Television Line Of Duty (BBC TV Series)

lsd

The Oracle
I feel like i missed an episode or that one was written by D&D :confused:

F-Red

As much as it seems quite obvious, all signs lead to Osbourne for the final showdown. Carmichael does seem to be have some form of collusion in the process to restrict anyone being named.

Can't help but think it'll be down to some detective work from Steve & Kate that will reveal something, perhaps underneath the OCG workshop

Deery

Dreary
Don’t get the significance of James Nesbitt’s character was it just a red herring then.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Good episode. You lot are hard to please. Feels like there’s a lot to get through next week though
Is another season confirmed or are they ending the whole thing?

Last episode tends to be 1.5hrs to be fair.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Not a chance he’s dead. There is speculation on twitter that he was the ‘Spanish’ policeman behind the mask leading the investigation.

I think this series and next weeks finale is going to really set up for one final season to bring everything together.

Zen

I was almost certain Hasting's was gonna go all "How's Annie?" on us at the end there.

I still feel they are pushing for him to be massively bent, a lot of mini things, including that elevator scene, just keeps it in my mind, how they're filming it with him and he seemed massively restrained in the interrogation, usually pretty passionate. Hopefully it's all just a mad red herring, think it'd be mad if any of the main 3 are remotely dodgy.

United Hobbit

Also sad to see Pilkington gone, enjoyed his character.
His character was one I really enjoyed, and was so well acted, feel they could have done a lot more with him

His facial expressions especially were brilliant

They should at least have had him shot in the knee or something, then given him an interrogation scene

United Hobbit

I can't work out why Kate went on the run, she legally had that fire arm, there was massive threat from Ryan, which AC-12 knew about, she told Steve where she was going, surely there was no need to run off? She could fully justify shooting him. This is very unlike Kate, various parts of her behaviour where Jo is involved. They still haven't revealed who killed Vela, it's either Jo or Ryan I think

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Why did Kate go on the run, and then go all loopy about being framed, when she could've just... stayed there and explain what happened? Everyone already knew Pilkington was bent, that her life was potentially under threat, and she had a witness...And why did Jo need to pretend to have shot Pilkington in self defence when Kate could've just also said that? It felt like I'd missed a whole chunk of episode at the start there...

EDIT: Basically everything @United Hobbit just said... glad I'm not the only one who thought that made no sense.

If they drag H out into another season, I'll fecking....... just be quite annoyed to be honest.

Last edited:

arnie_ni

I really hope they don't feck up and show James nesbitt in the trailer for the next season if he isn't really dead

acnumber9

What was the motivation for Kate and Jo to go on the run from the scene? Don’t understand that at all.

Bwuk

He’s dead. People are over thinking it. He was filming Bloodlands, it was just a quick cameo because he wanted to appear in LoD.

United Hobbit

Why did Kate go on the run, and then go all loopy about being framed, when she could've just... stayed there and explain what happened? Everyone already knew Pilkington was bent, that her life was potentially under threat, and she had a witness...And why did Jo need to pretend to have shot Pilkington in self defence when Kate could've just also said that? It felt like I'd missed a whole chunk of episode at the start there...

If they drag H into another season, I'll fecking....... just be quite annoyed to be honest.
Exactly, see my post above wondering the same thing. She had been authorised to carry that gun due to the concerns about Ryan, she would have been justified in shooting him as he was about to shoot her. She's made some completely weird decisions regarding Jo this season eg tipping her off that Ryan was after her, seems completely unlike her.
Also agree it was weird Jo saying she shot him, when Kate was justified in shooting him.
It was weird as well how they didn't interview Kate properly, Carmicheal just releasing her was a bit odd, especially after Jo lying unnecessarily about who shot him

Zen

He’s dead. People are over thinking it. He was filming Bloodlands, it was just a quick cameo because he wanted to appear in LoD.
Well he could of been like Daniel Craig and appeared in a less relevant way.... like a Storm Trooper, if that was the case.

youngrell

Re: Kate going on the run. I assume it was to give her time to try to talk to Jo, she knew Steve etc were on the way and if Jo got arrested she’d have no chance to talk to her.

She then got shifty because they managed to track her, so she assumed Steve had told them about the car.

Jo took the heat to a) show Kate she can be trusted and b) so Kate could get released, I assume.

acnumber9

Re: Kate going on the run. I assume it was to give her time to try to talk to Jo, she knew Steve etc were on the way and if Jo got arrested she’d have no chance to talk to her.

She then got shifty because they managed to track her, so she assumed Steve had told them about the car.

Jo took the heat to a) show Kate she can be trusted and b) so Kate could get released, I assume.
If that’s what happened I can only assume they edited out about 5 minutes of footage because what they showed was an awful way to convey that.

Mockney

Exactly, see my post above wondering the same thing. She had been authorised to carry that gun due to the concerns about Ryan, she would have been justified in shooting him as he was about to shoot her. She's made some completely weird decisions regarding Jo this season eg tipping her off that Ryan was after her, seems completely unlike her.
Also agree it was weird Jo saying she shot him, when Kate was justified in shooting him.
It was weird as well how they didn't interview Kate properly, Carmicheal just releasing her was a bit odd, especially after Jo lying unnecessarily about who shot him
Yeah, Kate has been a complete idiot throughout the season. Even on the car ride where Jo kept insisting she wasn't bent, after having JUST set her up to be murdered, and explained that they'd had control over her from the beginning, she was just like "well, youre making it a bit hard for me to believe you, but I guess I will..." Also I realise the whole "give me your gun" thing was for plot purposes, but also, like...maybe, no?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
A little underwhelming, they are clearly going to do at least another season because there is far too much to do in a single episode.

United Hobbit

Yeah, Kate has been a complete idiot throughout the season. Even on the car ride where Jo kept insisting she wasn't bent, after having JUST set her up to be murdered, and explained that they'd had control over her from the beginning, she was just like "well, youre making it a bit hard for me to believe you, but I guess I will..." Also I realise the whole "give me your gun" thing was for plot purposes, but also, like...maybe, no?
I know she's probably not AC12, but she's got so overly close to Jo, I can't make it out, even when Ted was being investigated last season, yes she was reluctant but got on with it, yet Jo the sun seems to shine out her backside! Good point about just going off with her when she'd just set her up to be murdered!
During the stand off, I actually thought Kate was going to shoot Carmichael! You could almost see it going through the back of her mind.
There MUST be a reason behind it all, she could have fully justified shooting Ryan, she had been told by AC12 he was a piece of work, hence why she had that gun. It doesn't make sense and is bugging me!

Mockney

I mean, potentially... but then it still didnt really explain why everyone else in the police force, including Steve & Hastings, were treating it like an incredibly serious and controversial matter that a seasoned and trusted anti-corruption officer had just shot someone everyone knew was an OCG plant suspected of wanting to kill her?... I mean, I'd love for all police shootings to be taken that seriously in real life, but it didn't really chime with anything else we'd seen in this show.

It felt like they needed a big action moment up top to balance out that the rest of the ep was an interrogation, and just thought "this'll do I guess?"

Brophs

The One and Only
It was alright. Most of the quibbles have been mentioned already, but yeah, Kate going on the run was such an odd thing to do. It made no sense in any context, unless they're just going to wrap it up next week.

The interview wasn't up to much. The way Carmichael was heading off any questions into corruption was so plainly obvious that it must have just been played that way to make it clear to the audience what was happening, as they worried anything more subtle could be missed. She barely stopped short of grabbing Ted by the collar and screaming "Can you please, for the love of all that is pissing sacred, stop asking about corruption, you massive helmet"

That car chase scene thought it looked quite Bourne-ish, but in reality was just a Richard Hammond driving a Daewoo clip from Top Gear.

The team going with the "By the way, your uncle banged your mum so suck on that" was a weird one.

Those prison officers just rocking up at the end of the corridor to intimidate Jo. Have they appeared before or is my mind failing me?

hobbers

It's quite weird having a season where the main antagonists are either speculated or restricted to just appearing as a picture of them wearing shades in Spain

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
The other issue is who could H be that has already appeared in the show that could have the gravitas and oomph of a 6/7 season reveal.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It was alright. Most of the quibbles have been mentioned already, but yeah, Kate going on the run was such an odd thing to do. It made no sense in any context, unless they're just going to wrap it up next week.

The interview wasn't up to much. The way Carmichael was heading off any questions into corruption was so plainly obvious that it must have just been played that way to make it clear to the audience what was happening, as they worried anything more subtle could be missed. She barely stopped short of grabbing Ted by the collar and screaming "Can you please, for the love of all that is pissing sacred, stop asking about corruption, you massive helmet"

That car chase scene thought it looked quite Bourne-ish, but in reality was just a Richard Hammond driving a Daewoo clip from Top Gear.

The team going with the "By the way, your uncle banged your mum so suck on that" was a weird one.

Those prison officers just rocking up at the end of the corridor to intimidate Jo. Have they appeared before or is my mind failing me?
They were the one's who poured boiling hot water on Denton.

Roane

Is another season confirmed or are they ending the whole thing?

Last episode tends to be 1.5hrs to be fair.
Think the last episode is only 1 hour long.

Personally doubt if this will be the last season. In fact I recall Jed saying in an interview earlier this year that he was trying hard not to wrap it up with this season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I mean, potentially... but then it still didnt really explain why everyone else in the police force, including Steve & Hastings, were treating it like an incredibly serious and controversial matter that a seasoned and trusted anti-corruption officer had just shot someone everyone knew was an OCG plant suspected of wanting to kill her?... I mean, I'd love for all police shootings to be taken that seriously in real life, but it didn't really chime with anything else we'd seen in this show.

It felt like they needed a big action moment up top to balance out that the rest of the ep was an interrogation, and just thought "this'll do I guess?"
Genuinely feels like this was it. I think they just fancied a car chase.

Moby

Dick
Yeah that car chase was a bit forced. The initial 10 odd minutes were a bit too hollywood-ish but the rest of it was good. 30 minute long interrogation is what I watch this shiz for. The part about her family history was quite disturbing. Having something like that being revealed to you for the first time in such a setting can be horrifying.