Leroy Sane watch | Feb 2020: Returning to fitness with City's U23s

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
In hindsight this looks really bad from Bayern but the Coman and Costa dynamic made them take the gamble. In this market a player of his talent is worth 60-80m
I would say at least 100m. He would cost as much at Dembele, at least.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Plus you also have to have proper room for them that is why he is at City. A season ago a Sane didnt have a potential starting slot at a Bayern so the expense made no sense. Even Bailey might not this summer upon Gnabry's return. Even PEA for that matter has never had one in spite of matching Lewa pound for pound
You might be right, but I will say this: Bad enough we let Sané go elsewhere because we thought 'we have Coman', but if we pass on Bailey because of Gnabry people need to get fired. Gnabry is mid-table BuLi level at best, not more. (That's not saying we need to get Bailey, but you know..)

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
You might be right, but I will say this: Bad enough we let Sané go elsewhere because we thought 'we have Coman', but if we pass on Bailey because of Gnabry people need to get fired. Gnabry is mid-table BuLi level at best, not more. (That's not saying we need to get Bailey, but you know..)
I feel its a straight fight between Bailey and Brandt for bayern to pounce. I can't see both being got since neither would like being cover. Which a Gnabry wont mind.

gajender

Question for German posters and regular Bundesliga followers , how good is Leon Bailey what's his playing style and ceiling talent wise, how well he compares to Sane can he operate on the right effectively.

Nickosaur

Ankle ligament injury. Time out not said.
Feel for the lad. Was really getting back into some excellent form, has had a fantastic season overall.

I know the Bennett lad has apologised and all that, but I think for a tackle as bad as his, there should be some retrospective action.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Dont believe it after Jesus came back so early, i know its a bit cnutish of me but i think they will have him back in 2 weeks maximum and this is just posturing to make referees protect their players and give them soft decisions.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Feel for the lad. Was really getting back into some excellent form, has had a fantastic season overall.

I know the Bennett lad has apologised and all that, but I think for a tackle as bad as his, there should be some retrospective action.
The apology seems hollow when he tried the same thing on Brahim Diaz who had only just got on the pitch.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
How long do these types of injuries usually take to heal?

cyberman

He'll be back in 2 weeks.
City are the anti Wenger in terms of injury assessments.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Think he is a fantastic player.

I have no feelings towards him getting injured though. Just part of football really. At least city won’t have one of their best players available for a while.

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
It's a bit sad that the injury was completely one man's fault and could have ended his season.

But good for us. They will miss him indeed. One way of catching them I guess.

KYcinco

It's a bit sad that the injury was completely one man's fault and could have ended his season.

But good for us. They will miss him indeed. One way of catching them I guess.
:lol:
Its over.

Back to Sane, great to watch,hopefully he will be back n fit in time for the WC

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I can remember at least 3 fouls that should 100% be upgraded to red cards and further suspension (the other two being Kane and Alli against City).
Why do these organisations (PLA, FA, the leagues, etc) not agree on rules that allow yellows to be reviewed and retroactively deemed red card offenses?

Ainu

I don't have any sympathy for City as injuries are part of the game but I do feel sorry for the player. It was a sickening challenge, as bad as any I've seen. I'd be fuming if that was on one of our players. The fact that Sane might have a semi-serious injury and I still consider him lucky to escape with "just" that says it all. I'm really in favour of throwing the book at such tackles. Don't care a yellow was given, ban him for 10 matches or they'll never learn.

bebeanderson

I can remember at least 3 fouls that should 100% be upgraded to red cards and further suspension (the other two being Kane and Alli against City).
Why do these organisations (PLA, FA, the leagues, etc) not agree on rules that allow yellows to be reviewed and retroactively deemed red card offenses?
Diving is more serious than almost rupturing a fibula. Yellow card should stand, Sané needs to toughen up

Jacko21

When managers say their players should be 'protected', what does that really mean? It's basically asking for preferential treatment.

A referee can only act retrospectively, by which time the damage is done.

Besides, Pep might not have enjoyed quite so much success had he not spent years instructing his players to fell the opposition when they're countering. :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's either ankle ligaments or it isn't.
And if it is, you don't come back in 2 weeks!

If he's turned his ankle maybe a week or 2, but a proper ligament injury will surely be 4-6 weeks min.