Let's all laugh at England

Status
Not open for further replies.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Fair points. I’m not going to respond in detail though because this thread is not a serious one and has been derailed.

I think there was a lot of hate for Uruguay at WC14 actually when Suarez did that handball save.
Wrong World Cup. Handball 2010, biting Chiellini 2014.

The shite he got for the handball was unwarranted. More so it being an invented free kick followed by not one but two players being offside.

Biting was insane and the end of our World Cup right there. Fecking idiot.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So it's acceptable to be arrogant if you are winning? Because it seems you are blaming a different set of fans for essentially what you are as well, but the difference is the team you support is more successful. Talk about taking the moral high ground.
You're a bit all over the shop here. What you're saying doesn't make any sense. It's like you've responded to the wrong person.

First off, the word acceptable is an odd one. Doesn't really make sense at all because I'm not making the argument that being arrogant about your team is unacceptable. When did I say that?? I was replying to the guy who accused those taking pleasure in England's loss of being arrogant themselves. I was saying that it's not arrogance it's schadenfreude.

You then made the assumption that I must care about how United fans are portrayed. I said I didn't, so then you made something up.

DoomSlayer

You're a bit all over the shop here. What you're saying doesn't make any sense. It's like you've responded to the wrong person.

First off, the word acceptable is an odd one. Doesn't really make sense at all because I'm not making the argument that being arrogant about your team is unacceptable. When did I say that?? I was replying to the guy who accused those taking pleasure in England's loss of being arrogant themselves. I was saying that it's not arrogance it's schadenfreude.

You then made the assumption that I must care about how United fans are portrayed. I said I didn't, so then you made something up.
So you wouldn't care if you are called arrogant when identified as a United fan? You don't mind any generalised label on our fanbase because of the actions of a minority group within it? You don't mind football fans around the world accusing us and Sir Alex of bribing the refs and saying it's the only reason we won domestic trophies consistently, but couldn't do the same in Europe because SAF had no power there, resulting in us underachieving when it comes to the CL?

I've seen so much conspiracy theories about how England paid to get a favourable path to the final. That one Bayern Munich fan even outright said he believed UEFA worked with the FA to help England. :wenger:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So you wouldn't care if you are called arrogant when identified as a United fan? You don't mind any generalised label on our fanbase because of the actions of a minority group within it? You don't mind football fans around the world accusing us and Sir Alex of bribing the refs and saying it's the only reason we won domestic trophies consistently, but couldn't do the same in Europe because SAF had no power there, resulting in us underachieving when it comes to the CL?
No.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona

I've seen so much conspiracy theories about how England paid to get a favourable path to the final. That one Bayern Munich fan even outright said he believed UEFA worked with the FA to help England. :wenger:
You caring won't change their minds. Plus those same labels and allegations are thrown at most successful teams, so hardly any different.

Bole Top

Whole thread is bizarre to me, i could never imagine going on Juventus or Milan's forum and just hammering into Italy :lol:
tbf, that's mostly because England actually winning the final is completely unimaginable.

shaky

Utd fans get called arrogant all the time. Utd get accused of having refs in their pockets all the time. Do you actually get upset by that rather than laughing it off?

valeron21

What? Why would I give a feck about Chiesa, who is a Juventus player? And why are you talking about Rashford only, when we also have Sancho, Shaw, Maguire and Henderson in the squad? I know you are obsessed with Marcus, but give it a rest.

It's like people here forget the players are English as well. I'd like to know if you think it would be alright to spout so much toxicity, knowing 5 of our very own players are involved and may get affected by it. I expected a lot more sympathy for that reason alone, it was the least our fanbase could do.
This is very true, Manchester United had the most /or joint most players in the England squad… and they did well. Maguire played well and slottted his pen, shaw will be lb of the tournament but we came second in a fecking tournament ! Shame on us

Giggs86

Yep, let’s add another scoop of lasting division and resentment into what is supposed to be a forum for Manchester United fans.
*Was* a forum for Manchester United fans maybe a decade ago. Now it's just like a general football reddit page where it feels like United supporters are in the minority.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What? Why would I give a feck about Chiesa, who is a Juventus player? And why are you talking about Rashford only, when we also have Sancho, Shaw, Maguire and Henderson in the squad? I know you are obsessed with Marcus, but give it a rest.

It's like people here forget the players are English as well. I'd like to know if you think it would be alright to spout so much toxicity, knowing 5 of our very own players are involved and may get affected by it. I expected a lot more sympathy for that reason alone, it was the least our fanbase could do.
Chiesa had a better tournament in a worse team. He deserves the kudos.

DoomSlayer

Utd fans get called arrogant all the time. Utd get accused of having refs in their pockets all the time. Do you actually get upset by that rather than laughing it off?
When it gets over the top, of course it upsets and angers me. It's part of having a passion for the club, if I didn't care, why would I even continue being a supporter? For the love of this shite modern football, where the money has destroyed the soul of the sport? Feck that, I barely watch any games if United isn't playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.