Leroy Sane watch | Feb 2020: Returning to fitness with City's U23s

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's basically a hybrid of Giggs, Bale and has the trajectory of potentially a playmaking/football brain of a Figo.
Can't say I've noticed all that much playmaking. However I didn't see peak Figo that much so I'm not sure what you're implying. I mean, Giggs also had a good football brain so Sane could have that, but he doesn't strike me as much of a playmaker.

ti vu

They tried but didn‘t want to pay what Schalke asked for. Stupid, stupid decision.
At the time they inquired for Sane, they had Douglas Costa and Coman both enjoying very good season. Robery can play at high level so they didn't need Sane that much as what happened later with hindsight.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
He gets a lot of love from the fans.
Last night Aguero (another fan favourite) completed a hat trick but it was Sane whose name was sung immediately post the third goal after Leroy's mazy run.
With a couple of years extra maturity and consistency added this will be an elite player IMO.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Not to sure about that one.
@amolbhatia50k

He plays as a playmaker for Germany, driftin across the field and linking up play and has the ability to play killer passes whilst dribbling at fast speed. Not quite perfect at this but definitely better than Giggs and Bale at short passing, ball retention. He's good at the tiki taka stuff whereas they were not. Giggs became better at it once he lost his pace and became more of a mid whereas Sane can do it now at a young age. As long as he stays injury free he will be better than either IMO.

As for Dembele - if he can sort out his hamstrings he is on another level entirely in terms of ceiling. He can be best player in the world whereas Sane will be looking to hit Robben/Figo levels and be more of a creative force than a 30 goals a season wide forward.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
When everybody was busy getting carried away with Jesus last year I was convinced it was Sane who was the most talented. I still believe it, I think he has the highest ceiling of our youngsters - he won’t ever be a Messi or Ronaldo, but he could well become a De Bruyne level player in his position.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
When everybody was busy getting carried away with Jesus last year I was convinced it was Sane who was the most talented. I still believe it, I think he has the highest ceiling of our youngsters - he won’t ever be a Messi or Ronaldo, but he could well become a De Bruyne level player in his position.
The most explosive player in football atm.
The way he burns defenders in little space is incredible.

Classical Mechanic

The most explosive player in football atm.
The way he burns defenders in little space is incredible.
Think Dembele is more explosive tbh. Don't think I've ever seen a player as fast as him off the mark. Although maybe I have that in my head because of the way he ditched Kyle Walker. Walker has to turn before he starts to sprint in fairness.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
They’re both very talented, could go either way who knuckles down the most to realise their potential.

devil in me

Same here. If I was given a choice between the 2, I would take Sane. Think he is fantastic. Reminds me of a 06/07 Ronaldo, in terms of his pace, power and trickery.

Precaution

Think Dembele is more explosive tbh. Don't think I've ever seen a player as fast as him off the mark. Although maybe I have that in my head because of the way he ditched Kyle Walker. Walker has to turn before he starts to sprint in fairness.

Walker seems to easily catch up with him there despite having to turn around not to mention the awful pass.

Righteous Steps

@amolbhatia50k

He plays as a playmaker for Germany, driftin across the field and linking up play and has the ability to play killer passes whilst dribbling at fast speed. Not quite perfect at this but definitely better than Giggs and Bale at short passing, ball retention. He's good at the tiki taka stuff whereas they were not. Giggs became better at it once he lost his pace and became more of a mid whereas Sane can do it now at a young age. As long as he stays injury free he will be better than either IMO.

As for Dembele - if he can sort out his hamstrings he is on another level entirely in terms of ceiling. He can be best player in the world whereas Sane will be looking to hit Robben/Figo levels and be more of a creative force than a 30 goals a season wide forward.
Raheem Sterling is a better playmaker than him, Xavi attested to this in his interview the other day as well.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Raheem Sterling is a better playmaker than him, Xavi attested to this in his interview the other day as well.
Yes at this moment in time. I didn't say he'll become best playmaker as he is predominantly an out and out winger. Whereas Raheem at his best is not an out and out winger at all but more an wide playmaker who scores goals.. Bit like a Mata with loads of pace is what you would expect from him tactically. You would not wantSterling taking players on the outside time and time again.

Figo was more winger than playmaker but he could combine both and I see Sane more like that if he evolves on the right path and stays under Pep as a coach. He is more of a passer than a Robben, Giggs and Bale yet has the close control, pace and directness to match them too. Also feels very natural holding the width too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's always been clear IMO. Jesus is a final third expert. He can turn out to be a superb footballer in due course. But Sane has that elite ability that really sets footballers apart. He's among the top 5-10 talents in the game right now.

perspective

Supports
Bayern München
Why spend all that money on one player when you’ve got the German league completely cornered? you can just take who you want from any team in your division.
if that were true we wouldn´t have this thread. We lost Sane and de Bruyne to the PL and if a PL team is going for Bailley in the summer it´s likely to happen again.

RooneyLegend

@amolbhatia50k

Completely disagree with him being more of a passer than Giggs was in the past. His passing is generally erratic when he's played in that role for Germany where as Giggs found it really is to drift inside when he was younger. His combination play with Cantona even when he was very young was great.

Rossa

TBF to Walker, as always, Walker manages to close the gap - the guy has a serious top speed.

I think Sane is overrated in terms of speed. He was outpaced by Valencia last year, outpaced by TFM this year. His run against Bellerin shows little as Bellerin had to turn and then ran on the wrong side of him. Walker also said that he would beat both Sterling and Sane in a footrace. I believe him.

He's obviously a talented player though.

Rossa

@amolbhatia50k

Serious hard on for Sane I see? No way is he as talented as a young Giggs was. Injuries, a little bit of luck and many other variables will determine if he reaches Giggs' levels.

BlueSingh

Supports
Manchester City
Rumored to have agreed to a contract extension along with Raheem and Kevin.

TBF to Walker, as always, Walker manages to close the gap - the guy has a serious top speed.

I think Sane is overrated in terms of speed. He was outpaced by Valencia last year, outpaced by TFM this year. His run against Bellerin shows little as Bellerin had to turn and then ran on the wrong side of him. Walker also said that he would beat both Sterling and Sane in a footrace. I believe him.

He's obviously a talented player though.
He's the fastest player in the league though, plus I think he's the fastest with ball at his feet which is even better. Few occasions of getting outpaced by someone means very little, could be due to multiple reasons honestly.

3KDré

Very like Giggsy yesterday Chief, I think he’s a level up over Martial and I rate Martial highly. Great signing by City like KDB and their GK among the top best young players in the world.
I think if Martial was under Pep you'd be saying the same thing about him. Once Pep eventually leaves I can see Sané not being as good as it currently looks like he can be.

jungledrums

I think if Martial was under Pep you'd be saying the same thing about him. Once Pep eventually leaves I can see Sané not being as good as it currently looks like he can be.
Yeah, I think the same. Martial has been just as productive this season given the minutes played. I know stats don't tell the full story, but I think Martial has every bit as much talent/potential as Sane, if not more. Needless to say, both are superb.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Serious hard on for Sane I see? No way is he as talented as a young Giggs was. Injuries, a little bit of luck and many other variables will determine if he reaches Giggs' levels.
Giggs talent wise was ahead of Sane, he was more exciting, more agile and more explosive. However he never quite mastered his talents imo to become that star of the side and was quite erratic at his physical peak in terms of decision making. Equally capable of losing the ball to tearing a top side singlehandedly. Sane for me is less likely to lose the ball and under a coach like Pep is unlikely to become a winger who loses the ball an awful lot.

Gbenger

Exactly. These days I don't see people talking about Douglas Costa or Kingsley Conman. They were supposed to be better than Martial. :lol: