Leroy Sane watch | Feb 2020: Returning to fitness with City's U23s

Classical Mechanic

He was still the most dangerous player for city. Jesus de bruyne silva were absolutely shit
He wasn't dangerous one bit, he created 0 key passes in the whole game, Silva created 6. Sane's game consisted of him either getting tackled by TAA, (dispossessed 5 times and has 4 unsuccessful touches) or failing to get past him and then dribbling back out and passing it into midfield. OK he did get past his man a few times and put in poor balls but Sterling had the same number of successful dribbles in 1/3 of the games time!

LuenerLinguist

I think he tried, at least and worked harder then most of his teammates. Scored or assisted a goal that would have probably count with VAR.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That tweet is so bad. Sometimes players have bad games, sometimes great players have really bad games and young players are more likely to have these types of games.

izec

City were clueless and gave the ball to him all the time to create something out of nothing. He didnt have a good day but Liverpool also managed to stop him quite easily. Instead of finding a different solution, they hoped on Sane. He created the one goal for Jesus which was given offside. It can happen for a young player, questions ssould be asked about Pep's and City's approach and their lack of changing things when going down rather than a players bad game once in a while.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
City were clueless and gave the ball to him all the time to create something out of nothing. He didnt have a good day but Liverpool also managed to stop him quite easily. Instead of finding a different solution, they hoped on Sane. He created the one goal for Jesus which was given offside. It can happen for a young player, questions ssould be asked about Pep's and City's approach and their lack of changing things when going down rather than a players bad game once in a while.
Exactly. It was all down to Pep's shit system. He played with 4 CMs and 3 CBs yesterday, a completely nonsense.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
What a load of rubbish! The whole City team were piss poor. Sanè also had to pair with Laporte who isn't clearly a LB. Blame Pep for a shit line-up that didn't allow Sané to play well, not him.
That tweet is so bad. Sometimes players have bad games, sometimes great players have really bad games and young players are more likely to have these types of games.
FFS :lol:

Of course it's a silly bloody tweet. They guy who posted it knows it, and i know it. He's obviously looking to boil some piss. Christ, they've had smoked blown up their arses all season and this guy has been treated like he can walk on water. It's obviously bloody daft he's just having some fun. Sane has been great this season.

Christ, everything is so serious when it comes to being a fan sometimes. Everyone has to be so bloody objective and proper, god forbid there's a little tribalism involved.

Christ, lighten up.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused

Of course it's a silly bloody tweet. They guy who posted it knows it, and i know it. He's obviously looking to boil some piss. Christ, they've had smoked blown up their arses all season and this guy has been treated like he can walk on water. It's obviously bloody daft he's just having some fun. Sane has been great this season.

Christ, everything is so serious when it comes to being a fan sometimes. Everyone has to be so bloody objective and proper, god forbid there's a little tribalism involved.

Christ, lighten up.
Calm down mate.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The contrast between Saturday & last night. Blimey.

He was so bad I think he actually deserves credit for keeping on trying & not hiding - Gabriel Jesus could have stayed hiding in the toilets for all his usefulness & will to win that was on display.
I was completely bamboozled that Jesus stayed on the whole game. In fact, Guardiola's effort to change the game was shocking. Could he not have moved Sterling to the middle, and bring on B.Silva to play out wide for Jesus?

JPRouve

Scout

Christ, lighten up.
It's not about being objective and proper, in this case it's more about being funny, there is zero comedy value in that tweet, he added nothing. So we are left with the objective content and it's plain.

Sorry.:)

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It's not about being objective and proper, in this case it's more about being funny, there is zero comedy value in that tweet, he added nothing. So we are left with the objective content and it's plain.

Sorry.:)

I don't think it was meant to be a knee slapper by any means. More an opposition fan revelling in the fact that City just got stuffed and their star player had an awful game. That's all. Nothing more.

It's alright though mate. Just take consolation in the fact that your man Sane has had a fabulous season ;)

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
I don't think it was meant to be a knee slapper by any means. More an opposition fan revelling in the fact that City just got stuffed and their star player and an awful game. That's all. Nothing more.

It's alright though mate. Just take consolation in the fact that your man Sane has had a fabulous season ;)
I don't really care about Sané and his season, in fact the reason I generally don't talk about City is because I hate watching them and their ugly kits, I don't want to hear about them positively or negatively. That being said, the tweet was a bit useless if it wasn't to be funny.

PS: If it's yours, I apologize and it was great.:angel:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He wasn't even particularly terrible. Never stopped looking for the ball and generally retained possession when he got it. God knows Martial has been far more anonymous/wasteful in multiple games for us this season and that hasn't stopped his fan club bigging him up as the most talented player at our club.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I don't really care about Sané and his season, in fact the reason I generally don't talk about City is because I hate watching them and their ugly kits, I don't want to hear about them positively or negatively. That being said, the tweet was a bit useless if it wasn't to be funny.

PS: If it's yours, I apologize and it was great.:angel:
Again, it wasn't meant to be particularly funny, more of a "fishing" type of tweet to boil a little piss. I certainly don't think it needs to be treated as seriously as it appears to be by here...

And no it's not mine. Not on twitter. If it was mine it would obviously be VERY funny. :)

Irrational.

Pep went for the Jose tactic of attacking Liverpool and overloading down the left and trying to bully Lovren/ TAA, only this time Liverpool were wise to it and Sane could not manage Rashford's level of performance.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He wasn't even particularly terrible. Never stopped looking for the ball and generally retained possession when he got it. God knows Martial has been far more anonymous/wasteful in multiple games for us this season and that hasn't stopped his fan club bigging him up as the most talented player at our club.
They certainly tried to force it down there that's for sure. I think 90% of their attacks ended up down his side. As for Martial, it was only yesterday that i was saying that i wish he was more like Sane in terms of running in behind; Sane is great at that. He certainly has the quality to do it, which leads me to believe that it's an attitude problem. His off the ball movement is terrible at times.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
They certainly tried to force it down there that's for sure. I think 90% of their attacks ended up down his side. As for Martial, it was only yesterday that i was saying that i wish he was more like Sane in terms of running in behind; Sane is great at that. He certainly has the quality to do it, which leads me to believe that it's an attitude problem. His off the ball movement is terrible at times.
Blaming it on his attitude is harsh. Off the ball movement is a skill like any other. Hopefully he can learn it. It's a massive flaw in his game right now.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Blaming it on his attitude is harsh. Off the ball movement is a skill like any other. Hopefully he can learn it. It's a massive flaw in his game right now.
I think he has the skill to do it because he's done it many times before; he's just wildly inconsistent. He's certainly capable of doing it, that's why i pointed more towards the attitude as opposed to him lacking the skill to do it.

Bobski

I was surprised how rarely he looked to take on Arnold yesterday. City kept looking for him, gave him multiple opportunities to get at him quickly but Sane came inside constantly.

AA was out to him quickly but Sane was too passive against a kid full back.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Phenomenal young player. Everyone's being harsh on him. Once we found out Sterling was not playing we lop sided TAA's side of the pitch so we ALWAYS had Milner, Ox and then later Wijnaldum doubling up without too much fear of what they could create from the right.

Sane would have had more space had Bernardo or Sterling started the game. By the time Sterling came on Sane's confidence was already shot.

Canagel

Sane is a young talent who has big potential but right now he is overrated by fans and the media. He is still learning the game and has a long way to go before we can compare him to Giggs or people like that.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
He wasn't even that bad.

De Bruyne, Silva, Kompany and Walker should be held most accountable out of the players imo.

Bobski

2 big games this week and he has played incredibly safe in both of them. Unwilling to take his full back on, constantly coming inside and back. Is that the Pep influence, prioritizing possession, or did he just not have the mental toughness? Can't imagine a 21yo Giggs being that passive.

To be fair playing without a CF did not exactly give him early options.

GeorgieBoy

Went missing again in a big game. Serves him right for his shithouse tackle on the GOAT Messi Lingard in the first half.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
And yet took a perfect corner and served Agüero on a plate.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
His picture should appear if you Google ‘offside’.

Rossa

Very good, but yeah he is not Giggs.
No, he's a different type of player. Giggs was more explosive, much faster off the mark and a better dribbler from a standstill and at speed. Additionally, I would say Giggs was better at finding room for a cross, so that he wouldn't necessarily have to go past the player every time. Sane is more of a goal threat though and makes those threatening runs in behind. Lately, he seems to be in a perpetual state of offside.