Let's all laugh at Holland

Seij

Was this Dutch squad really that bad? I honestly don't see this group of players as the "pile of shite" everyone is making them out to be. Yes, I agree it's not a "Golden Generation" but maybe the likes of France, England, and Portugal all having very strong squads made people downplay the Dutch in comparison.

avgp_1

Was this Dutch squad really that bad? I honestly don't see this group of players as the "pile of shite" everyone is making them out to be. Yes, I agree it's not a "Golden Generation" but maybe the likes of France, England, and Portugal all having very strong squads made people downplay the Dutch in comparison.
Their best players are the back 3, Dumfries and FdJ. Outside of Van Dijk all of them are decent to good.

Further on they are quite ordinary, I don't think anybody else has it worse than them among the teams in the quarters. Technically that entire front 3 is mediocre

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Who cares about Holland anyway. God awful place and name.

GinobiliTheGOAT

On the contrary, Argentina has been heavily overrated while being a pretty average side aside from Messi, Enzo and Licha.

The Dutch went far considering how limited their team was. Having fecking Memphis, mediocrity incarnated, as a starter shows it.
still an underrated team with an opportunity to go to the final. To say they are overrated is mental and your bias is really showing.
They aren’t the best team in the tourney but have been good enough. If they end up making the final calling them overrated would be even more stupid. Nobody favours them over France and rightly so

Seij

Their best players are the back 3, Dumfries and FdJ. Outside of Van Dijk all of them are decent to good.

Further on they are quite ordinary, I don't think anybody else has it worse than them among the teams in the quarters. Technically that entire front 3 is mediocre
I'm not sure if I would categorize Depay and Gakpo as mediocre. Depay for his national team is the 2nd highest scorer ever after RvP despite not being a striker. Gakpo is 23 and will have plenty of clubs come after him (probably including us) after this WC with what he's shown over the past year.

avgp_1

I'm not sure if I would categorize Depay and Gakpo as mediocre. Depay for his national team is the 2nd highest scorer ever after RvP. Gakpo is 23 and will have plenty of clubs come after him (probably including us) after this WC after what he's shown over the past year.
I said technically. They had no composure when pressed, kept losing possession, no hold up play. At this level it's not good enough.

ExoduS

I really felt Dutch were gonna win this year. My feelings often mislead me.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
Continue to play ala prime stoke city would probably lead to more chance of them going through instead going to pens. The argies had a hard time dealing with those aerial balls.

tarc

What happened to Netherland's creative attacking players? For a country that produced Cruyff, van Basten, Robben, Van Persie, the current best players are one CM and a couple defenders. Is there some philosophy shift in player development?

NoLegendary

What happened to Netherland's creative attacking players? For a country that produced Cruyff, van Basten, Robben, Van Persie, the current best players are one CM and a couple defenders. Is there some philosophy shift in player development?
You dare to forget Van the Man Nistelrooy, Bergkamp?

NoLegendary

why their fans chant Holland when supporting them ? Genuine question
Holland is the name of two provinces in the Netherlands, south holland and north holland. But the Netherlands itself consists of ofcourse many more regions. However, Holland is the most (economically and politically) important region.
Just like England and the Britain.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Imagine being so small time you don't have a mob of people with irrational hate for you on redcafe and you need to start the mocking yourself, because no one else would do it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Imagine being so small time you don't have a mob of people with irrational hate for you on redcafe and you need to start the mocking yourself, because no one else would do it.
JUST LAUGH AT US DAMN YOU.

I should have written, lets all laugh at Van Dijk. I bet that would've improved this thread.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
JUST LAUGH AT US DAMN YOU.
You guys let the woke mob take away your country's proud traditions and now you're paying the price. You could have milked a little spit in Messi's hair for a 10-20 year rivalry, like in the good old days.

colombianmancunian

still an underrated team with an opportunity to go to the final. To say they are overrated is mental and your bias is really showing.
They aren’t the best team in the tourney but have been good enough. If they end up making the final calling them overrated would be even more stupid. Nobody favours them over France and rightly so
The poll over here showed them as favorites. Many people here before the WC started gave them as favourties. Argentina has been heavily overrated while being average.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Holland is the name of two provinces in the Netherlands, south holland and north holland. But the Netherlands itself consists of ofcourse many more regions. However, Holland is the most (economically and politically) important region.
Just like England and the Britain.
The fecking cheek of it

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Just in time for minced pie season :drool:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Koeman is trying to pretend it's 2019 and he never left for Barcelona.

We have a forward problem. Memphis, Weghorst, Malen, Summerville, Dallinga, Brobbey, Berghuis, Danjuma are no Van Persie or Robben.

Plus our midfield is garbage if FDJ and Wieffer are unavailable.

redcucumber

We have a forward problem. Memphis, Weghorst, Malen, Summerville, Dallinga, Brobbey, Berghuis, Danjuma are no Van Persie or Robben.

Isn't Gravenberch supposed to be decent?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

I love Wieffer, but the amount of hype het gets is insane. Can we go back to overrating Ajax players like Gravenberch or Taylor? :wenger:

Yagami

Good post resistant
With the depth Holland have at CB, and Dumfries making the RB spot his own, I'd (selfishly) love to see Timber in midfield with de Jong. In my opinion, his qualities are tailor made for a deep midfielder.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
With the depth Holland have at CB, and Dumfries making the RB spot his own, I'd (selfishly) love to see Timber in midfield with de Jong. In my opinion, his qualities are tailor made for a deep midfielder.
I really hope we will see Frimpong against weak opposition from now on. Dumfries is entirely useless without space in front of him as was once again blatantly obvious yesterday. Malacia om the other hand, did far better in his brief cameo.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I really hope we will see Frimpong against weak opposition from now on. Dumfries is entirely useless without space in front of him as was once again blatantly obvious yesterday. Malacia om the other hand, did far better in his brief cameo.
No surprise about Malacia. I really rate him.

I really like the Feyenoord academy at the moment. As well as Malacia, you have two current youth players I really like in Guus Baars and Lennard Hartjes.

I watch a bit of Dutch youth football as you can clearly see the coaching in that everyone has to be good on the ball. I watch Ajax and Feyenoord youth games and you have CBs doing la pelopina turns under pressure as the last man and dribbling like wingers. That's why the two aforementioned players standout to me (as well as a couple of Ajax youngsters).

Bojan Djordjic

Memphis has scored more international goals than Van Persie, Robben, Van Nistelrooy, Mackay, Kluivert, Van Hoijdonk, Van Basten and Bergkamp and Brobbey is a super-promising talent. Seems like a bit of excuse making. Those options may not be absolute top tier but are relatively good options for an international team to have and should be well capable of destroying a team of Gibraltar's stature.

dutchred

Memphis has scored more international goals than Van Persie, Robben, Van Nistelrooy, Mackay, Kluivert, Van Hoijdonk, Van Basten and Bergkamp and Brobbey is a super-promising talent. Seems like a bit of excuse making. Those options may not be absolute top tier but are relatively good options for an international team to have and should be well capable of destroying a team of Gibraltar's stature.
You are joking if you compare Memphis to Van Persie, Robben, Van Nistelrooy, Kluivert, Van Basten, Bergkamp.