometimes with Kimmich - Muller this season, rather than as the CAM as the tweet is suggesting, and maybe had other ideas of how the number 8 should play in the line-up.

SAFMUTD

How often do you watch him? I’m sure like Goretzka they are willing to sell for a reason.
I was talking about Kimmich, I dont watch Bundesliga regularly. Maybe 5-10 games per season tops. But Kimmich has always looked as class to me, he's calm, can play in various positions and got great technique.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How often do you watch him? I’m sure like Goretzka they are willing to sell for a reason.
Hes currently refusing to extend his contract. He has reservations about the direction of the club.