g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Let's all laugh at Ronaldo..ehh Portugal

TenHagsEmpire

Supports
Ajax
He never had a chance to win the World Cup playing for such a poor country his whole career.

However I do agree he should have manage one KO goal at least granted he’s played on average of one KO game a tournament because Portugal have only made it passes the R16 3x in their history.
Right, but he has had 8 matches across those 5 editions to get one goal. That’s not good enough, IMO.
Some Portugal teams have not been up to par in the past, but this teams has some nice pieces although it came too late for Ronaldo as he is past his prime. Would have been interesting to see prime Ronaldo in this team.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Feel conflicted… glad that Ronaldo’s out of the tournament, but disappointed to see by far the better footballing side go out, again.

Portugal were really wasteful in the last 20 minutes, they should’ve scored. But for me, I always want the side who’s actually played football to win.
For all their possession, Portugal had the same number of shots on target as Morocco. Portugal had the likes of Bruno diving to win a pen, Morroco missed the biggest on the counter, could have been 2-0 easily. Having possession doesn't equal playing good football, Spain showed it against Morocco in the previous round and in this one too. If you create more good chances and you don't win then yeah it truly sucks

LARulz

I want all the footage of him crying that I can get :lol:
what a fecking asshole.
We need to get a camera in the room if Argentina win the World Cup. He would explode as Messi lifts the cup

Skills

Snitch
For all their possession, Portugal had the same number of shots on target as Morocco. Portugal had the likes of Bruno diving to win a pen, Morroco missed the biggest on the counter, could have been 2-0 easily. Having possession doesn't equal playing good football, Spain showed it against Morocco in the previous round and in this one too. If you create more good chances and you don't win then yeah it truly sucks
Yeah that was the case for Brazil against Croatia. Not this game

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Those tears were not because his country won’t be lifting the World Cup this year, those tears are because he won’t ever be lifting the World Cup.
No that’s not correct. He cries every single time he doesn’t get his way. You can go all the way back to Moscow and he was crying about missing a penalty. He has always been a a cry baby cnut but it’s only now people are turning on him because he can’t silence them with his performances.

Pocho

Pepe blaming Argentina and the ref for the loss against Morocco :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He seemed more on camera when on the bench than after he came on
I recall two moments in the game, the chance at the end and when he tried to beat a Morocco player and wasn't able to, he looked very clumsy. After that moment, you could see on his face that he just looked defeated.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah Portugal has the higher level that they can reach of course, but Morocco straight up were better today. Restricted chances against, created better chances. Was a proper top defend and counter display.

Denis79

1. Create so much fuss at United that we would terminate his contract - check

2. Have a great World cup - :lol:

3. Because of great world cup clubs will be lining up to sign him - :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Omg this is gold!

Andre Kagawa

1. Create so much fuss at United that we would terminate his contract - check

2. Have a great World cup - :lol:

3. Because of great world cup clubs will be lining up to sign him - :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Omg this is gold!
The gift that keeps on giving innit

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
:lol: Amazing.

Whose body is that?
His in about 10 years.

Seriously, I felt somewhat sorry for him today. It's never easy for a true great and a MU legend to leave the spotlights in such manner.

Just kidding.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
"It's inadmissible that an Argentine referee was in charge today after what happened yesterday, with Messi complaining. After what I saw today, they can give the title to Argentina now," Pepe said, via Relevo.

:lol:

Pocho

What is wrong with Pepe, Argentinians have nothing against Portugal, not even against CR.

Ladron de redcafe

What is wrong with Pepe, Argentinians have nothing against Portugal, not even against CR.
If the quotes are accurate, then it's bizzare. I didn't think Ronaldo's obsession carried over to his teammates. But what possible reason was there to blame the referee for today. Pepe missed an open header from 2 yards with the goal at his mercy and with Morocco reduced to ten men because the referee he was complaining about sent off a Morrocan player.

Pocho

If the quotes are accurate, then it's bizzare. I didn't think Ronaldo's obsession carried over to his teammates. But what possible reason was there to blame the referee for today. Pepe missed an open header from 2 yards with the goal at his mercy and with Morocco reduced to ten men because the referee he was complaining about sent off a Morrocan player.
they are accurate, I saw the interview.

Ladron de redcafe

Ronaldo is a massive failure when it comes to the World Cup.

Played in 5 editions and never scored a knockout goal let alone made it to/won a World Cup final

All time great player, but he simply can’t be the GOAT with this fact.
Never assisted either.

His world cup career ends with zero knockout stage goals or assists.
He has 5 non penalty goals across 5 tournaments (!) And only 2 assists.

BorisManUtd

Never assisted either.

His world cup career ends with zero knockout stage goals or assists.
He has 5 non penalty goals across 5 tournaments (!) And only 2 assists.
Basically Ronaldo's best moment at World Cup was that hat-trick against Spain 4 years ago in group stages.