Let's all laugh at Spain

Bobski

Brilliant, mostly because of the constant shaming if you don't pretend it is some stupendous, evolved progressive style. Impressive (but mostly tedious) 10 years ago, done with it now, I only regret they have never received the style of shaming that Brazil took from Germany to kill that slog football dead.

Blood Mage

For all the stick Rashford and Martial get, Spain wish they had two forwards as good as them on the field tonight.

MDFC Manager

Some were hating on them thinking they lost to Japan on purpose.

Turns out they were just shite

DrogaPortoroz

So boring.Thank God we didn't wait for Luis Enrique.
And yeah, feck off Busquet.Cheating cnut.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I really like the style and I hope they continue it. The Spain of the last two years controlled the games but was more versatile. Luis Enrique was too taliban of the style.
Now he should resign.
Today it was obvious they were going to penalties from the first minute. They should have gone one more gear. I think he was wrong to change Gavi and Asensio.
For the Euro they need to commit to shooting every 300 passes instead of every 600 :D

antk

Brilliant, mostly because of the constant shaming if you don't pretend it is some stupendous, evolved progressive style. Impressive (but mostly tedious) 10 years ago, done with it now, I only regret they have never received the style of shaming that Brazil took from Germany to kill that slog football dead.

Kaos

All I can think is thank feck Enrique turned us down. We'd be playing LVG ball with Bruno up front or something equally daft and tumescent.

He'll probably go to City and continue to win things for them but I'm glad we've ended up with Ten Hag.

PoTMS

They've won 3 games since winning the WC in 2010. Iran, Australia and Costa Rica. Piss poor, that.

diarm

To be fair, by bouncing those pens off the post and the keeper, they were far more likely to retain possession.

Poor lads were only doing as they were told.

Charles Miller

I think the way they play its easier to assimilate new players into the system because everything is clear. So everytime they produce a good generation, they will be favorites. They should not change their identity just because the last generations of players are not able to make it work.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Isn't that the problem, they are inclined to pick players from the big teams and their strikers quite often aren't Spanish.
Precisely yeah, good base of young players in their midfield/defence though. One striker better than Morata can't be too much to ask for !! :D

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Precisely yeah, good base of young players in their midfield/defence though. One striker better than Morata can't be too much to ask for !! :D
Either that or the others have to score goals. They are too busy passing the ball about and then realise there is nobody to pass to in the box.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Los torres sin cojones.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Did they practice how to miss penalties 1000 times?
i’d have them practicing with their tops off until it got dark, their sweaty, chiselled bodies, glistening in the twilight. i moan softly as one of them hits the post.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They won the passing!

I'm not sure who finds their style entertaining. I'd rather watch teams play catenaccio

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
They won the passing!

I'm not sure who finds their style entertaining. I'd rather watch teams play catenaccio
Yes. Their playstyle essentialy guarantees that there are two teams that don't play, rather than just one as is the case with catenaccio or any other defensive system.

fallengt

All bark but no bite. Glad that they're out. Awful football style.

Bole Top

soul destroying football, if you can call that football. delighted they're out.