Leroy Sane

kidbob

Obviously very talented but if Bayern are willingly selling then I don't think I'd like us to buy him. It suggests that there's either injury concerns or just concerns about how his career is panning out. Would much rather wait for someone like Anthony who still has a lot to prove in his career. Don't want another Sanchez situation. Midfield and striker are also of much bigger concern. Might be happy with the transfer if it was in addition to Sesko and FdJ.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
He might be up for it to spite Pep. They didn’t have the best relationship.
yeah. the best we can hope for is a woman scorned typed relationship whereby we’re only getting laid because they’re trying to get a reaction from their ex. i can just imagine sane open mouth kissing ten hag whilst staring over his shoulder at pep.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
It’s nailed on now :lol:
Yea but that would involve having an inverted wing back of sort, otherwise having two attacking players on the wings doesn't work these days. Even at City he played a lot with Delph as the LB.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Yea but that would involve having an inverted wing back of sort, otherwise having two attacking players on the wings doesn't work these days. Even at City he played a lot with Delph as the LB.
Well everything Delph can do, Shaw can do quite a bit better

Vapor trail

Would take him not sure on reliability of journos but left footed winger who can play right or left. Premier League experience is a plus. The squad is in dire need of attacking additions.

GlasgowCeltic

man was absolute dynamite hugging the left touchline at City, would be the best player at the club in that form

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
--------------------Martial
Sane------------Eriksen--------Sancho
----------------Fred---De Jong
Malacia--Martinez--Varane--RB who isn't shit

There's a muppet/10 chance of it ever happening, but that lineup would be capable of some absolutely filthy football.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Delph is a more of a central midfielder so he was confident playing centrally. Not sure if Shaw can play like that.
Ah right, gotcha now. It seems ETH like his fullbacks to be quite tucked in from time to time, so maybe our natural setup would enable this

V.O.

Delph is a more of a central midfielder so he was confident playing centrally. Not sure if Shaw can play like that.
We've already started to play our fullbacks like that. Malacia especially has been tucked in centrally most of the time. Shaw's qualities as a player are more suited to that than most fullbacks as well.

CM

I'd take him if he was open to the move but it sounds made up

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
No idea where this talk about Sané being available comes from. In Germany no news at all about a possible transfer of Sané.

Also Oliver Kahn just said yesterday that Bayern's transfer activities are more or less done for this window.

Chief123

Always thought he was a bit overrated to be honest :nervous:
It depends which period you assess him on. There was one season at city where he was unplayable and up there with the worlds best wingers. He’s not reached those heights again yet though. It seems to be mental application with him. Similar to Martial. Talent is undoubted.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
No idea where this talk about Sané being available comes from. In Germany no news at all about a possible transfer of Sané.

Also Oliver Kahn just said yesterday that Bayern's transfer activities are more or less done for this window.
We all know you're still going to sign Ronaldo, so that was obviously nonsense

Chief123

Let the muppets dream. Why let the truth come in the way of a good rumour?

TsuWave

he's an absolute baller. would love this to be honest

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
The last thread I started was about the Cafs opinion on Rangnick as interim when we were linked before he signed. So you can rest assured that Sane will happen and then be totally shit

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Seems like a pipe dream but would absolutely LOVE him at UTD.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
We all know you're still going to sign Ronaldo, so that was obviously nonsense
Haven't Dortmund announced they are still in market for an attacker? Would be a great signing.
Bayern? Not so much or do you want us to score even more goals than against Leipzig and Frankfurt?

Let the muppets dream. Why let the truth come in the way of a good rumour?
Oh if United is willing to fork out 60+m Euro for Sané I would be more than happy for you guys to sign him.
It's just I haven't seen any reports in German papers other than the mirror in the UK.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Arguably one of the best wingers in the world, not even hyperbole. If there's even a slight chance then we must go for it.
Best winger in world but 4th choice at Bayern?

He's a decent player mate but he's not one of the best in the world. City sold him and Bayern clearly don't think he's amazing if he's 4th choice.

Touch a Pogba syndrome perhaps? Loads of talent but not got the drive and attitude? Could well be the case with him.

I'd definitely take him though. Miles better than what we have.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Narrative - you say City sold him, most say Bayern bought him. I don't think that's fair after 1 game.
Just going off what the press were saying. If Gnabry, Musliera and Mane are all ahead of him.

Don't think he'd come to us anyway. He's got a great big tattoo of the Etihad on his back too. No way he would join us.

V.O.

Just going off what the press were saying. If Gnabry, Musliera and Mane are all ahead of him.

Don't think he'd come to us anyway. He's got a great big tattoo of the Etihad on his back too. No way he would join us.
Everyone's favourite German-Uruguayan attacking-midfield goalkeeper. :drool:

Loony BoB

You'd have to consider whether our own standards are in place if we're signing players who have City tattooed onto their back. It just seems wrong. I mean, he's a good player and would improve us, no doubt. But it feels kind of... gross to have a City tattooed player.

Lee565

This screams of signing yet another player with the wrong profile and would just be a winger version of pogba

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
A thread based on some random twitter ass doing some "honest thinking"? That's pretty desperate:lol:

Loony BoB

A thread based on some random twitter ass doing some "honest thinking"? That's pretty desperate:lol:
There's another tweet almost immediately below it saying we've enquired about him, so I'd say it's fair enough to warrant a thread (it's far more than anything you'll see in the Mitrovic thread - over four pages, started two years ago, and not a single link posted, not even "honest thinking").