Let's all laugh at Arsenal!!

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
However this thread is a bit of a joke considering United aren't even in the Champions League and haven't nailed down a place in next year's tournament. :D
Why is it a joke? Are you only allowed to laugh are people or teams below you? People are laughing at the errie similarity with which these things unfold for Arsenal each season. There is a hilarious predictability to the events.

Did you laugh when Gerrard slip last season or not? Despite the fact that a novice like Brendan had 'Pool at a much better position in the league than Arsene has had Arsenal for over a decade.

Yes, this may be a joke 10 years from now if we continue in the same vein as we have since Fergie retired, but today...Arsenal..:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's times like these we need a good laugh. Imagine last season without the slip?!? Exactly!

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Its no fun when you are laughing at your own club. C'mon show me the tears! :D
:lol: I shed all my tears after the 2006 CL final and the 2011 Carling Cup final. Nothing can be worse than those two games.

Why is it a joke? Are you only allowed to laugh are people or teams below you? People are laughing at the errie similarity with which these things unfold for Arsenal each season. There is a hilarious predictability to the events.

Did you laugh when Gerrard slip last season or not? Despite the fact that a novice like Brendan had 'Pool at a much better position in the league than Arsene has had Arsenal for over a decade.

Yes, this may be a joke 10 years from now if we continue in the same vein as we have since Fergie retired, but today...Arsenal..:lol::lol::lol::lol:
To be fair, I didn't laugh at Gerrard's slip. Terry's slip at Stamford Bridge was hilarious though. :lol: Feel free to laugh at us right now though. Hell, if I can't stop laughing then I don't see why you lot should. :lol:

dasty

You laugh at something because it's funny, not because you are better than them.

And Arsenal was hilarious last night. It's astounding how consistent they are in providing moments like this every year.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I swear they've had the same season for about 8 years.
8 years! Have you been in a coma or am I imagining it, but it feels like at least a decade :lol:

Arsene's "10 year" plan was a masterclass....he's achieved an eerily consistency each season which, IMO, has gone unmatched in the history of football.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think they're significantly better than either of us.
At the moment they have a settled manager that has won loads and set club records. They have some genuinely exciting players. And they play a system which the players are comfortable with and is attractive. As a result they will ALWAYS qualify for the CL. On top of that now they can afford big name players, one of which Sanchez is a real talent.

Us and Utd have elements of the above in dispatches but not the whole package quite yet. Right now we'd kill for the guaranteed CL qualification they achieve every year. However, once the two of us have reached that leve we'd have the bottle to take it forward whereas Arsenal don't. But we're not there yet, ergo Arsenal are sufficiently better than the both of us.

Zoo

They can't even hide behind the excuse that it was against Barca, Bayern or even Milan. Unless somehow they turn this tie around last night will be seen as a new low.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
At the moment they have a settled manager that has won loads and set club records. They have some genuinely exciting players. And they play a system which the players are comfortable with and is attractive. As a result they will ALWAYS qualify for the CL. On top of that now they can afford big name players, one of which Sanchez is a real talent.

Us and Utd have elements of the above in dispatches but not the whole package quite yet. Right now we'd kill for the guaranteed CL qualification they achieve every year. However, once the two of us have reached that leve we'd have the bottle to take it forward whereas Arsenal don't. But we're not there yet, ergo Arsenal are sufficiently better than the both of us.
I think significantly is too strong a word tbh. Maybe not for Liverpool, but United have usually always been in the UCL, its our first season out for sometime. Also its no ganrantee Arsenal will qualify this season (even though I think they will).

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I think significantly is too strong a word tbh. Maybe not for Liverpool, but United have usually always been in the UCL, its our first season out for sometime. Also its no ganrantee Arsenal will qualify this season (even though I think they will).
Ok, significantly may have been too much considering they haven't shot away from us in the league. But they will qualify for CL next season as sure as they will get knocked out of the CL at the last 16 stage. It is written. :)

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
I can't believe how bad they were. Their fans must be pig sick, it's officially at that point where there's just no way they can go forward under Wenger. It's sad because he's tarnishing a fantastic legacy.

Nights

I'm not quite sure why Liverpool are at United's level in your post. You've finished above us once in the past 25 years in the league. And suddenly, we're on your level, looking up at Arsenal?!

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I'm not quite sure why Liverpool are at United's level in your post. You've finished above us once in the past 25 years in the league. And suddenly, we're on your level, looking up at Arsenal?!
History will not help you here. I've been told that since I joined in 2001.

You can attribute your new pecking order to Ferguson for leaving, Moyes and now Van Gaal's philosophy.

Cassidy

History will not help you here. I've been told that since I joined in 2001.

You can attribute your new pecking order to Ferguson for leaving, Moyes and now Van Gaal's philosophy.
We're not on the same level.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
My boss was at the match last night and he was saying that they couldn't believe that Giroud was brought off, so perhaps the unrest was directed towards Wenger rather than Giroud's performance?

Considering he's their only genuine, reliable goal threat, I can't believe the stick he so often gets.

Cassidy

My boss was at the match last night and he was saying that they couldn't believe that Giroud was brought off, so perhaps the unrest was directed towards Wenger rather than Giroud's performance?

Considering he's their only genuine, reliable goal threat, I can't believe the stick he so often gets.
Hes not but fair enough

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Anyone listening to TalkSport just now?

Claude from ArsenalFanTv was on and just admitted live on air that he called his marriage off after only 6 weeks because she wouldn't allow him to go to Arsenal matches. :lol::lol::lol:

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff

Good for them in the league this season, but he's not world class, never will be. He was woeful last night.

Cassidy

Claude from ArsenalFanTv was on and just admitted live on air that he called his marriage off after only 6 weeks because she wouldn't allow him to go to Arsenal matches. :lol::lol::lol:
:lol:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Good for them in the league this season, but he's not world class, never will be. He was woeful last night.
I didn't say he was World class, but he has been their only reliable goal threat over the last few years. If you have only one player who can actually score goals, the if he fluffs a few, I guess they get frustrated with him.

In the league:
11 goals & 4 assists in his 1st season
16 goals & 9 assists in his 2nd
8 goals & 2 assists this season, despite being out injured for half of it.

It's a pretty good record.

ThaReaper01

:lol: I shed all my tears after the 2006 CL final and the 2011 Carling Cup final. Nothing can be worse than those two games.

To be fair, I didn't laugh at Gerrard's slip. Terry's slip at Stamford Bridge was hilarious though. :lol: Feel free to laugh at us right now though. Hell, if I can't stop laughing then I don't see why you lot should. :lol:
Terry's slip was magical, I agree. :lol::lol:

Tyrion

:lol:
His solution to that little disagreement kinda proves her point really.

Tyrion

So Arsenal arent so good... again! The way the media goes back and forth on these guys is annoying.
And it's the same thing every time; they never learn. I'm 21 and I can say I've seen it all before when 50 year old former professionals are hailing them or slating them. They'll get top 4 as usual and do the same thing next year as usual. It's like playing through an exciting and frustrating video game again and again.
At the start of the season, I remember Charlie Nicholas saying they'd win the league. I just knew I would recall that fondly.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I had £15 worth of bets on arsenal last night. What the hell was I thinking?!

saivet

:lol: just found it

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.

They have a manager who has won a trophy in a decade. Thats nothing to brag about. If SAF had gone on a ten year barren spell...well he wouldn't have nor would he be allowed to.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
They have a manager who has won a trophy in a decade. Thats nothing to brag about. If SAF had gone on a ten year barren spell...well he wouldn't have nor would he be allowed to.
In the summer if Arsenal sack Wenger and LvG finishes you fifth would you, the fans, want Wenger in? Hypothetical question.

Revan

Assumptionman
In the summer if Arsenal sack Wenger and LvG finishes you fifth would you, the fans, want Wenger in? Hypothetical question.
Good God, no. He is finished as a manager and has been so for a decade.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Wenger with a near infinite transfer budget would be pretty interesting, I must say.

If he pulls out a guaranteed top 4 finish every year on mostly limited budgets you'd have to think he'd be better if that wasn't an issue.