Let’s sign Gareth Bale

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I read that Marca are saying that Spurs have agreed a deal where they pay Madrid €50-60m and paying half of his €17m salary, with Madrid paying Bale €25m.
There is no way that Spurs are going to pay Bale even half of what he gets at RM - this would far exceed what we even pay Harry Kane - and then pay RM €50-60m for the privilege.

If he's coming on a free transfer, for a deal lasting 2 years, then maybe we'd go for it, but not otherwise IMO

predator

Youth NITK
I'm in 2 minds. He's a matchwinner and provided he stays fit would walk into our starting 11.

I'm just sceptical of his desire. I know madrid have been cnutish in public towards him and its turned sour (like it usually does) but Bale hasn't done himself any favours in my eyes - although he has in his bank managers eyes.

If he came out and said he still has a desire to play football and joined Bayern, Inter (on a mere 200k a week) or any top European club then he'd go well up in my estimation as a footballer.

If stories are true about him wanting to sit it out and collect the 600k a week until his contract is over then fair enough - I dont want him anywhere near our club. This tells me he is mentally retired.
He must have a net worth of over £20million by now? How sad tarnishing your reputation as one of the best british players ever for something you wont even need when all is said and done.

dogwithabone

£20
I'm in 2 minds. He's a matchwinner and provided he stays fit would walk into our starting 11.

I'm just sceptical of his desire. I know madrid have been cnutish in public towards him and its turned sour (like it usually does) but Bale hasn't done himself any favours in my eyes - although he has in his bank managers eyes.

If he came out and said he still has a desire to play football and joined Bayern, Inter (on a mere 200k a week) or any top European club then he'd go well up in my estimation as a footballer.

If stories are true about him wanting to sit it out and collect the 600k a week until his contract is over then fair enough - I dont want him anywhere near our club. This tells me he is mentally retired.
He must have a net worth of over £20million by now? How sad tarnishing your reputation as one of the best british players ever for something you wont even need when all is said and done.

£20m ? And the rest ....

United Pro

There is no way that Spurs are going to pay Bale even half of what he gets at RM - this would far exceed what we even pay Harry Kane - and then pay RM €50-60m for the privilege.

If he's coming on a free transfer, for a deal lasting 2 years, then maybe we'd go for it, but not otherwise IMO
It's just Marca trying to make Madrid come out as the winner of this transfer. I do think you will get Bale though.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I would be happy to see Bale back at Spurs. It won't happen unless Real Madrid are desperate enough to pay most of his wages though.

Basso

Only club in Europe that will pay his silly wage is PSG! Good luck in France Gareth!

Last edited by a moderator:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I thought his agent said he will only leave for one of the top leagues. Basically admitting his time is up.

Gonçalo Motta

I think RM is so desperate to get rid of him that they probably will cover part of his wages at this point.
As a club, I don't really respect some of the things they do but I can't really blame them in this case.
He has 4-5 top-level games per season in him and the rest he is either injured, recovering from injuries or in a bad form.

I hope we aren't really considering buying him (even if RM covers part of his wages) because it will be really bad business. His head doesn't seem to be in the game anymore.

Eric's Seagull

I think RM is so desperate to get rid of him that they probably will cover part of his wages at this point.
As a club, I don't really respect some of the things they do but I can't really blame them in this case.
He has 4-5 top-level games per season in him and the rest he is either injured, recovering from injuries or in a bad form.

I hope we aren't really considering buying him (even if RM covers part of his wages) because it will be really bad business. His head doesn't seem to be in the game anymore.
Maybe they should have thought about the time might have to sell him when they wage him such insane wages, similar mistake to what we did with Sanchez. Although obviously Bale has put in performances which merit those wages over the years.

Handré1990

We should absolutely not. He’s made it clear on several occasions that he’s not interested in ManUtd. Sanchez’s deal should be fresh in Ed’s mind.

KennyBurner

This is why you cant expect player loyalty when you look at how Madrid is handling this situation. Bale has achieved more than Zidane and yet he is being treated like some bench warmer. Scored and assisted more than him and yet Zidane treats him like he is darmian. Its actually disgraceful and I cant understand why. He is a big reason why they won 3 back to back champions league and now that their done with him they are ready to let go in a very disrespectful manner. Loyalty in football means nothing for both player and club.

buckooo1978

would be delighted to see Bale turn down a move to China

its career suicide and it would also piss off the ungrateful Madrid decision makers

I find it hard to imagine this happening - really sounds like Madrid are putting the pressure on for it to happen

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
China seems to be the most likely destination, they'll offer him the best wages, and he can continue his golfing career. Win win for both parties.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m more concerned about what sort of fee they get for him. We could do without them finding another 200m between now and the end of the summer!

stepic

I’m more concerned about what sort of fee they get for him. We could do without them finding another 200m between now and the end of the summer!
They won’t get much. Not after ZZ’s comments. Think they’ll be happy just to be rid of his contract.

Shame we couldn’t send Sanchez to China :/

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Shouldn't be much, as Chinese clubs are subject to a 50% tax on signings, i.e. pay 60M for a 30M transfer, the rest goes to their government. But no such laws on wages.

peridigm

Maybe if they let him go for free and he’d accept £150k per week or something like that. Otherwise feck no.

Steve Bruce

Maybe if they let him go for free and he’d accept £150k per week or something like that. Otherwise feck no.
He's a top player, if he was available for free and he would be prepared to accept £350k a week on the basis that he is fit to play then why not, he is one of the best players in the world.

I just wouldn't have him in a guaranteed big money contract as he is injury prone.

TheRedHearted

Shouldn't be much, as Chinese clubs are subject to a 50% tax on signings, i.e. pay 60M for a 30M transfer, the rest goes to their government. But no such laws on wages.
Wouldn’t it be pay 15 million on a 30 million transfer? What you wrote is a hundred percent tax.

Anyway, why is it people are claiming his head isn’t in the game anymore? Guy loves to play and is pretty dangerous. I could see him being pretty lethal as a striker or second striker.
Don’t think Madrid will be able to deal him besides China and so think they will still get use out of him. Hazard and bale working together is pretty interesting

Last edited:

Houdini

"How to ruin your career" by Gareth Bale soon in your bookstores.

Cloud7

"How to ruin your career" by Gareth Bale soon in your bookstores.
How has he ruined his career? The guy has won 4 CL titles, more than everyone except literally a handful of players in the history of the game. There’s nothing left for him to achieve in his career at this point.

beingshe7don

Ed should have had Sanchez offered to the same Chinese team that's bidding for Bale at the moment.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Wouldn’t it be pay 15 million on a 30 million transfer? What you wrote is a hundred percent tax.
Yep, it's a 100% tax, I was mistakenly looking at the whole price. Though what you wrote is a 50% sale, not tax! They've gotta pay 60M for a 30M transfer.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This is why you cant expect player loyalty when you look at how Madrid is handling this situation. Bale has achieved more than Zidane and yet he is being treated like some bench warmer. Scored and assisted more than him and yet Zidane treats him like he is darmian. Its actually disgraceful and I cant understand why. He is a big reason why they won 3 back to back champions league and now that their done with him they are ready to let go in a very disrespectful manner. Loyalty in football means nothing for both player and club.
He was paid for what he did and now its time to move on. There is no room for sentimentality in football else real will become like us who keep players despite being way past their expiry date and treat jlingz like an 18 year old

TheRedHearted

Yep, it's a 100% tax, I was mistakenly looking at the whole price. Though what you wrote is a 50% sale, not tax! They've gotta pay 60M for a 30M transfer.
Wow. Gotta love communism. And no i meant they pay 15 million to their government on a 30 million transfer as in 45 total. That’s crazy. How are those clubs even ran? How does that government even operate? Am I about to get a history lesson on the cafe?

Wing Attack Plan R

It's still astonishing players go to RM when the fans, club president, and media treat their stars as they've treated Bale. He was such a pure attacking talent.

And now he's won, what, 4 Champions League trophies, the league and the cup in Spain, and a bunch of other stuff. I would have gladly taken him on a free but I'm sick of getting pantsed by RM whenever we do business with them.

I could get over Bale turning us down twice if he came on a free. James doesn't look quite ready and he and Bale could share duties on the right. But in any sort of transfer involving Pogba, absolutely not. RM pays full price, up front, in cash. It would have been great, Bale...

Reactions: KM

KennyBurner

He was paid for what he did and now its time to move on. There is no room for sentimentality in football else real will become like us who keep players despite being way past their expiry date and treat jlingz like an 18 year old
His contract isnt done and neither is he according to him so how is it time to move on from a neutral persepctive?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
His contract isnt done and neither is he according to him so how is it time to move on from a neutral persepctive?
Bale is entitled to stick to the terms of his contract just as Real are entitled to use all the tricks in the book to push him out. This situation is no different to Chelsea-Bogarde or Inter-Baggio a few years back. Most of the time, the player will eventually leave as he wouldn't want to stick to an environment were no one wants him.

KennyBurner

Bale is entitled to stick to the terms of his contract just as Real are entitled to use all the tricks in the book to push him out. This situation is no different to Chelsea-Bogarde or Inter-Baggio a few years back. Most of the time, the player will eventually leave as he wouldn't want to stick to an environment were no one wants him.
Then why do we always criticize players who want to leave when clubs do the same when they have no further use? Loyalty is overrated and we need to stop critisizing player like pogba who aren't supposedly loyal when in fact they are just doing what they think is best for them. I really dont care about where bale ends up as long as it isn't here. My problem is couldn't they at least do it with some respect even though its fine that they dont want him?