Lindegaard

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He's actually a perfect back-up goalkeeper. Not good enough/famous (sounds harsh but you know what I mean) enough to quarell when not playing, good enough to be called upon in all circumstances. Seems a down to earth guy as well.

Last edited:

Redo91

some of the comments are shit - he is as good as DDG, starting positon, coming out of his area, all fantastic, ddg i static in his own box seems to get a nose bleed if he has to venture out, he deserves a good run out in my opinion
Oh the irony. :houllier:

If you honestly think he is as good as De Gea then I have no idea what to say.

Gannicus

We're blessed with one top class keeper of the very highest order and another very good keeper. Let the be no confusion as to who is which.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
30 in a few days. Can see him leaving the summer for first team action.

HabeasC

He's not even in the Danish squad, and has featured single figures for them. How one Earth could you make such a claim?
To be fair, he is not playing enough for him to be a legitimate choice. For his career he should probably leave. As much as he is loved at United and he loves United, I don't think he will ever usurp DDG and he'll need playing time if he wants to start for Denmark (which he easily could).

He could easily be a keeper at a top team, maybe Atletico will have an open spot at the end of the season.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He's actually a perfect back-up goalkeeper. Not good enough/famous (sounds harsh but you know what I mean) enough to quarrel when not playing, good enough to be called upon in all circumstances. Seems a down to earth guy as well.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Always feel bad about having a pretty good reserve keeper. For big clubs though it is important and even with the odd keeper issues we have had over the years, we always seem to have good/decent back up

Lindegaard is very decent back up and really should be first choice for a decent side

ricky-romeo

him being a united fan certainly help a lot. he is not going to go public even if he is unhappy for not playing much.

on the other hand he did superbly well yesterday. 3 great saves and his poor kicking was no where to be seen. hope he stays for a few years to come, but if he wants to leave no one can blame him of course.

Keenst

What fantastic attitude to have! Real change from his "I'm not here to pick my nose" days.
Great attitude. Was striking to hear how he hasn't played in 5 months, we're lucky to have such a quality player who is willing to stay on the bench that long.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
him being a united fan certainly help a lot. he is not going to go public even if he is unhappy for not playing much.

on the other hand he did superbly well yesterday. 3 great saves and his poor kicking was no where to be seen. hope he stays for a few years to come, but if he wants to leave no one can blame him of course.
I'm glad to have him here as no. 2, but a Gk as good as him should be no. 1 for a decent team. It's kinda sad to see good talent being 'wasted', actually.

Varun

Staff
The point blank save from Cisse was great. Yes there is an element of guessing which way to dive at that range, but he still put his hands up. It didnt just hit him. The other saves were saves you would expect.
Yeah, that was a top save. The others were routine though.

some of the comments are shit - he is as good as DDG, starting positon, coming out of his area, all fantastic, ddg i static in his own box seems to get a nose bleed if he has to venture out, he deserves a good run out in my opinion
Trust the caf to go ridiculously overbaord with praise.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The point blank save off Cisse was excellent. I'd love for us to keep a back up of his caliber around since he's not going to trouble someone as young and good as De Gea but I would not be surprised if he went to another premier league side and did well as soon as the summer.

Malva

looked pretty static here, forget already?

two goals on crosses de gea would never allow these days.

Santos J

Must surely be Johnstone over Amos. Although a Prem loan would do Johnstone good but I can't really see him getting regular game time anywhere, had a good spell out on loan last year.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
That is a shame. If he wanted to go somewhere and get first team action it's understandable but I would be disappointed if it was the clubs decision. But then we have no idea what went on behind the scenes

khoazany

Must surely be Johnstone over Amos. Although a Prem loan would do Johnstone good but I can't really see him getting regular game time anywhere, had a good spell out on loan last year.
Burnley wanted him before.I reckon we might see Amos and Johnstone fighting over that spot for a while, given Amos was on the bench last night.

Skills

Snitch
Released? Surely just wrong wording? He's got a few years left, so should get a fee.

Walters_19_MuFc

Strange decision to release him, if true. Very good second choice keeper, but I suppose Van Gaal's looking to give Johnstone and Amos more time to stake their claim, as others have already mentioned.

Glanville95

There's no need to offload him, especially when releasing him would mean paying out his contract. It would be ridiculous. He's a good enough back-up keeper.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Strange decision to release him, if true. Very good second choice keeper, but I suppose Van Gaal's looking to give Johnstone and Amos more time to stake their claim, as others have already mentioned.
They're nowhere near his level, a completely unwarranted risk to let him go, especially if we've released him, at best it means no fee and at worst it means we've paid up the remainder of his contract.

khoazany

They're nowhere near his level, a completely unwarranted risk to let him go, especially if we've released him, at best it means no fee and at worst it means we've paid up the remainder of his contract.
LVG is the one who makes decision, so I think he might have rated them (or one of them) more than some here do.

I think we should wait for his agent's comment before making any further judgement.

Shark

@NotShark
If there's one player that needs releasing it's Anderson, not our quality back up keeper.