Lingard to join West Ham on loan

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
The guy's a cnut. Stank the place out for 2 years, or more, taking his enormous salary, crying about his personal circumstances.

Suddenly, he goes to West Ham and it's all better now?

Hopefully, we can con a big fee out of them and he can feck off.

Bristol_Red_87

Great too see Jesse pulling up trees at WHU, it can only be good for us, either in terms of his potential return or a decent fee.

I'm off to the FPL thread to see if i should get him in next week.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Wow. You’re a genuinely nasty piece of work, aren’t you?
Amazing, isn't it, I literally took you off ignore a couple of hours ago and you're already stalking me and insulting me. Are you obsessed or something, leave me alone, there's much worse bollocks posted in the United Forum than this.

Do you deny that he was stinking the place out for over 2 years? He can piss off to West Ham for all I care, then we can get someone in who actually gives a shit.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Amazing, isn't it, I literally took you off ignore a couple of hours ago and you're already stalking me and insulting me. Are you obsessed or something, leave me alone, there's much worse bollocks posted in the United Forum than this.

Do you deny that he was stinking the place out for over 2 years? He can piss off to West Ham for all I care, then we can get someone in who actually gives a shit.
The “crying about his personal circumstances” comment was crass beyond belief. And even more unbelievable coming from someone with first-hand experience of how stressful it is to support someone who is mentally ill.

Nickelodeon

The guy's a cnut. Stank the place out for 2 years, or more, taking his enormous salary, crying about his personal circumstances.

My boy is going to fetch us a 20 plus million fee. Hopefully, no one at United is fooled by this sudden upturn in form. He clearly seems like the type of player who can be half decent when he wants to be. Failing at West Ham would've been an end to his extravagant salary demands and now given a year left on his contract, he'll probably con another 80-100k a week contract before fecking off to mediocrity again.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
My boy is going to fetch us a 20 plus million fee. Hopefully, no one at United is fooled by this sudden upturn in form. He clearly seems like the type of player who can be half decent when he wants to be. Failing at West Ham would've been an end to his extravagant salary demands and now given a year left on his contract, he'll probably con another 80-100k a week contract before fecking off to mediocrity again.
Steady on mate, you don't want to be accused of being a nasty piece of work now, do you? :nono:

Your move @Pogue Mahone ???

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Hopefully his good form continues AS LONG as that enables us to shit him for a decent fee, I dont want him back at OT, he just isnt up to it.

laughtersassassin

Least we should get a decent fee for him even with his contract expiring.

And it should get done early in the window too you'd think.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
The “crying about his personal circumstances” comment was crass beyond belief. And even more unbelievable coming from someone with first-hand experience of how stressful it is to support someone who is mentally ill.
On occasions I was sitting at my desk crying my eyes out, but I still produced quality work over an almost 4 year period and he gets paid more in a week than I get paid in a year. That's because I needed the money to live on, unlike our Jesse who was happy to take his enormous salary every week, sufficient to pay for all the professional assistance he could possibly have required, without putting in the effort on the pitch. Magically, he has remembered how to kick a ball now. If he was unhappy at United and the opportunities he was getting to play, then he should have asked for a transfer in the summer, or in January last year. Seems he was more interested in his inflated pay packet which no one else was going to pay him.

Like I said, he can feck off and good riddance.

jackal&hyde

If he keeps up this form until the end of the season, and gets West Ham in the top 5, there'd be a good argument for both him and Rice to start.
For England? You have a bunch of attacking players with arguably WC potential that barely get game time. Playing Lingard in place of Mount, Foden, Grealish not to mention Rashford, Kane, Sancho and Sterling would be insane.

K Stand Knut

On occasions I was sitting at my desk crying my eyes out, but I still produced quality work over an almost 4 year period and he gets paid more in a week than I get paid in a year. That's because I needed the money to live on, unlike our Jesse who was happy to take his enormous salary every week, sufficient to pay for all the professional assistance he could possibly have required, without putting in the effort on the pitch. Magically, he has remembered how to kick a ball now. If he was unhappy at United and the opportunities he was getting to play, then he should have asked for a transfer in the summer, or in January last year. Seems he was more interested in his inflated pay packet which no one else was going to pay him.

as above.

You come across as a prick.

Nickelodeon

Steady on mate, you don't want to be accused of being a nasty piece of work now, do you? :nono:

Your move @Pogue Mahone ???

Lingard is the worst attacking player I have ever seen play for us. Seeing him in our lineup over the past two years has been rage-inducing and not once did he prove me wrong.

I'll stay clear of commenting on Lingard's personal situation but I remember that after our 2-1 win at Etihad last season in which he played an average game (marked improvement though), suddenly the narrative was spun towards how he has managed a difficult situation and now we will see the best of him. We all know how the rest of the season turned out for him.

I've been waiting for the day he leaves our club ever since his cringy 0.001% tweet.

SirScholes

agree with this

you should know better than anyone then shouldn’t you.

you produced work, was it your best? Doubtful. were you striving to be the best? Again, no offence, doubtful.

Lingard was always available

when you are an athlete, you don’t have to be off your game by much for it to really show.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
For England? You have a bunch of attacking players with arguably WC potential that barely get game time. Playing Lingard in place of Mount, Foden, Grealish not to mention Rashford, Kane, Sancho and Sterling would be insane.
I agree that there are far better players, but in Rice and Lingard you've got two players who will have played together and who are well known to be liked by Southgate.

Not saying it's going to happen, or I would opt for it, but I can see the thinking that could be behind a decision to play them.

If it was me, my starting England XI would look like:

Henderson

TAA/James* Stones Maguire Shaw

Rice Henderson

Sancho Grealish Rashford

Kane

*Opting for James against more attacking teams

The Original

There was never a moment Jesse looked like he wasn't trying. It's really strange for me seeing how bitter you are towards him...

Of all the things you can accuse him of, not caring is certainly not one.

And, if I might add, if you are envious of Jesse's wages then go off and do something exceptional with your life. You might be surprised to learn that athletes aren't the only ones who earn big money.

Wherever you are now is a consequence of the input you have put into your own life.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
you should know better than anyone then shouldn’t you.

you produced work, was it your best? Doubtful. were you striving to be the best? Again, no offence, doubtful.

Lingard was always available

when you are an athlete, you don’t have to be off your game by much for it to really show.
You know this for a fact, presumably? Did I stink the place out for 4 years, no I fecking didn't. In fact, concentrating on my work helped me to take my mind off my situation.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
There was never a moment Jesse looked like he wasn't trying. It's really strange for me seeing how bitter you are towards him...

Of all the things you can accuse him of, not caring is certainly not one.

And, if I might add, if you are envious of Jesse's wages then go off and do something exceptional with your life. You might be surprised to learn that athletes aren't the only ones who earn big money.

Wherever you are now is a consequence of the input you have put into your own life.
I disagree strongly, compared to Andres, who most definitely was trying, just is not very good. Lingard can be good, and he is being good at West Ham now, indicates that he couldn't be arsed being good at United.

hubbuh

You know this for a fact, presumably? Did I stink the place out for 4 years, no I fecking didn't. In fact, concentrating on my work helped me to take my mind off my situation.
Lingard didn't 'stink the place out', he just wasn't able to perform to the required standard of United at all times. Can you blame him for wanting to stay at his boyhood club, even though it was for the best that he move elsewhere? He still won the FA Cup here (scored the winner), won the Europa League, won the Community shield, was heavily involved in local community engagements etc. He was a Manc playing for United and England! That's as good as it gets. Any issues and bitterness you have about Lingard staying at United for as long as he did should be directed at the club and management for keeping him around, not the player himself.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
There’s a world of difference between filling out spreadsheets and the sort of focus and discipline you need to be an elite athlete. Even what seems like a trivial consequence like not getting enough sleep, dealing with his mum’s illness, could cause him to be off the pace in a PL match.

And seeing as you found work a form of comfort, then isn’t it obvious why he preferred to stay at his boyhood club rather than create another upheaval during such a stressful time?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
If he keeps up this form until the end of the season, and gets West Ham in the top 5, there'd be a good argument for both him and Rice to start.
It's Southgate. He has his favourites and will try to play them whenever possible. Lingard is in that group.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Lingard's best performances for us seemed to come at a time/in games where teams felt they could match us/open up. It's why he thrived during the down-times with Mourinho and when Ole first took over.

As soon as teams started to play deeper/sit back, he struggled to assert himself in games.

The fact he's thriving for West Ham - a team others are far less likely to sit back against compared to us - I think goes some way in explaining his good form.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Lingard was shit for the first half of last season, that's about it. Before that he was ok (not great, but not 'stank the place out' either), and after that he played a total of 6 games in the 12 months after Bruno joined. What player can get into form when they don't play?

He had personal issues at the beginning of 19/20 which probably resulted in that terrible form, and it was quite obvious that his confidence was completely gone which he was never able to recover. It wasn't a lack of effort. He just desperately needed a new start which he's now got at West Ham.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
If England try to fit all those guys in the same side, it’ll be QF at best. Insane or foolish decisions like selecting a Lingard should not be frowned upon.

that’s not what I said. I never said ‘stinking up the place’ - and I didn’t say that about you.

Can you honestly tell me that you worked to the very best of your ability?

Human nature says that’s very unlikely.

if you were say crying at your desk, you aren’t working as well as if everything was good were you?

would your employer have got more out of you if you were in a better state of mind?

You sound very bitter.

Nickelodeon

I see that the typical revisionism process has started. I genuinely thought that Lingard would be immune to that but now we have posters coming out with how he wasn’t that bad or was always trying.

He is an out and out attacking player who went a year and a half without a league goal or assist for us. Regarding his personal situation, it wasn’t that he came out at the start of the situation or towards the end of it. There was a good 10-12 month period where he ‘stank the place out’ before doing a PR fuelled exercise where he highlighted it as a reason for his poor performances. Post that, we saw more of his regular shitty performances before he was kicked away from the squad.

For all those justifying him, does the timing of his performances not ring a bell? When he had 3-4 years pending on his big money contract, there was a distinct lack of quality. Now that it is coming to an end, suddenly he is fit, quality and all fine on the personal front. He is a mercenary who’s just playing for a contract. Rest all is just noise.

arthurka

Don´t you remember how go he is at the moving thing and his entertaining shenanigans on the social media platforms.
He will make it to the squad due to his funny side and running around...

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Lingard was shit for the first half of last season, that's about it. Before that he was ok (not great, but not 'stank the place out' either), and after that he played a total of 6 games in the 12 months after Bruno joined. What player can get into form when they don't play?

He had personal issues at the beginning of 19/20 which probably resulted in that terrible form, and it was quite obvious that his confidence was completely gone which he was never able to recover. It wasn't a lack of effort. He just desperately needed a new start which he's now got at West Ham.
That’s a good/accurate summary.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Wow.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I'm sure it wasn't lost on Lingard that he was generally perceived as being not good enough by a majority of United fans. Tie that to hardly ever being picked by your manager, and for a guy that was himself of the opinion (true or not) that he was the fittest guy in the squad post restart then he probably just got himself into stodgy combination of 'lack of confidence + lack of opportunities to restore it' that was unsustainable, and would only be resolved with a fresh start.

Its great to see him doing well at West Ham. Genuinely. Great for the player, and it rescues a situation for United that look destined to reach a point where we just gave him away. Now we have a very saleable asset on our hands. More clubs than West Ham are going to want him and we could easily be looking at £20m+ this summer. It really is a win-win

Lots of players have found they can't perform at a big club when the pressure is on and you are every team's cup final. No shame in it but Lingard's just another in the long list, hope we get a good fee for him but he'll never make it here. We shouldn't be conned into letting him back.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905

Why do you cry so much yourself? Pathetic, shameful comment really.

First of all he was injured lately too, second of all he never played for United in his best role, which is a second striker or a LAM, LS. Everyone who watched him from youth years can confirm that. Obviously spending half his career out of position on the right never helps players. Now with WHU he´s one of their main man and he proves his worth. Obviously he´s gonna come out of form at some point and stop scoring some easier chances but he thrives in space beign one of the main attacking threats with a bit of freedom off the ball.

He´s a player who will get into chances which he might not convert but solely getting into them is a good trait which was often overlooked here and most fans and manager wanted a bit more and higher profile player and that indeed was clear to see we should get thevery best or better but currently Martial showing he´s not good enough himself might tell us a bit about desperation of some fans here. Yes I am talkign about you. No need to call names. Let him enjoy his time there, get some money for him and recruit better next time.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Soooooo.... £30m + Jessie and give us Rice then?

Nice and simple :D

Bwuk

I see that the typical revisionism process has started. I genuinely thought that Lingard would be immune to that but now we have posters coming out with how he wasn’t that bad or was always trying.

He is an out and out attacking player who went a year and a half without a league goal or assist for us. Regarding his personal situation, it wasn’t that he came out at the start of the situation or towards the end of it. There was a good 10-12 month period where he ‘stank the place out’ before doing a PR fuelled exercise where he highlighted it as a reason for his poor performances. Post that, we saw more of his regular shitty performances before he was kicked away from the squad.

For all those justifying him, does the timing of his performances not ring a bell? When he had 3-4 years pending on his big money contract, there was a distinct lack of quality. Now that it is coming to an end, suddenly he is fit, quality and all fine on the personal front. He is a mercenary who’s just playing for a contract. Rest all is just noise.
PR fuelled exercise? Disgusting comment.

There’s a world of difference between filling out spreadsheets and the sort of focus and discipline you need to be an elite athlete. Even what seems like a trivial consequence like not getting enough sleep, dealing with his mum’s illness, could cause him to be off the pace in a PL match.

And seeing as you found work a form of comfort, then isn’t it obvious why he preferred to stay at his boyhood club rather than create another upheaval during such a stressful time?
Spot on Pogue. Embarrassing comments from @Sassy Colin