Lionel Messi Has No Intention Of Renewing Paris Saint Germain Contract - Reports

SAFMUTD

I don't see him moving anywhere but MLS. It's either stay at PSG or go there, as great as he is he's a liability defensively and with the wages he earns I don't see many top teams interested.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I don't see him moving anywhere but MLS. It's either stay at PSG or go there, as great as he is he's a liability defensively and with the wages he earns I don't see many top teams interested.
But a MLS club wont pay him a lot.

SAFMUTD

But a MLS club wont pay him a lot.
They absolutely will, not anything ridiculous like the Saudis with Ronaldo but I can easily see someone from the MLS offering 300-500K wages.

The American market is huge. Every league they own generates ridiculous money. Even sports that are not even watched worldwide like Hockey. The MLS still has a lot to explote in the American market. Having the goat play in your league is a good marketing plan.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
They absolutely will, not anything ridiculous like the Saudis with Ronaldo but I can easily see someone from the MLS offering 300-500K wages.

The American market is huge. Every league they own generates ridiculous money. Even sports that are not even watched worldwide like Hockey. The MLS still has a lot to explote in the American market. Having the goat play in your league is a good marketing plan.
Saudi can probably offer 10 times more though. If it’s for money MLS may not be the best choice.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hope he goes back to the pit, he'd ruin them for good :drool: :drool: :drool:

dal

3 year £1billion contract, who could blame
Him.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
When it comes to Messi, outside of Newell's, you still have to factor in who can even think about paying him his salary, which immediately reduces the options to almost zero. Even then, the risk involved in a ginormous wage for a player who is 36 next season and has nothing left to play for, is beyond the scope of normal clubs.

It's oil/state, or him riding off into the sunset at the specific club of his choosing and nothing in between.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He is going to quit while he is ahead. This will be his last CL season IMO.

SAFMUTD

Saudi can probably offer 10 times more though. If it’s for money MLS may not be the best choice.
Surely if it's only about money then playing with the Saudis is the best call. We'll see though I don't imagine Messi playing there I don't know why but I think he'll play in the MLS.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Can see him going to the MLS. Beckham might be all over this. Or if he wants to renew his rivalry with Ronaldo then he could go to Saudi. I always thought them 2 would one day end up on the same team before both retire…. Maybe not.

RoyH1

Usual transfer gossip but read online his options are either Barca, Saudi or MLS. I doubt he'd stay in PSG though that's for sure
I don't think a return for Barsa in in the cards. How are they going to afford his wages and get them under the Spanish leagues wage structure?
Saudi or the MLS it is.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If I remember correctly his relationship with Laporta broke down completely.

wangyu

It’s going to be a great day when Ronaldo and Messi retire. I’m not fond of the circus.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The MLS as a whole will make sure it happens if it’s possible. It’s too much of marketing gold mine to pass up.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
not sure he has the legs for the PL it could suck what’s left of his playing career much like it did to Ronaldo

no thanks, not for the money and the fact he wouldnt fit in to ETHs vision of all working as a team

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Enjoy with care.

The club is definetly working on his return and it looks like Messi wants it too. But still, there are big obstacles to overcome first, so let's see what happens.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Enjoy with care.

The club is definetly working on his return and it looks like Messi wants it too. But still, there are big obstacles to overcome first, so let's see what happens.
Is he planning on playing for free?

dinostar77

I hope he goes back to barcelona only cause then to finance his ridicous wages, barcelona would hopefully sell frenkie to us.

Bwuk

He has absolutely no legs left. Barca would have too completely reshape themselves for him.

Unless they moved on Lewandowski and got another hard worker in then it won’t help them.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
If L'equipe and RMC reporting the same, then Messi is leaving for sure. Let's see if he returns for one last dance.

The Firestarter

If L'equipe and RMC reporting the same, then Messi is leaving for sure. Let's see if he returns for one last dance.
Is he going to play for free or you are gonna self half the team which might be needed anyways?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't understand why Barca would stall their rebuild for aging Messi, Lewandowski is not getting younger either.

They don't really need Messi to get domestic results either, all this does is making their attack more predictable, sounds like an emotional decision by Barca(if it happens).