Lindegaard

Jev

It's probably a language thing. In hebrew as well when a club tells a player he can leave, they say he was 'released'. But it doesn't mean he's be released from his contract, just told he can leave if he finds a buyer.
No, the Norwegian paper Sunnmørsposten did claim he had been released, which is not true.

JackXX

Can't blame him for wanting 1st team football he's not going to get a look in here. Pain for us though if he does go.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard seeking to leave Manchester United
• No2 has not been released but will ‘look into opportunities’
• Keeper made just one Premier League appearance last season

Anders Lindegaard is actively looking for a new club following “constructive dialogue” between Manchester United and the No2 goalkeeper – although he could yet stay at Old Trafford beyond 1 September, according to his agent, who also denied he has been released.

Lindegaard has found his first-team opportunities limited. Last season he made only three appearances, with the Dane having been permanently demoted to being David De Gea’s backup since a 4-3 win over Readingin December 2012 that effectively ended the chance handed to him by Sir Alex Ferguson to claim the No1 jersey for himself.

Michael Stensgaard, his agent, told the Guardian: “We’ve had a very good dialogue with Man United and we talked about the prospect of [Anders] getting the chance to play and, obviously with De Gea [there], the prospect that Anders should go out and find a club where he should play. We sort of agreed that we could look into opportunities. So it’s not that United are kicking him out or anything, its a very constructive dialogue on how the future should look. Then in good co-operation we agreed that we would look into the opportunities.

“The most important thing is that it’s the right thing for Anders and the right thing for the club as well – that’s very important.”

Asked about reports that Lindegaard had been released, Stensgaard said: “No. It has absolutely nothing to do with the truth. We’ve had a very good dialogue. If the case is that we do not find the right club both for Anders and for Man United – because this is very important – then Anders will stay and he’ll have his heart at the club. He’s a lifelong Man United fan and he’s very loyal to the club.”

Stensgaard would not be drawn on whether his client has so far had any offers from another club. “No, we keep that [to ourselves] internally.”

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Just pay him more And guarantee him more games per season. The drop-off between De Gea and him isn't as big as the other no. 2s we have had in the past.

He loves United. I am sure we can work something out.

Loublaze

ATLien
Just pay him more And guarantee him more games per season. The drop-off between De Gea and him isn't as big as the other no. 2s we have had in the past.

He loves United. I am sure we can work something out.
He's been a good servant of the club. I wouldn't be mad at him for seeking first team action somewhere else, he'll be 31 this year. I don't rate Ben Amos much but Sam Johnstone is a very good prospect.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You cant blame him. Hopefully we get a veteran keeper whose ready to accept no 2

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Let Lindegaard go and get a more regular number 2.

No point having a solid number 2 that always want's to play. A Mark Schwarzer type is probably what we need. Somebody who is experienced, but not annoyed to play only a few games here and there.

marlowe78

Apparently Johnstone is injured. Especially important that we hold onto Lindegaard, at least until January.

FromTheBench

Celtic signed Craig Gordon and he's started off well there.

If he goes there won't be guaranteed first choice i'd imagine, though have a better shot than here.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Dont understand the use of loaning him. He is not needed. Just sell him or release him if there are no buyers.

badkins

Any news on him?

He's not featuring at all, no clubs being linked with him as well - very quiet for last 2 or 3 weeks.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Both of them are top lads, if I could pick someone from our last year's squad to go on coffee with, it would be one of them.

Hellboy

The last time he came in for DDG, it made the spaniard even better. Hope our spanish cat isn't resting on his laurels, because Lindegaard is one of the best reserve goalies in the prem.

Kag

Lindegaard really isn't very good. He is capable of some fine goalkeeping but as soon as he concedes he loses his head. When he makes an error he might as well just walk off the field altogether. He's adequate cover but I wouldn't like to rely on him for an extended period of time. Nice guy, seemingly.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Lindegaard really isn't very good. He is capable of some fine goalkeeping but as soon as he concedes he loses his head. When he makes an error he might as well just walk off the field altogether. He's adequate cover but I wouldn't like to rely on him for an extended period of time. Nice guy, seemingly.
His distribution is not great but his shot stopping skill is excellent. He's hardly played for us since signing except for a few appearances here and there and likely won't get much time now that we are only playing may be 2 competitions. Its harsh to pass a terminal judgement on him unless he plays a bunch of games.

Kag

His distribution is not great but his shot stopping skill is excellent. He's hardly played for us since signing except for a few appearances here and there and likely won't get much time now that we are only playing may be 2 competitions. Its harsh to pass a terminal judgement on him unless he plays a bunch of games.
His shot stopping has never been a problem, but he's a very nervy player, particularly after conceding or making a mistake, and I think that's always been fairly evident. The Reading game the season before last sticks out immediately. It's what I appreciate so much about De Gea. He has an incredibly strong head on his shoulders.

In defence of both our goalkeepers, the idiotic rotation they have had to endure under two managers up until now has been of no help whatsoever.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
His shot stopping has never been a problem, but he's a very nervy player, particularly after conceding or making a mistake, and I think that's always been fairly evident. The Reading game the season before last sticks out immediately. It's what I appreciate so much about De Gea. He has an incredibly strong head on his shoulders.

In defence of both our goalkeepers, the idiotic rotation they have had to endure under two managers up until now has been of no help whatsoever.
I don't know, I always thought De Gea's goal kicks go down the drain the moment the squad is shook a bit by an equalizer or worse. Case in point, the last couple games. He invariably puts in a couple of goal kicks out of play when he is nervous.

Kag

I don't know, I always thought De Gea's goal kicks go down the drain the moment the squad is shook a bit by an equalizer or worse. Case in point, the last couple games. He invariably puts in a couple of goal kicks out of play when he is nervous.
De Gea's kicking off the deck is a work in progress but as a whole he is very good at staying cool from one game to the next, irrespective of his performance. Very cool. Lindegaard always strikes me as visibly worried when the going gets tough. I'd like to see him on a weekly basis at another club out of curiosity to see if he's better than I anticipate.

Kag

Could you explain this?

He is playing in the reserve match thats about to start.
I wasn't that clear now I've read that back, sorry. I was referring to the defence. Whether it be injury or rotating in the name of Ferdinand and Vidic every two weeks our goalkeepers have had no chance to build a playing relationship with a settled defence. When you consider this is now Dave's fourth season at the club it's a bit of a joke.

Brightonian

Yeah he's a good lad. I remember he wrote a really good article a couple of years ago about the need for a gay footballer to come out. He's got a sound head on his shoulders.