LGBT issues in Football

FreddieTheReddie

UEFA also investigated Neuer’s rainbow armband, then they dropped the case but they are quite serious about “not making political statements”. One article mentioned that the stadiums are only allowed to use the colours in the participating countries’ flags, so I think Munich could get a serious fine if they still did it.

Withnail

Okay calm down Mr Leftie PC Brigade Cancel Culture man. Don't go getting offended again. I know it's what you lot do best but no need for it here. I'm sure there's another bandwagon for you to hop on soon. All aboard.
Have we met? You seem to know me so well.

p.s. I think you might be the one who needs to calm down. I'm quite tranquil today but you seem to be a bit riled up.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ok Mr PC mad man culture bandwagon transformer, none of that please.

Stacks

Rowling is not always wrong. It’s very difficult to give trans people everything they want without hurting women’s rights for example. I mean it’s impossible.
Well that depends on whether you regard a trans woman as a woman then its just women's rights also. That said its lazy to group them all as if they are striving for the same thing. I'm not a big fan of the term BAME here in the UK.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
“You’re riled up“

“No, you’re riled up.“

Finally the general leaks into the FF.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
But we can’t. Should trans women be allowed to participate in olypmics as cis women?
Nope we shouldn’t. No one can change the genetic underbelly of someone. Funny thing is it’s gonna cause more inequality for biological women who I’ve seen many voice their opinion against. But that’s a discussion for another day

FreddieTheReddie

There's a thread discussing the ethics of that but they are currently allowed to compete provided they meet certain criteria.
They still have an advantage if they went through puberty as men. But at least they won’t get offended so who cares about women.

Oldham

Yeah light it up everywhere, hope fans and players will show support for this in someway.
And UEFA :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Withnail

Darlington Padgett

https://www.google.hu/amp/s/amp.the...-rainbow-colours-after-hungary-anti-lgbtq-law

Munich mayor tried to get permission from UEFA to light Allianz Arena in rainbow colours after anti-LGBTQ+ law was passed by Hungarian parliament. Looks like it’s not gonna happen, “they don’t want to get into political debates”. UEFA again proved how little they care about minorities, especially when there’s little to no pressure from the public.
This is a human rights issue and I get it, but it is also a political issue. If you allow this to happen, you open the door to other political issues to be targeted. It is a great way to send a message but UEFA must stay neutral in this cases.

NotThatSoph

Tell us again why the LGBT protestors deserved to be beaten up by the right wing thugs?
I believe you're talking to the very same guy that thinks thousands of Christians are getting beheaded every day, but that we don't hear about it's inconvenient for the lefties.

Stacks

HTG

Supports
Bayern
There are two kinds sexualities. Heterosexuality and political ones.
There are two kinds of skin colour. White skin and political ones.

Beaucoup

https://www.google.hu/amp/s/amp.the...-rainbow-colours-after-hungary-anti-lgbtq-law

Munich mayor tried to get permission from UEFA to light Allianz Arena in rainbow colours after anti-LGBTQ+ law was passed by Hungarian parliament. Looks like it’s not gonna happen, “they don’t want to get into political debates”. UEFA again proved how little they care about minorities, especially when there’s little to no pressure from the public.
Q+, I've not heard of that before, what does it stand for?

antk

Q+, I've not heard of that before, what does it stand for?
Q stands for Queer, and + is indicative of a much larger inclusivity for people that do not align with the first five words. Another common term nowadays is LGBTQIA+, I meaning Intersex and A Asexual.

CaptainBirdseye

Okay calm down Mr Leftie PC Brigade Cancel Culture man. Don't go getting offended again. I know it's what you lot do best but no need for it here. I'm sure there's another bandwagon for you to hop on soon. All aboard.
I was so close to a full bingo card here.
Just needed 'MSM', 'Woke', and 'Snowflake' in this post and it would have had all the cliches sorted.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The fact that this is even considered a political issue shows how fecked things are.

I hope they ignore UEFA and light the stadium up anyway, and have all the players wear rainbow boots.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
This is the final boss battle of the 'criticise the post, not the poster' rule. If you get beyond this post without calling them a knobhead, you've won the game.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Genuinely wish the various teams would tell UEFA to feck off and let them play with a rainbow on the shirt or something or boycott the competition

But it's not gonna happen.

Hope Florentino is paying attention at least, this is an issue he can raise and win PR points when he tries re-launching the superleague next year!

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This is a human rights issue and I get it, but it is also a political issue. If you allow this to happen, you open the door to other political issues to be targeted. It is a great way to send a message but UEFA must stay neutral in this cases.
No it should fecking not. And it can't. By claiming "neutrality", UEFA IS SIDING WITH ORBAN HERE

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Genuinely wish the various teams would tell UEFA to get bent and let them play with a rainbow on the shirt or something or boycott the competition

But it's not gonna happen.

Hope Florentino is paying attention at least, this is an issue he can raise and win PR points when he tries re-launching the superleague next year!
Maybe not using that phrase though.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Q stands for Queer, and + is indicative of a much larger inclusivity for people that do not align with the first five words. Another common term nowadays is LGBTQIA+, I meaning Intersex and A Asexual.
AFAIK there's not a defined term for the Q these days. It often is Queer but 'Questioning' is becoming increasingly common too.

Sorry to be pedantic :)

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The UEFA president has explained the reasoning behind the decision and I have to say he makes a lot of sense. If it’s purely for the game against Hungary, and aimed at their politicians, then it’s political isn’t it.

Still think they should go ahead with it, mind.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Tell us again why the LGBT protestors deserved to be beaten up by the right wing thugs?
Tell me again, who's talking about them being beaten?

If we're at it, I’m sure you pay the same attention to antifa cokeheads running riots hehe.

Withnail

Tell me again, who's talking about them being beaten?

If we're at it, I’m sure you pay the same attention to antifa cokeheads running riots hehe.
You did.

Tell us a bit more on why those far right groups attack them in the first place? What those lovely souls do to churches, other protests, outdoor praying etc. What language they use standing right in front of the kids.

weltcheftrainer

Supports
schalke
Why do the elites want to lecture me even during football matches? Stop it please.

Dan_F

So UEFA have the power to control what colour stadiums can be? What’s stopping Germany just doing it, or having pride flags hanging off Wembley? Just tell them to feck off and do it. Being neutral on topics like this is a disgrace.

A country not liking something doesn’t make it a political issue.