Let's talk about Everton

Danny Roberts

Bullshit stats given Martinez's first season was generally considered a triumph. Think Everton got the most points they'd had in years, usually enough for a top 4 but finished 5th.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I'd sack him now to give the new manager time to convince Barkley to stay. By far our most talented players and yet Koeman treats him like shit. He's allergic to flair players.

The Bloody-Nine

I'd sack him now to give the new manager time to convince Barkley to stay. By far our most talented players and yet Koeman treats him like shit. He's allergic to flair players.
Didn't Barkley refuse to sign a new contract and make it clear that he wants to leave?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Their summer business was by and large crap. They won't be relegated though, so not so sure they should change manager. They need to change it up in January.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Rooney hasnt been great for them true, but he hasnt been abysmal either. He's just been rather average.

It's hard to put your finger on what is wrong at Everton, i mean on paper it looks like a solid squad. Maybe they just need time to get some team cohesion happening, im not sure i buy into the whole slow attack as an issue.

I mean look at Spurs attacking 3 or 4, Kane, Alli, Eriksen, none of them are by any means pacey. Sure Son is a little nippy but hardly blistering pace, Looking over the whole Spurs team there is no real pace and they are sitting in 3rd.

Jacko21

Only hope for Koeman is that he makes it through to January in order to bring in much needed recruits.

I don't see how a new manager would bring about an immediate upturn in results, given that team has a chronic lack of pace and nobody to turn to for goals.

goin4glory

They look like Moyes United side. Zero pace/penetration or ability to beat a man in their forward line and ageing defenders who prefer to drop deep, oh and a completely past it Rooney too.

Brophs

The One and Only
All Everton need to do now is to hire Garry Monk and they'll have completed the perfect trifecta of managerial spoofers.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Didn't Barkley refuse to sign a new contract and make it clear that he wants to leave?
I put down that to Koemans treatment of him although i could be wrong. He certainly hasn't helped though. I can't belive we have paid 45 for Gylfi and 27 for klassan and we are about to lose Barkley for free. He's on another level to the pair of them. Horrendous management by everyone at the club.

SambaBoy

Got a lot of deadwood still and players who are over the hill. Jagielka & Williams are past it as decent CB's in the Prem now, especially Williams. Coleman is obviously a big miss and probably won't come back the same player given his age, Baines has slowed down and pace has never been one of his best attributes. Funes Mori will take time to come back from such a serious injury.

Keane was a good signing and will come good but he's playing next to a poor CB most of the time. Holgate isn't a natural RB and it shows at times. Schneiderlin hasn't found his Southampton form and that United move seems to have affected him badly.

Add to that, they have no pace going forward apart from Calvert-Lewin who isn't good enough to lead the line yet. It shows how desperate they are to get pace back into the side that they have recalled Niasse. It seems they did not plan their transfer window well at all, and they just took players for the sake of it.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I put down that to Koemans treatment of him although i could be wrong. He certainly hasn't helped though. I can't belive we have paid 45 for Gylfi and 27 for klassan and we are about to lose Barkley for free. He's on another level to the pair of them. Horrendous management by everyone at the club.
Think Gylfi has shown as much better level so far.

Uniqueusername52119

I think FSW might stay at Newcastle now there may be new owners on the horizon, which will take the pressure of Koeman for a while at least. I wouldn't put it past Ashley to be completely lying about selling the club just to keep Benitez on board though...

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Think Gylfi has shown as much better level so far.
Not a chance. People just see his stats and think he must be this great player. From open play Barkley is better at everything you would want from an attacking midfielder except striking the ball.

Asger

Not a chance. People just see his stats and think he must be this great player. From open play Barkley is better at everything you would want from an attacking midfielder except striking the ball.
:lol:

Barkley who? Some overrated English player ? :D

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think they are two different players but Barkley has not quite reached Gylfi standards for me and I'm going with performances not stats but both tell me who has been better.

Robbie Boy

As i said earlier. Apart from set pieces and striking a ball he is better than Glyfi at everything you would want from an attacking midfielder.
The Icelandic lads on here won't have a bad word said against Sigurdsson, they genuinely believe he's some world class talent.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
Only hope for Koeman is that he makes it through to January in order to bring in much needed recruits.

I don't see how a new manager would bring about an immediate upturn in results, given that team has a chronic lack of pace and nobody to turn to for goals.
Uhm, my guess is that bringing in more players would only worsen the problem. They bought what? 10 players during summer? You can't just purchase a new starting eleven and expect everything to be working immediately ..

Jacko21

Uhm, my guess is that bringing in more players would only worsen the problem. They bought what? 10 players during summer? You can't just purchase a new starting eleven and expect everything to be working immediately ..
By recruits, I meant players with actual pace. They need a goalscorer and they need a flying winger.

Their summer recruitment started well and then turned to sh*t. Signing three No.10's, all with zero pace.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
The Icelandic lads on here won't have a bad word said against Sigurdsson, they genuinely believe he's some world class talent.
To be fair you can half understand it as he must be a national hero at this point with how well Iceland have done these last few years. When you at his career though he failed to step up at Spurs and he's doing the same at Everton now. Now you can blame the rest of the Everton team and the manager and it would be fair enough but he doesn't demand or go looking for the ball nowhere near enough for me and he should be the one doing that. I suppose he is not that type of player. He would of probably looked great last year with Barkley knitting the play for him and Lukaku as a focal point to play off. It's a shame really.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
By recruits, I meant players with actual pace. They need a goalscorer and they need a flying winger.

Their summer recruitment started well and then turned to sh*t. Signing three No.10's, all with zero pace.
Really depends on your gameplay whether you need pace or not. I'd say a bunch of their younger players got pace. Calvin-something is amongst one of the fastest in the league.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I think "great" is going a bit far. He did ok at times but again, was inconsistent within games and from match to match.
Nope he was genuinely great in my eyes. Him and Lukaku were destroying the smaller teams in the second half of the season. He held his own against a few of the the big ones aswell. He will join Spurs or whoever and look great , i have no doubt about it. It was the same with Lukaku. It is obvious when you see a player and you just know they would thrive even more in a better team.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Really depends on your gameplay whether you need pace or not. I'd say a bunch of their younger players got pace. Calvin-something is amongst one of the fastest in the league.
The problem with Koeman now is that he is to stubborn. Rooney ,Gylfi and Klassaan are his signings so he is forcing in them in a unbalanced team to try and see if they will come good. You can get away with playing a few of them in the midfield if you had fast ,attacking full backs to provide the pace and width. Sort of like how Spurs have been the past few years. Sadly Baines is finished now and Coleman is injured.

arthurka

He is what´s your point?... When he put the Icelandic national team shirt on he looked a totally different player knew what to do and where to play..
Everton hasn´t go any runners, Rooney plays where he wants and the general setup is just plain wrong.
The team and him included are playing shit.

Robbie Boy

To be fair you can half understand it as he must be a national hero at this point with how well Iceland have done these last few years. When you at his career though he failed to step up at Spurs and he's doing the same at Everton now. Now you can blame the rest of the Everton team and the manager and it would be fair enough but he doesn't demand or go looking for the ball nowhere near enough for me and he should be the one doing that. I suppose he is not that type of player. He would of probably looked great last year with Barkley knitting the play for him and Lukaku as a focal point to play off. It's a shame really.
Oh don't get me wrong, he's a good player and obviously a national hero, but he's very overrated by the Icelandic lads on here. If he were as good as they think, he would be at one of the big boys by now. I have often been guilty of NT bias myself though to be fair; I mean, I used to think James McCarthy was the shit.....

He's a good player and in the right system, he would do well. But unfortunately as things stand, he's flanked by static tortoises with literally no movement around him and because of that, it's making him look like a poor player himself. I watch a fair bit of Everton as the missus has a passing interest in them (her dad supports them) and to say I have been unimpressed by him so far at Everton would be an understatement. Excuses will be made and many are valid, but on an individual level, he has to take some responsibility, too.

Runner

Looks like he finally dropped Rooney. Will be interesting to see how this game plays out for Koeman.