Lewis Hall - Newcastle Player | Bye Bye Boehly

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I love the terminology used sometimes.

"Chelsea’s change of strategy came after the club found itself paying £115 million for Moises Caicedo from Brighton – breaking its own British record transfer fee "

Makes it sound like the club JUST found out that they're paying that much for Caicedo. Must have been a major shock for whoever discovered it at first.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I love the terminology used sometimes.

"Chelsea’s change of strategy came after the club found itself paying £115 million for Moises Caicedo from Brighton – breaking its own British record transfer fee "

Makes it sound like the club JUST found out that they're paying that much for Caicedo. Must have been a major shock for whoever discovered it at first.
:lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Surprised Chelsea are letting him go. Newcastle have adopted a good transfer strategy on their road to success.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Cucurella comes back to bite us in the arse yet again. He's pretty quickly ascending the pyramid of disastrous Chelsea signings
I can't even blame Cucurella for this. I doubt he'll even be here in 12-18 months. A loan would have cleared Cucurella out of Hall's pathway. It's just the club. Sounds like they've sacrificed him to balance the books.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Surprised Chelsea are letting him go. Newcastle have adopted a good transfer strategy on their road to success.
It is a tough one. Chilly is in his mid 20s and we also have another academy guy in the squad (Maatsen) who covers the same role.

Not a million miles from the Lamptey/Livramemto/James thing we had at right back.

Realistically he's not getting in the side this season and if we're getting 30 mil, I can't be too mad as much as I always want ours kids to make it through.

Dan_F

It’s pretty clear what the strategy is going to be for Chelsea over the next five years. Plenty of sales like this are needed to balance the books for all those long contracts they’ve handed out. Academy sales are the easiest way to do it.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
It’s pretty clear what the strategy is going to be for Chelsea over the next five years. Plenty of sales like this are needed to balance the books for all those long contracts they’ve handed out. Academy sales are the easiest way to do it.
Only if we wanted sign 300 mn worth players every window otherwise we are fine.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It is a tough one. Chilly is in his mid 20s and we also have another academy guy in the squad (Maatsen) who covers the same role.

Not a million miles from the Lamptey/Livramemto/James thing we had at right back.

Realistically he's not getting in the side this season and if we're getting 30 mil, I can't be too mad as much as I always want ours kids to make it through.
Aye, that's completely fair, especially if he was pushing for the move.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Aye, that's completely fair, especially if he was pushing for the move.
I don’t buy that he was pushing for a move. He does come from a family of Geordies but why would he sign a new 6 year deal and then immediately push for a move? Newcastle have been sniffing around him all summer. Their interest isn’t new. Chelsea always rebuffed their interest and Hall signed that new deal knowing Newcastle were pursuing him. I think what’s changed is the club’s attitude to Hall’s sale. I think they’ve deemed him a necessary sacrifice to balance the books.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don’t buy that he was pushing for a move. He does come from a family of Geordies but why would he sign a new 6 year deal and then immediately push for a move? Newcastle have been sniffing around him all summer. Their interest isn’t new. Chelsea always rebuffed their interest and Hall signed that new deal knowing Newcastle were pursuing him. I think what’s changed is the club’s attitude to Hall’s sale. I think they’ve deemed him a necessary sacrifice to balance the books.
Could it be a mix of both? He was quite happy to stay but happy to go if Newcastle was the option and ultimately Chelsea saw it as getting a decent fee for a young player who hasn't played much and have depth in the position.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Think it’s pretty clear he’s had his head turned by the lure of becoming a regular starter at Newcastle. Going on loan to somewhere like Palace who could be a relegation contender with all the star players they’re losing or go to a top 4 contender who are in the UCL? Pretty easy choice.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Could it be a mix of both? He was quite happy to stay but happy to go if Newcastle was the option and ultimately Chelsea saw it as getting a decent fee for a young player who hasn't played much and have depth in the position.
I guess it’s possible but I don’t believe it’s both. I think he’s happy to go now that he knows Chelsea want to sell him but I don’t think he would sign the new long term contract and simultaneously push for a move. That doesn’t make any sense. He’s supposedly even agreed to go to Palace on loan before Chelsea suddenly changed their minds.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Think it’s pretty clear he’s had his head turned by the lure of becoming a regular starter at Newcastle. Going on loan to somewhere like Palace who could be a relegation contender with all the star players they’re losing or go to a top 4 contender who are in the UCL? Pretty easy choice.
Newcastle were interested all summer. I honestly don’t think it’s him who wants to leave. I think it’s Chelsea who are making a cold ruthless financial decision.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Newcastle were interested all summer. I honestly don’t think it’s him who wants to leave. I think it’s Chelsea who are making a cold ruthless financial decision.
Maybe. But I expect that Trev and maybe even Conor to be sold who will each bring in pretty big money that‘s pure profit. So if we’re desperate for cash I feel like those two would be on the chopping block long before pushing Hall out.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
From what I'm reading it seems he wanted game time this season as he could see the pathway was blocked and he didn't get any minutes pre season.

In order to allow him to go out on loan, Chelsea insisted he signed a new deal to protect his long term value. So he agreed to sign the new deal to get his loan.

It seems then Chelsea were pausing on the loan, probably to get the Caceido and Lavia deals over the line and to see how much in the end it would cost.

In doing so, Hall has basically become collateral damage, and Chelsea's stance on selling changed dramatically.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe. But I expect that Trev and maybe even Conor to be sold who will each bring in pretty big money that‘s pure profit. So if we’re desperate for cash I feel like those two would be on the chopping block long before pushing Hall out.
There are no current offers for them. There is one for Hall. It’s the only explanation I can think of. If we’re forced to balance the books by sacrificing an academy player (which is an insane situation to be in to begin with), I’d 100% sell Chalobah or Gallagher before even considering Hall.

Dan_F

Only if we wanted sign 300 mn worth players every window otherwise we are fine.
Probably not the place to discuss it, but I think that’s a best case scenario. Another year out of the Champions League and the failure of some of these players on big deals, and it get really dicey.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Probably not the place to discuss it, but I think that’s a best case scenario. Another year out of the Champions League and the failure of some of these players on big deals, and it get really dicey.
See you at end of the season with cl spot. No one stop us from getting cl place. :)

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
You're making a lot of excuses. We can all play the game of look at all these great academy prospects we have. Whether they are or not. I could list 8 of ours that are supposedly in plans when in reality about 1 or 2 probably realistically are.

Actions speak louder than words and what I'm talking about is players that actually make it at Chelsea and get decent investment in their chances at first team level. Only Mount and James have done anything substantial for the club and they broke through ages ago yet we're constantly hearing about Cobham.

Producing talent yes, making money.. probably, a decent pathway...not really. Be interesting to see how Colwill does or whether he's jettisoned fairly quick with all the money flying around.

I thought at OT he was your best player last year. That's what baffles me. If an 18 year old rocks up at OT and plays that well they have ability, why you would even think of selling says it all about opportunities. Then again, let's see, a loan would actually be a good play.
Ok, but none of the stuff you are saying is true. “In our plans” doesn’t necessarily mean locked on starter the way Reece is.

Chalobah is a good example: he is probable to leave, and not because we dont want him… but we see him as a utility player and an excellent option, but not a locked on striker. And for the future I think this Summer confirmed to Pochettino and others that Bashir is better long term (which I agree with).

Excuses? I’m giving you reality: we will create pathways for players coming through our system. We do an excellent job of it, and we are using our academy more and more.

Nobody at the top end of the Premiere league even really comes close, so knocking Chelsea for their academy seems ludicrous.

real talk on Lewis Hall? He struggled in the two times we tried to play him in his natural position. I don’t know if it’s nerves, or positional awareness, or what, but he has looked best out wide with tons of time on the ball because people were ignoring the 18 yr old. He was “good” or “solid”. For LB in particular I would still prefer Maatsen.

I would like to see if Hall could develop more as a CM … but if I were him I would notice Chelsea have in Casadei the Golden Ball winner of a tournament he couldn’t even make the roster of. And Santos, the Golden Ball winner of the equivalent tournament in South America.

If Hall ends up a well paid professional at a top club , then we have done our job as an academy. If it turns out we let the wrong midfielder leave? Then we missed, but we are going to have to make calls like that. That’s how this works.

In this situation it seems the decision is made for us. If Newcastle was an attractive destination when he was joining academies we may not have had him at all. They apparently want him for RIGHT NOW. So that’s a big opportunity.

he’s not a LB though. I don’t think I’ve even ever seen him attempt to put a cross in. He’s never played against a first team Prem side that really pressed with their wings like Arsenal. So we will see. I hope they see him as a midfielder as well, for his sake.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
This makes it even more confusing. You have this really great prospect but he isn't going to get game time because you've flooded your team with a million players in all positions. It must be terrible being a Chelsea academy player after Boehly takeover.
In the starting 11 for us last Sunday were : Colwill, James & Gallagher . Ironically there were as many Chelsea academy products in Utd’s starting 11 as there were Utd products!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
he’s not a LB though. I don’t think I’ve even ever seen him attempt to put a cross in. He’s never played against a first team Prem side that really pressed with their wings like Arsenal. So we will see. I hope they see him as a midfielder as well, for his sake.
What? Crossing is literally one of his most dangerous weapons, and he does it to a much higher standard than both Chilwell and Cucurella.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
He was offered a 6 year deal but it remains unsigned

Dan_F

See you at end of the season with cl spot. No one stop us from getting cl place. :)
It’ll certainly be the easiest opportunity for a while as you’ll be playing one game a week for most of the season.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Actions speak louder than words and what I'm talking about is players that actually make it at Chelsea and get decent investment in their chances at first team level. Only Mount and James have done anything substantial for the club and they broke through ages ago yet we're constantly hearing about Cobham.

Producing talent yes, making money.. probably, a decent pathway...not really. Be interesting to see how Colwill does or whether he's jettisoned fairly quick with all the money flying around.
Same argument you're making about Colwill was also used about Christensen.

Furthermore you seem to be holding us to the standards of only undisputed starters (which Christensen was aswell by the end) count as being brought through, I take it by the same token you don't count the likes of Brown and Welbeck as being brought through at United?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He was offered a 6 year deal but it remains unsigned
Romano claims it's already signed. He's not the only one either. I just figured it was signed but not yet announced.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What? Crossing is literally one of his most dangerous weapons, and he does it to a much higher standard than both Chilwell and Cucurella.

:lol: Love how in pretty much every game in that video he puts a dangerous cross in but BlueLion has never seen him make one cross at all.

Lemoor

Feels like, with your current transfer strategy, this will be repeated quite often.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

:lol: Love how in pretty much every game in that video he puts a dangerous cross in but BlueLion has never seen him make one cross at all.
Maybe that's the difference between fan and Boehly bot.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Imagining Chelsea have some very nice add-ons/sell-on in there if we're swooping in and paying under what they said they want. Especially for highly rated young talent to a CL spot rival, in a spot we're arguably most desperate to upgrade (as much as I love Burn, and assuming he's coming in to play there immediately)

Well, that, or Boehly is cooked and Ashworth is ruthless. Maybe both.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah it's an absurd take. If you're worried about him long-term, the concern is his defensive awareness and ability to defend 1v1. His attacking upside from left back is through the roof.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

Yeah, I could understand the rest of his post, but not that part, it's the part that's stood out most to me in the limited first team appearances I've seen him in.

That's why I asked you the question of can he play inside as well.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Romano claims it's already signed. He's not the only one either. I just figured it was signed but not yet announced.

A year’s extension was triggered but from what I believe the contract to 2030 had been agreed and once signed he would go to Palace.

There seems to be a bit of bad blood at the moment between Chelsea and Palace hence why we backed off approaching their player and the decision to send him to Palace was on hold . Newcastle who likewise wanted Hall On loan we’re bought back into play.

When he returned from loan the intention was to sell Mattensen but Poch it seems really rates him so the dilemma was how could you add yet another left sided player.

Hall has made 8 PL starts plying way less than 900 minutes in total. He does look a prospect but has the taste of first team so ain’t going back to the U21.

It simply is down to 4 players for 2 squad’s positions ,and yes I know hall is under 21,

I still expect Cucerella to leave