Lindegaard

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Shouldn't be hard for him to find a club. He'd be most teams in the divisions number 1. He'd be Liverpool's, anyways.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
You have to feel for him. He's too good to be a #2, but it's unfortunate for him that De Gea is a different class. Really hope he find a good team. You can see how he celebrates our goals that he's a genuine fan.

ChaddyP

Unfortunate for him. I always rated him highly but you always knew he wouldn't be around too long.

Bwuk

Liverpool should go after him. He's better than Mignolet.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
can someone remind me... a few years ago, was he battling it out with de gea to be number 1? did they split most of the games in that season after VDS left?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Louie being super honest again but I don't feel Anders has that serious problems with ball control. I hope he'll stay and show class but more an more it looks like it's gonna be difficult from now.

David De Gea and Victor Valdes... feckin hell, what a combo.

Raw

can someone remind me... a few years ago, was he battling it out with de gea to be number 1? did they split most of the games in that season after VDS left?
In 2011/12 De Gea was 1st choice until October 1st where it kinda swapped between the 2 but Lindegaard kept a run of 4 clean sheets in a row until January. He was in goal when we lost against Newcastle 3-0 and also when we beat City 3-2 away in the FA Cup. Then he picked up an injury and didn't play much else. In that season he got 11 appearances.

The following season he got 13 appearances. He got a good run of games at the start due to De Gea's wisdom teeth problems, then De Gea came back in and he just had a few appearances here and there. I think it was by then De Gea showed his true value since the following season Lindegaard only got 3 appearances.

Jerch

Yeah he played a lot. DDG needed time to adapt to league and made some costly mistakes so he was often dropped and tbf to Lindegaard he did a good job when we needed him.
There was some questions about DDG future and if Lindegard would take the number 1 spot but DDG improved massively since then.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's a shame for him as he never really let us down, I don't remember any significantly poor performances or errors that I thought "oh he's rubbish definitely a number 2". Unfortunately for him De Gea has always had the higher potential and he has never looked back since his first season. Lindegaard though is a solid keeper and I am sure many of the grade 2 clubs around Europe would happily take him.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Yeah he played a lot. DDG needed time to adapt to league and made some costly mistakes so he was often dropped and tbf to Lindegaard he did a good job when we needed him.
There was some questions about DDG future and if Lindegard would take the number 1 spot but DDG improved massively since then.
that's what i thought... cheers

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
It's a shame for him as he never really let us down, I don't remember any significantly poor performances or errors that I thought "oh he's rubbish definitely a number 2". Unfortunately for him De Gea has always had the higher potential and he has never looked back since his first season. Lindegaard though is a solid keeper and I am sure many of the grade 2 clubs around Europe would happily take him.
exactly. his performance last year against newcastle showed what he was capable of.

siw2007

Would have thought he would find a decent club around Europe. He is a solid goalkeeper I feel, but just lacked the star-quality and world class ability that De Gea has.

Boycott

Had a look at his career figures. He hasn't played 100 career club games! I know keepers generally get better as they age but that is very strange.

I like him. He's done well when he's been called upon to. Had a run where Fergie took De Gea out of the firing line and was very good at Anfield, Benfica away especially. The Reading game was a horror show to be honest. He made an error of judgement from an early corner and that paved the way for the rest of the match and gave De Gea the chance to slot back in which he hasn't looked back.

Talent is there. Great professional. But would a PL club take him on to be their number 1? I doubt it. He hasn't got enough match experience at his age to confidently walk it and shine which he would be expected to do. Maybe abroad in a top flight league. He's definitely too good to return to Scandinavia.

Sam

I like Anders, seems like a good guy on the whole (although I do seem to remember some sly did at DDG in his first season on twitter) but I'm not sure why he has such a great rep on here. Because from what we've seen, he's just bang average. He's been a perfect number two because he's basically been happy to play that role, and not kicked up a fuss, but I just don't see why people seem to convinced that he could just walk into the first team of a lot of PL teams.

As for all the 'he's better then Minolet lolololol stuff' I'm really not sure he even is. Infact, he's very similar. Good shot stopper, and thats about it. He also suffers the same issue that Minolet has with kicking the ball. The issue being that they can't.

Walters_19_MuFc

Be a shame to see him go. Always thought he was a great number 2, but if I had my choice between Lindegaard and Valdes, I'd choose Valdes.

If he does move on, which seems pretty obvious now, I hope he finds a good club, where he can be a successful number 1.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He seems like a wonderful character around the team and not let anyone down when he had to fill in. If his time is up, so be it but if De Gea signs on, I can't see Valdes being too happy with being the #2 keeper once he regains form and fitness. He did make quite a leap from Aalesunds or something to Manchester United, which is already a win for him.

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
It's a shame for him as he never really let us down, I don't remember any significantly poor performances or errors that I thought "oh he's rubbish definitely a number 2".
Perhaps a tad unfair, but the 5-5 away to West Brom didn't help his image, especially since he was given the start to qualify as having enough matches for a PL medal. By then he had clearly lost out to DDG as our #1, and that was the the first start he had in a while and didn't go so well. He's barely played since.

Get In Scholesy

Who was the poster who claimed he was better than DDG?

@MaroonPondlife?

I remember when Anders was given a run of games in De Gea's first season and many posters were raving about how much better he was De Gea, claiming De Gea was too dodgy for the premier league. I couldn't help but laugh that.

In fairness it was during my time in the newb forums

Minkaro

Lindegaard is currently in the midst of actually transforming himself into Valdes, in the hopes of confusing Van Gaal and getting some game time.

Jammydodger7

I like Lindegaard and think he's a very good keeper, why are clubs not interested in him, I reckon he'd start for half of the premier league teams yet he's our 3rd choice keeper! Shame as we're probably gonna lose him for nothing. Should have tried to loan him at least.

Brophs

The One and Only
I don't think he was ever that good, tbh. And now I'd assume he's on a big contract with little on the way of offers that go anywhere close.

stepic

I reckon he'd start for half of the premier league teams yet he's our 3rd choice keeper!
He's played 19 games for us since 2010 according to wiki. Pretty abysmal stat. No way he would start for half the league. He's probably struggling to find takers because frankly no one really knows what he's like anymore. I guess he's happy enough collecting the pay check though.

manutddjw

I thought he was a solid backup for us. I don't remember ever thinking that Lindegaard was at fault for a goal or bad result. I do remember his distribution was extremely poor in a few games, which is probably why LvG wants nothing to do with him.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I thought he was a solid backup for us. I don't remember ever thinking that Lindegaard was at fault for a goal or bad result. I do remember his distribution was extremely poor in a few games, which is probably why LvG wants nothing to do with him.
LvG? Lindegaard has been wanting to leave since last summer. He wants to play. He isn't going to play ahead of De Gea.

Raw

Also remember him spilling the ball against City which lead to Aguero scoring City's second in our 3-2 FA Cup win against them in 2011/12. They also scored a free kick against us that I'm sure De Gea of today would have saved.