Television Line Of Duty (BBC TV Series)

Roane

So it seems the last episode will be 90 minutes long and a possible H reveal

Roane

no and probably no.

In the discussion yesterday I wrote that it was 1 hour long and I suspected there would be another season due to Jed saying he was trying to get another season, in about March time he said this.

Earlier on though I read a piece, on my Google page, that said it was 90 minutes and a H reveal was in the offing.

Could be wrong.

In the discussion yesterday I wrote that it was 1 hour long and I suspected there would be another season due to Jed saying he was trying to get another season, in about March time he said this.

Earlier on though I read a piece, on my Google page, that said it was 90 minutes and a H reveal was in the offing.

Could be wrong.
it’s been confirmed it’s 60 mins for the episode.

whether H gets revealed… I’d be surprised as that wraps everything up, and as you say another season is on the cards. The viewing figures are massive, so as long as Jed wants it, he will get it.

Roane

it’s been confirmed it’s 60 mins for the episode.

whether H gets revealed… I’d be surprised as that wraps everything up, and as you say another season is on the cards. The viewing figures are massive, so as long as Jed wants it, he will get it.
Fair enough. As I said I'd initially said the last episode was 1 hour and a potential 7th series.

FYI it's the independent that is reporting 90 minutes and a potential reveal

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Wow. So much effort into guessing what will happen. Why not just watch next week and find out?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wow. So much effort into guessing what will happen. Why not just watch next week and find out?
I wish this logic was applied to the football forums.

I'll be avoiding this thread until I've watched.
Its actually a nice change to watch an episode a week. If they were on demand, I would have watched the lot in one, maybe two evenings and not got the same enjoyment.

it’s bloody frustrating because we are used to consuming everything NOW. But it’s been a nice change to actually talk about the show as it’s going on, with friends and family as well.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Its actually a nice change to watch an episode a week. If they were on demand, I would have watched the lot in one, maybe two evenings and not got the same enjoyment.

it’s bloody frustrating because we are used to consuming everything NOW. But it’s been a nice change to actually talk about the show as it’s going on, with friends and family as well.
Agreed! I think having weekly episodes is underrated and I have enjoyed it with the marvel series too.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

I like to let the storyteller tell their story. I know others don't.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So I’ve been thinking about his character and how despite being straight as a die in 99% of what he does, there’s always this under current of suspicion and unexplainable behaviour with him. I think Mercurio had kind of used Davidson this season as a parallel to him - she’s someone who isn’t a bad person and never set out to be a bent copper for personal gain or glory, it’s just that personal circumstances lead to her being in a compromising position where she could be threatened and controlled and with every favour she’s done for the OCG, the more incriminating evidence they hold over her.

I think that’s what we are going to see with Hastings, he’s not going to be heavily involved with the OCG and H but he is going to have a history of:

1. Being aware of corruption as a young copper and saying nothing at the time (possibly related to the troubles) - that’s what made him want to work for anti-corruption and someone still holds something over him.

2. His personal circumstances and wealth, we already know a bit about this. They tried to corrupt him this way with the 100k and he was stupid/desperate enough to fall for it however was lucky enough for it all to get covered up. The 50k to Corbett’s wife was him wanting to get rid of it and feeling guilty because he was trying to be too smart talking to the OCG himself (because he’s obsessed with H) and fecked up.

Both of the above means he’s got a bit of a checkered past which makes him weak but he’s still going to be fundamentally good and just desperate to crack the case.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
So I’ve been thinking about his character and how despite being straight as a die in 99% of what he does, there’s always this under current of suspicion and unexplainable behaviour with him. I think Mercurio had kind of used Davidson this season as a parallel to him - she’s someone who isn’t a bad person and never set out to be a bent copper for personal gain or glory, it’s just that personal circumstances lead to her being in a compromising position where she could be threatened and controlled and with every favour she’s done for the OCG, the more incriminating evidence they hold over her.

I think that’s what we are going to see with Hastings, he’s not going to be heavily involved with the OCG and H but he is going to have a history of:

1. Being aware of corruption as a young copper and saying nothing at the time (possibly related to the troubles) - that’s what made him want to work for anti-corruption and someone still holds something over him.

2. His personal circumstances and wealth, we already know a bit about this. They tried to corrupt him this way with the 100k and he was stupid/desperate enough to fall for it however was lucky enough for it all to get covered up. The 50k to Corbett’s wife was him wanting to get rid of it and feeling guilty because he was trying to be too smart talking to the OCG himself (because he’s obsessed with H) and fecked up.

Both of the above means he’s got a bit of a checkered past which makes him weak but he’s still going to be fundamentally good and just desperate to crack the case.
Get a life

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
i really don’t know what this means?

it sounds like you are up your own arse! But I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.
It means I avoid spoilers and pointless speculation and let the storytellers tell their story. If others get enjoyment from speculation great.

Don't give a toss what you think TBH so I'd save you benefit of the doubt for someone who cares.

Last edited:
It means I avoid spoilers and pointless speculation and let the storytellers tell their story.

Don't give a toss what you think TBH so I'd save you benefit of the doubt for someone who cares.
why do you bother even posting and looking in a Line of Duty thread?

Because I watch the show. Why do you think? It just amazes me how much effort people put into trying to guess what is going to happen. If they do then great even if I find it odd.
ok. I think it’s part of the fun. I’m probably with you, I haven’t put any thought into what will happen - I have no theories or suspects. However, i do enjoy easing about the speculation - especially on a show like this, where you can almost be certain that everyone will be wrong.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Everyone talking about this and my wife started watching it yesterday.

I was intrigued by the hype but then I realised that it's been round for ages? Why has it suddenly become so popular?

Also, my wife is watching the season with Lenny James, is that half way into the show? It all seems to make sense to her...

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Everyone talking about this and my wife started watching it yesterday.

I was intrigued by the hype but then I realised that it's been round for ages? Why has it suddenly become so popular?

Also, my wife is watching the season with Lenny James, is that half way into the show? It all seems to make sense to her...
The season with Lenny James is the first season

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
ok. I think it’s part of the fun. I’m probably with you, I haven’t put any thought into what will happen - I have no theories or suspects. However, i do enjoy easing about the speculation - especially on a show like this, where you can almost be certain that everyone will be wrong.
People get their fun different ways and that is fair enough. I get my pleasure in these things from being suprised so I find speculation can only spoil the suprise.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Oh right no wonder it looks so old. But the question remains, why has this suddenly become so popular?
I’m not too sure, I think the earlier seasons were overall better but it seems to have exploded in popularity over the last couple of seasons. I assume lockdown has also contributed to people picking up new TV shows.

macheda14

Oh right no wonder it looks so old. But the question remains, why has this suddenly become so popular?
It's always been very popular. It's just been a few years since the last season so the buzz around this one is bigger. In the intervening years I'd imagine more people have watched the prior seasons as they all seem to be on netflix.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It's always been very popular. It's just been a few years since the last season so the buzz around this one is bigger. In the intervening years I'd imagine more people have watched the prior seasons as they all seem to be on netflix.
Fair.

I’m not too sure, I think the earlier seasons were overall better but it seems to have exploded in popularity over the last couple of seasons. I assume lockdown has also contributed to people picking up new TV shows.
This makes sense.

I've already missed a few eps so I'll probably not watch it but it does look decent.

Stephen Graham being in it at some point it's tempting me. Love that guy. One of my fav actors.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
In the UK only 1 season is on Netflix, but all are on iplayer.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'm convinced H is none other than that corrupt witch Home minister Priti Patel.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
20/1 at the bookies for Kate to he revealed as H. I've re-watched the first 3 seasons and she's my current odds on favourite.

I'm also thinking that Thurwell might be living in Stephs house and the money is his [\spolier]

Guy Incognito

It built a following on BBC Two, I think the first three series were on midweek evenings and it grew from there.

People like a whodunnit, the interrogation scenes and Tedisms make it what it is. And it's a throwback to a time when there was appointment-to-view TV (although it makes for great binge watching).

stepic

Finally caught up with it

Nice to see others finding it beyond weird Kate did a runner after the shooting. Made no sense that at all. I mean justifiably using lethal force legally was the entire set up to one of the seasons.

And Carmichael is either obviously bent herself or utterly incompetent to not be looking at the bigger picture. Neither option is great for a supposedly smart/strong character