Let's all laugh at Spain

InfiniteBoredom

I absolutely fuming they way they played today. It was absolute cowardly and clueless in highest form.
It's always easy to revert to type under pressure. That 'nick a goal and waste time by passing' gave them a WC, so not really clueless.

Cowardly though, yes. You'd have thought those players would have the confidence to demolish Russia after plying their trades at the highest level for years, with or without a manager.

vangagal

It's always easy to revert to type under pressure. That 'nick a goal and waste time by passing' gave them a WC, so not really clueless.

Cowardly though, yes. You'd have thought those players would have the confidence to demolish Russia after plying their trades at the highest level for years, with or without a manager.
I said clueless because in 90 mins of football, they dont give a shit about intensity to attack Russia despite having ball all the time. Only in ET they began to attack with intensity. Even in 2010 when they won, that was not this kind of boring and clueless.

buchansleftleg

Why on earth take off Costa and leave 2 defensive midfielders on the pitch.

Isco is just a bit of fluff..running atound preening his feathers but no penetration at all, like some unholy crossbreed of a peacock and a panda.

Adios!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Why on earth take off Costa and leave 2 defensive midfielders on the pitch.

Isco is just a bit of fluff..running atound preening his feathers but no penetration at all, like some unholy crossbreed of a peacock and a panda.

Adios!
The boy takes 4-5-6 touches to make a simple pass he could have made earlier

InfiniteBoredom

I said clueless because in 90 mins of football, they dont give a shit about intensity to attack Russia despite having ball all the time. Only in ET they began to attack with intensity. Even in 2010 when they won, that was not this kind of boring and clueless.
Oh it was, they just had Torres and Villa, and Puyol marshalling the defence.

Watch their match against Switzerland in the group back then. Just as mindnumbingly inept, with a vastly superior group of player.

belanglos

Supports
Bayern München
Spain: "This World Cup is pure chaos! ..."

Russia: "Chaos is a ladder!"

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Now this thread is warranted than that Portugal one last night. Ramos! Yes feck you! Trying to put cherysev off, he just cant help himself the wum cnut :lol:. Fancy putting Aspas as one of your last pens. Stupid idiots.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I absolutely fuming they way they played today. It was absolute cowardly and clueless in highest form.
That's how they always play though. It's the typical spanish tikinaccio.

When they won 3 tournaments in a row they were simply better at it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Feel bad for Iniesta. Other than that, no sympathy.

Between firing their manager the day before the tournament started and then playing today without an ounce of creativity despite having a team full of brilliant players, they earned their exit.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Need to move away from Pique-Ramos-Busquets-David Silva generation now imo, they all lack motivation.

Spain have still won more in last 10 years than majority of national teams in their history so comedown was always inevitable. Now they're back to 90s/early 00s level. Underwhelming performances in knock out rounds.

Alabaster Codify7

Hilarious. I have never been a huge fan of Spain and Barcelona's style and the media gushing that follows Pep around. So I took some perverse pleasure in seeing them fold today. Well done Russia, they deserve it, they're playing their guts out for the fans and national pride.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Now this thread is warranted than that Portugal one last night. Ramos! Yes feck you! Trying to put cherysev off, he just cant help himself the wum cnut :lol:. Fancy putting Aspas as one of your last pens. Stupid idiots.

Yeah that was some real shithousery. He's a special kind of bastard that only Spaniards seem to create.

MuFc_1992

Hilarious. I have never been a huge fan of Spain and Barcelona's style and the media gushing that follows Pep around. So I took some perverse pleasure in seeing them fold today. Well done Russia, they deserve it, they're playing their guts out for the fans and national pride.
There's a massive difference between the way that spain team played and the way Pep's teams play.

Eila

Such slow zombie football. They need to phase out Busquets next. Iniesta and Pique will step to the side themselves, so it's not a problem.
And De Gea letting pretty much every shot on target go inside is something else.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
There's a massive difference between the way that spain team played and the way Pep's teams play.
Probably because Pep's teams are coached to play that way always, week in, week out. Problem with trying to do it with an international team is that a lot of the players play for club sides who do not play that way.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Such slow zombie football. They need to phase out Busquets next. Iniesta and Pique will step to the side themselves, so it's not a problem.
And De Gea letting pretty much every shot on target go inside is something else.
Surely they regret ditching Lopetegui. They didn't look so ponderous smashing Argentina 6-1 a few months back. Hierro went back to tiki-taka.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
100% van gaals style, especially 1st half, keeping the ball to limit the opposition hurting you.
Bet good ol' LVG is sitting in his villa in Portugal, having watched that thinking it was the best game of the tournament.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Surely they regret ditching Lopetegui. They didn't look so ponderous smashing Argentina 6-1 a few months back. Hierro went back to tiki-taka.
Think in hindsight it was a terrible decision. The players didn't want him to go either.

Giggs86

They can shove that tiki taka...

Absolute disgrace, as a neutral this is some cruel and unusual punishment to watch Pique-Ramos-Busquets stand and pass the ball in the half way line for 90 minutes.

Eila

The bald dude who fired Lopetegui should also step aside, voluntarily. This world cup was an embarassment.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Glorious. Undone by tiki-taka boringness.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Van Gaal is sitting at home watching this game on video over and over again with his hand down his trousers.

De Gea's agent is ripping up his Madrid contract and crying.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ramos' cuntery is is the stuff of legend. Trying to wum his old team mate before a penalty.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Moiraine

Spain can keep the ball
All the match balls infact and take them home :lol:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I reckon he'll be fine, mate. He's won the World Cup and two European Championships. And that's what he's won at the international level.
He'll be celebrating them tonight I'm sure.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
No one to blame but themselves. As mentioned all foreplay and no penetration. Feel bad for the Spanish ladies.

padr81

Supports
Man City
When teams sit back they have literally no way to break them down. They are disjointed, have the same Costa problems as at the Euro's and are rightly out. It's alot like City when teams put 10 men behind the ball but this Spain team doesn't have the pace up top of Sane, Sterling and Kun so they have to rely on individual moments. They looked a far better side with Aspas and Rodrigo in and Costa and Asensio out.

I wouldn't blame them for the game being boring, that was Russia who played for about 5 minutes total then put 10 men behind the ball but Spain are missing pace up top to be effective and the back 4 is prone too errors.

Pique and Koke have had a poor world cup, DDG has had a horrid one, David Silva, Asensio have been very average. They are a good team but no longer a great one.