Lionel Messi | PSG Watch

SerendipityNow

Supports
Barcelona
Everything we see from Messi now is just bonus. He will soon retire or move to mls. Even if they crash out today, 2 goals and 1 assist in 2 matches is pretty good considering how mediocre several of his team mates have played.

Sometimes I fantasize if Messi had played for Spain instead.

BerryBerryShrew

Everything we see from Messi now is just bonus. He will soon retire or move to mls. Even if they crash out today, 2 goals and 1 assist in 2 matches is pretty good considering how mediocre several of his team mates have played.

Sometimes I fantasize if Messi had played for Spain instead.
Given that he'd be sitting on World Cup and European Championship winners medals (as well as having a much better chance of going all the way in this current tournament) I'm sure Messi himself wishes the same!

Scottynaldinho

I'm just feeling sad for him. People just waiting for him to crash out so that they can claim he was never the goat. He's 35 ffs.

Probably the greatest footballer we've ever seen at the club level.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I'm just feeling sad for him. People just waiting for him to crash out so that they can claim he was never the goat. He's 35 ffs.

Probably the greatest footballer we've ever seen at the club level.
Innit, same with Ronaldo for the record, if they drop out it ain't going to be on a 35 year old Messi. He won't win a world cup and that is fine, hardly a massive blot on an absolutely incredible career.

We need an rvn

Anyone saying what him and Ronaldo are doing re moving to the US (possibly) and Saudi respectively will tarnish their legacy need to remember how maradona / best etc finished their careers - no one really cares about the crazed US World Cup maradona we saw or who best finished his career with - we look back at their peak years and how amazing they were

We’ll do the same with these two legends of the game for sure

tomaldinho1

Anyone saying what him and Ronaldo are doing re moving to the US (possibly) and Saudi respectively will tarnish their legacy need to remember how maradona / best etc finished their careers - no one really cares about the crazed US World Cup maradona we saw or who best finished his career with - we look back at their peak years and how amazing they were

We’ll do the same with these two legends of the game for sure
Also, whilst I think both have tribal fans who refuse to accept this, neither has really been that incredible for at least a few years now. They both masked their decline very well, essentially playing in teams that catered massively to them but they’ve earned it. Their legacies are secure, they were genuinely playing football on a different planet for the best part of a decade. We were lucky to have them. Maybe one of them will lift the WC, would be nice to see.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Does it matter? They will go through anyway.
I don't know about that, if Saudi go 1 up the pressure will be on in the second half.

The team is playing fairly well so far, good save for the pen too.

Irwin99

Penalty aside (and how many has he missed now in his career?) he's been lively. He might still have to come up with something in the second half.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Penalty aside (and how many has he missed now in his career?) he's been lively. He might still have to come up with something in the second half.
Agree he's been good apart from the pen.

Zen

The way people bang on about his penalty record just highlights the obscenely fine margins at this level.... he's shite at them with a 78% conversion record, Ronaldo isn't with an 82% record. Wayne Rooney was also commonly known as a bit shit with a 75% record.

Bit mad, but finding that Ramos taker requires you to casually decide for them to start taking at some point. Doing it in practice is one thing. Di Maria for instance has a record of 3-4 :lol:

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
The way people bang on about his penalty record just highlights the obscenely fine margins at this level.... he's shite at them with a 78% conversion record, Ronaldo isn't with an 82% record. Wayne Rooney was also commonly known as a bit shit with a 75% record.

Bit mad, but finding that Ramos taker requires you to casually decide for them to start taking at some point. Doing it in practice is one thing. Di Maria for instance has a record of 3-4 :lol:
Yeah and if anyone else had taken it and missed he would have taken absolute pelters for it too.

I'd say it takes some balls to step up and take a pen like that personally and I don't think very many on the team would be desperate to take that responsibility on either.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

I think its just 3 seasons in a row where he's fecked up an important penalty. Copa miss before that too.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I think its just 3 seasons in a row where he's fecked up an important penalty. Copa miss before that too.
They are winning today, so turns out this one wasn't really that important.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
He’s been really good apart from the penalty. I just love watching the man play. The best I’ve ever seen.
Yeah he has , rolled back the years with that run a couple of minutes ago but fluffed the shot.

I'll miss him once he's gone.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think it's a mixed game for him, good all around but really hit and miss in front of goal, but the fact that no one compares this performance with Lewandowski's performance in the same game tells you a lot how people watch Messi's performances :lol:

I mean, we are talking about player who left him dead for Ballon d'Or last year, and he did absolutely nothing today, and yet people only watch what Messi is doing entire game and analyze his every pass and move.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Being a bit greedy, but overall he's been great imo.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Unbelievable tonight, no way should he go to the MLS, just behind the strikers and he will have plenty of joy

Vidic178

The amount of abuse Ronaldo would be getting if he missed a pen in a game like this....

Hoof the ball

Missed a penalty and didn't score, but, was involved and central to absolutely everything. If I could pinpoint a game in which stats don't tell the story of influence, this'd be a good one. He didn't let his head drop and instead kept pushing the game forward and Argentina got their just rewards. This Argentina team have got character in abundance.

wr8_utd

:'(
Still takes terrible penalties but very good game otherwise. The good thing about this current Argentina team is that someone does step up if Messi doesn't.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
His best game of the tournament

Was excellent

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He's back to being the best in the world, we just take his greatness for granted. He alone contributes to a match as much as two players do combined.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I have completely turned on Ronaldo now after the interview.

So I am now fully on board with Messi waiting for Ronaldo to sign up for Saudi, and immediately penning a new PSG contract and breaking his CL record:drool:

IFC 1905

Given that he'd be sitting on World Cup and European Championship winners medals (as well as having a much better chance of going all the way in this current tournament) I'm sure Messi himself wishes the same!
That's ridiculous. Messi after living since age 13 at spain speaks the most argentine accent I've ever heard. I don't think he would be completely happy if he did that. He's as argentine as you can get.