Lindelof signs new contract until 2024 (+1)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Erm why? He surely had a few years left on his existing deal

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His current contract was valid until 2021, with plus one year option. This club is weird :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Strange first replies in here! This is great news, despite what many think I believe the club are heading in a really exciting direction. Lindelof has proven his quality over the last season despite what his critics say and it’s great news that he’s signed up long term. I truly believe we will look back at the Maguire and Lindelof partnership as one of our best ever.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Was his contract even running out soon? Weird.
Expired 2021 with the option of an additional deal.

I don't blame the club for changing the contract policy, leaving contract negotiations for key players till they only had 2 years left on their contracts was a farce, Herrera probably gave us a kick up the arse in that respect.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Great news. Tying players down in key positions so we can concentrate on areas that need more urgent attention.

prateik

Great.. Had a poor start to his time here.. Is first choice now.. Tie him down.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Is great. De Gea, AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw all on long term contracts now, right? 2-3 young ones maybe taking a step up. Defence hopefully sorted.

Judas

Open to offers
Strange first replies in here! This is great news, despite what many think I believe the club are heading in a really exciting direction. Lindelof has proven his quality over the last season despite what his critics say and it’s great news that he’s signed up long term. I truly believe we will look back at the Maguire and Lindelof partnership as one of our best ever.
:lol: I admire the optimism, but that's mad.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Better signs good players and securing their future rather than letting contracts goes like Herrera's.

Happy for this renewal for another reason too.

In terms of contract we have now signed the majority of our important players (DDG, AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Rashford).

I think the club a trying to avoid losing players next summer (except Pogba)

prateik

Back line sorted for a while now..
McT is down.. Pogba will sign a new contract. Rashford, Martial on new deals.. James has just signed Sign a midfielder and a right winger and we have a decent XI and a great base to build on..

Challenging is a long long way away.. but having a top first XI is a great step..

get a midfielder in Jan Woody... and quite a lot will be forgotten.

Ole90+3

He'll do the job for the time being but he's a fairly average PL defender. We should be looking for an improvement to replace him in the starting XI over the next couple of years.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Back line sorted for a while now..
McT is down.. Pogba will sign a new contract. Rashford, Martial on new deals.. James has just signed Sign a midfielder and a right winger and we have a decent XI and a great base to build on..

Challenging is a long long way away.. but having a top first XI is a great step..

get a midfielder in Jan Woody... and quite a lot will be forgotten.
I would imagine if we haven't heard anything about a new deal for Pogba by now he wont be getting one

Judas

Open to offers
Club shows no clue about contracts and transfers = ridicule

Club finally shows some foresight and planning = ridicule

cant win with you cnuts
What an angry little sausage :lol: what does that have to do with me not thinking him and Maguire will be seen as one of our best ever partnerships? I just think he's a good squad player, but we shouldn't settle for him being one of our main CB's.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Seems we are being proactive with the young players. McTominay signed two 5 year deals in about 18 months.

AshRK

Club shows no clue about contracts and transfers = ridicule

Club finally shows some foresight and planning = ridicule

cant win with you cnuts
Well said. It's like the fans here will always find something to moan about. What if Lindelof starts regaining his form again and has a wonderful season and then some other club comes calling. It's a good think to offer him an extension now than wait for another year and his agent playing tantrums.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
What an angry little sausage :lol: what does that have to do with me not thinking him and Maguire will be seen as one of our best ever partnerships? I just think he's a good squad player, but we shouldn't settle for him being one of our main CB's.
Im not angry or little, and too beefy for sausage. Also why do you know better than the manager/coaches?

Zoo

It's good news. There was supposedly some interest from the continent so we've moved to tie him down with a pay rise.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Well said. It's like the fans here will always find something to moan about. What if Lindelof starts regaining his form again and has a wonderful season and then some other club comes calling. It's a good think to offer him an extension now than wait for another year and his agent playing tantrums.
He hasnt been that bad, he had a bad game vs Palace and thats pretty much it., Lots of closet brexit cnuts on here just want to jump on foreign players for any reason.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good that we are proactive in extending contracts.

Since last season almost all our fist 11 signed new contracts except Pogba + 3 new signings.

De Gea, AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw, McTominay, James, Martial, Rashford, Pereira, Mata all signed new contracts. Also players like Tuanzebe, Jones, Smalling, Henderson, Young,

gza the genius

Great news. Tying players down in key positions so we can concentrate on areas that need more urgent attention.
This. Whatever the fans might think it seems clear the club see's Lindelof and Maguire as our future in center back - with DDG just signing a new contract and Bissaka signed to a long term deal (and Shaw just recently signed as well) it can only be seen as a good thing to have some stability in all of the back 5. Now to focus on midfield and attack.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Makes sense to tie him down to a long term deal.
He hasn't had the best start to the season, but he's a talented, reliable centre back.
Hopefully he and Maguire enjoy a long lasting partnership.
Having De Gea, Lindelof and Maguire signed on long term deals is encouraging, the players seem to believe in what Ole is trying to achieve.

the chameleon

How can I take your opinion seriously with that username? :lol: