Lingard to join West Ham on loan

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
On occasions I was sitting at my desk crying my eyes out, but I still produced quality work over an almost 4 year period and he gets paid more in a week than I get paid in a year. That's because I needed the money to live on, unlike our Jesse who was happy to take his enormous salary every week, sufficient to pay for all the professional assistance he could possibly have required, without putting in the effort on the pitch. Magically, he has remembered how to kick a ball now. If he was unhappy at United and the opportunities he was getting to play, then he should have asked for a transfer in the summer, or in January last year. Seems he was more interested in his inflated pay packet which no one else was going to pay him.

Like I said, he can feck off and good riddance.
Yep. No one forced him to play like crap for 16 months straight with one goal and one assist (something like that).

Jezpeza

No he isn’t
seconded. One dimensional player and few teams are going to play a nice open game against us. We have sancho, sterling, rashford and hudson odoi for wide positions and foden, maddison, grealish and alli even barkley all probably offer more than him. Not getting a sniff

Tallis

Possibly our best or second best chance of making a transfer fee this summer.

RealBarcelonaUnited

If he keeps up his form, we can demand a straight swap for Rice :angel:

Really don't get the hate for Lingard. Contributed to a couple of cup wins in one of our most dire era of football. Not his fault that our management decided to give him a bumper deal knowing his (lack-of) ability. Chuffed that he is doing so well tbh.

stevoc

Lingard didn't 'stink the place out', he just wasn't able to perform to the required standard of United at all times. Can you blame him for wanting to stay at his boyhood club, even though it was for the best that he move elsewhere? He still won the FA Cup here (scored the winner), won the Europa League, won the Community shield, was heavily involved in local community engagements etc. He was a Manc playing for United and England! That's as good as it gets. Any issues and bitterness you have about Lingard staying at United for as long as he did should be directed at the club and management for keeping him around, not the player himself.
Feck sake he's not from Manchester. How has this became a thing?

Nickelodeon

hubbuh

Yes.

And?
Fair enough. Think you're splitting hairs myself. Gary Neville was born in Bury. Phil Foden is from Stockport. Or do players have to be born strictly within the M60 to qualify? Warrington or not, Lingard was often seen interacting with young kids in Manchester and made a big impact.

stevoc

Fair enough. Think you're splitting hairs myself. Gary Neville was born in Bury. Phil Foden is from Stockport. Or do players have to be born strictly within the M60 to qualify? Warrington or not,
Well i'm not the arbiter of these things but generally yeah to be considered to be from a certain City you strangely enough have come from that city or at least the metropolitan area. If you're including Warrington in that (where Lingard was born and lived until he left school). Then what else are we including Macclesfield? Huddersfiled? Liverpool? Where does it end?

Lingard was often seen interacting with young kids in Manchester and made a big impact.
I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to say here. If he drove around Liverpool interacting with young kids would that make him a scouser?

RedDevilzFox

Manc or not he was a crap player that never should have been given so much rope. Its a sign of our times when the expectations are so low we go out of our way to justify rubbish players at United. Everyone has personal problems in their life, at least he has to deal with his problems while driving bentley and living in plush mansions never once having to worry about real life that hits most people. Oh, all that while he peddles his shit brand jlinz or whatever the hell it is called. Who'd want to be caught dead wearing that god awful apparel?

hubbuh

Well i'm not the arbiter of these things but generally yeah to be considered to be from a certain City you strangely enough have come from that city or at least the metropolitan area. If you're including Warrington in that (where Lingard was born and lived until he left school). Then what else are we including Macclesfield? Huddersfiled? Liverpool? Where does it end?

I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to say here. If he drove around Liverpool interacting with young kids would that make him a scouser?
Can you try communicate with me like a normal person and not be condescending and patronising? We're having a straightforward conversation here.

It just seems like a bit of an arbitrary cut off. Neville and Foden wouldn't be classed as Mancs under this remit. I have a friend from Uxbridge who people from Islington wouldn't class as a Londoner and I always found that a bit odd.

Obviously not. It makes a big difference for kids growing up to see their local idols out on the streets interacting with them. I can bet you 99% of those lot saw Lingard as 'one of their own'. Yes he wasn't born within the M60 but I'd like to think they were able to forgive him for that. It'd be amazing for kids if Bruno pulled up in his car and started chatting to them, but there's something extra special when it's a local player that started at United when he was 7 and before that played in small, Sunday league teams on the same sort of pitches that they do.

largelyworried

Fair enough. Think you're splitting hairs myself. Gary Neville was born in Bury. Phil Foden is from Stockport. Or do players have to be born strictly within the M60 to qualify? Warrington or not, Lingard was often seen interacting with young kids in Manchester and made a big impact.
I don't have a hard on for players being born in Manchester or not, and as far as I'm concerned Lingard is one of our own. However can we just be clear that fecking Warrington is not a part of Manchester in any way, or even close to it? I feel very anxious this point gets cleared up. Warrington ffs, its practically Liverpool.

Stockport and Bury are unquestionably part of Manchester by the way.

hubbuh

I don't have a hard on for players being born in Manchester or not, and as far as I'm concerned Lingard is one of our own. However can we just be clear that fecking Warrington is not a part of Manchester in any way, or even close to it? I feel very anxious this point gets cleared up. Warrington ffs, its practically Liverpool.

Is Stockport unquestionably part of Manchester?! My uncle is from there and wouldn't say so. He's a Liverpool fan.

And how can Lingard be one of our own if he's not a Mancunian? How does the 'one of our own' thing work? Anyone from the academy? Is Beckham one of our own? McTominay?

largelyworried

Is Stockport unquestionably part of Manchester?! My uncle is from there and wouldn't say so. He's a Liverpool fan.
Yes. Sorry about your uncle.

And how can Lingard be one of our own if he's not a Mancunian? How does the 'one of our own' thing work? Anyone from the academy? Is Beckham one of our own? McTominay?
Lingard has been at united since he was a kid, played at every level and gave it his all at the club until, sadly, it became apparent he wasn't going to make the cut. For me that's enough. You don't need to define a time range or draw a geographic circle or whatever, that's not how these things work.

stevoc

Can you try communicate with me like a normal person and not be condescending and patronising? We're having a straightforward conversation here.
I thought I was, I wasn't intending to patronise or condescend.

It just seems like a bit of an arbitrary cut off. Neville and Foden wouldn't be classed as Mancs under this remit. I have a friend from Uxbridge who people from Islington wouldn't class as a Londoner and I always found that a bit odd.

Obviously not. It makes a big difference for kids growing up to see their local idols out on the streets interacting with them. I can bet you 99% of those lot saw Lingard as 'one of their own'. Yes he wasn't born within the M60 but I'd like to think they were able to forgive him for that. It'd be amazing for kids if Bruno pulled up in his car and started chatting to them, but there's something extra special when it's a local player that started at United when he was 7 and before that played in small, Sunday league teams on the same sort of pitches that they do.
I'm not actually suggesting any cut off beyond what is considered general convention.

Bury is in greater Manchester so Neville would be considered a Manc by most. Warrington on the other hand though isn't even in greater Manchester. Its actually almost as close to Liverpool.

Lingard is a boyhood United fan who's been at United most of his life. Why that connection isn't enough and some people are trying to propagate a myth that he's also from Manchester I don't know.

Judas

Open to offers
Not sure I'll ever truly understand the rage and genuine hate for this bloke, it's quite odd the venom towards him. You'd think he was a scum bag, constantly bad mouthing the club and fans, stealing a living literally never contributed anything on the pitch the way some go on about him.

George the Cat

Not sure I'll ever truly understand the rage and genuine hate for this bloke, it's quite odd the venom towards him. You'd think he was a scum bag, constantly bad mouthing the club and fans, stealing a living literally never contributed anything on the pitch the way some go on about him.
It’s the social media thing isn’t it? I think the haters think he is making a fool of himself on social media.
Whats the betting he scores on Sunday Anyway.

AgentSmith

It’s the social media thing isn’t it? I think the haters think he is making a fool of himself on social media.
Whats the betting he scores on Sunday Anyway.
I’ll give you odds of 10,000/1 that he doesn’t score on Sunday. Worth a punt.

AgentSmith

Ahh forgot, can’t play can he!
Thankfully not!

The form he’s in compared to us and I think you’re right, definitely would’ve scored. And then done a dance to top it off.

Would’ve made the people triggered by Dalot’s celebrations last night internally implode.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Thankfully not!

The form he’s in compared to us and I think you’re right, definitely would’ve scored. And then done a dance to top it off.

Would’ve made the people triggered by Dalot’s celebrations last night internally implode.
Is it true?

I thought loan players cant play was a video games thing?

Hailee

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...all-news/lingard-man-united-west-ham-20131060

Moyes wants Lingard at West Ham permanently, we really could end up getting a good fee for him if he continues his good form there.
It will probably be a small fee, it's COVID season and we really don't want the guy. He also commands a pretty high wage.

If I were Moyes I would call our bluff and ask for a free transfer. What are we going to do, say no and take him back to pay him huge wages to sit on the bench? It's not like there will be a bidding war for JLingz.

But I bet it will end up with a small token fee to improve relations.

AgentSmith

It will probably be a small fee, it's COVID season and we really don't want the guy. He also commands a pretty high wage.

If I were Moyes I would call our bluff and ask for a free transfer. What are we going to do, say no and take him back to pay him huge wages to sit on the bench? It's not like there will be a bidding war for JLingz.

But I bet it will end up with a small token fee to improve relations.
I imagine there’s quite a few other teams in the league who would be more than happy to jump the queue ahead of West Ham if they started demanding ridiculous things like that.

We should be looking at a minimum of £15 million. Potentially more if Lingard‘s form continues.

Hailee

I imagine there’s quite a few other teams in the league who would be more than happy to jump the queue ahead of West Ham if they started demanding ridiculous things like that.

We should be looking at a minimum of £15 million. Potentially more if Lingard‘s form continues.
Which teams? £15 million + £100,000 a week wages is very hefty. He also only has one year left in his contract. It's not the price that lower table clubs will want to fork out in this current financial environment. Remember it was a really hard time to even loan Lingard out in the first place with us demanding a loan fee.

Turning down a move for him will only cause him to become a locker room cancer. We also do not want the reputation of creating a second Romero situation.

Cast5

Im from Warrington myself and the fact that you said it’s practically Liverpool is offensive :lol:

Warrington is 30 mins from Manchester and 30 mins from Liverpool about the same distance apart, no one would say “it’s not close to Manchester” though, Although it’s definitely not Liverpool and definitely not Manchester.

Stockport and Bury are part of Greater Manchester, Warrington is Cheshire and Liverpool is Merseyside.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
It will probably be a small fee,
Make him part of the Rice-deal then. He valued Rice at £100 mill recently, right? Surely an attacker is worth more, all else equal. Considering Rice is younger, we could value Lingard at £50 mill. Sounds fair!

In a normal market, you would probably consider £20-25 mill for Lingard fair. And Rice is probably a player you could value at £50-60 mill, but considering we got Lingard we could just play along with them (if we want Rice and they Lingard).

It would also give both clubs a huge profit on them considering they are acadamy product, with book value at zero.

AgentSmith

Which teams? £15 million + £100,000 a week wages is very hefty. He also only has one year left in his contract. It's not the price that lower table clubs will want to fork out in this current financial environment. Remember it was a really hard time to even loan Lingard out in the first place with us demanding a loan fee.

Turning down a move for him will only cause him to become a locker room cancer. We also do not want the reputation of creating a second Romero situation.
Aside from West Ham I could see Everton, Spurs or Villa all liking him at that price. Maybe Leicester as well.

And then pretty much every club in the bottom 10 but wages would make that a hard sell like you say.

Main point being I don’t think we’re going to struggle to get a reasonable fee for him if he maintains his current form.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ard-opens-family-agony-Manchester-United.html

Don't tell me this isn't a PR exercise. Don't miss out on a couple of pics specifically taken for this interview.

This is a player who gave us nothing on the pitch and was out giving exclusive interviews rather than making things right.

What I find disgusting is the lack of context judgmental posters like you have.
Reading that article plus the recent comments from the manager, can only conclude the lad might not be thinking of coming back to United. Maybe it’s time for us fans to let him be and rebuild his football career wherever he ends up.

RashyForPM

Fair to say that they look a shadow of the team they are when he doesn’t play. Compare they way they deserved results against Spurs and City to how they didn’t create a single chance last night.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Fair to say that they look a shadow of the team they are when he doesn’t play. Compare they way they deserved results against Spurs and City to how they didn’t create a single chance last night.
I’d concur. I refrain from using demeaning statements like “his level”. We all play in the same league and against the same clubs. It’s also the players from similar clubs we look at to improve our team.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
On occasions I was sitting at my desk crying my eyes out, but I still produced quality work over an almost 4 year period and he gets paid more in a week than I get paid in a year. That's because I needed the money to live on, unlike our Jesse who was happy to take his enormous salary every week, sufficient to pay for all the professional assistance he could possibly have required, without putting in the effort on the pitch. Magically, he has remembered how to kick a ball now. If he was unhappy at United and the opportunities he was getting to play, then he should have asked for a transfer in the summer, or in January last year. Seems he was more interested in his inflated pay packet which no one else was going to pay him.

Like I said, he can feck off and good riddance.
This speaks to me on a spiritual level

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is nice to see:

UpWithRivers

If he was a West Ham player they would be asking 80 mill for him. Watch him get sold to them for 10.