Lionel Messi \ Signs for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
no one will pay that. Will Messi agree to miss a season?
when you factor in transfer fee and annual wages Pogba cost 35m pounds for a season of his service. If Messi cost 70m pounds a season doesn't look too bad to me. The market value of these 2 players are completely different, and so does their performance on the pitch.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Not sure why you say he is limited to two clubs. He is limited to those who can afford his salary demands. And it is not just those clubs
Yeah, two clubs. Unless his salary is going to drop from where it was at Barca. Personally i think he's still going to stay

SER19

His next move could damage his legacy in my opinion. He's not exactly past it and having a year in the US or Japan. To go from a one club legend to spending your last good years at an oil club would be damaging long term. Another 'purist' who'll sell his soul to the middle East

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
There is no way Messi goes to city. He’ll go link up with Neymar and Mbappe will also stay most likely.

Neymar Mbappe Messi. CL incoming.

Robertd0803

Jesus. I knew it was a possibility but its still shocking to see it actually happen.

Barca blaming "structural obstacles"- La Liga is beyond comical. Like its a bad thing having regulations to prevent Barcas financial stupidity :lol:

mav_9me

when you factor in transfer fee and annual wages Pogba cost 35m pounds for a season of his service. If Messi cost 70m pounds a season doesn't look too bad to me. The market value of these 2 players are completely different, and so does their performance on the pitch.
70m pounds for Messi for a season is fine I think, but if its 210m pounds for 3 yrs?

mav_9me

There is no way Messi goes to city. He’ll go link up with Neymar and Mbappe will also stay most likely.

Neymar Mbappe Messi. CL incoming.
Definitely a scenario I can envisage.

Remember recent pic of Messi with Neymar, Veratti, and ADM...might be a clue there.

Wouldn't be good for our chase for Halland.

Rolaholic

Remember recent pic of Messi with Neymar, Veratti, and ADM...might be a clue there.

How so?

Seems like the opposite really

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Have any hilarious League 2 club official accounts rules themselves out of signing him yet?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
70m pounds for Messi for a season is fine I think, but if its 210m pounds for 3 yrs?
2+1 contract will be more likely. That's if there is a club can afford it of course. PSG already has Neymar and Mbappe on huge salary.

Devil may care

I wonder what Aguero is feeling, his main reason to go there seemed to be to link up with Messi.

I'd say Messi is odds on to go to PSG and create a front 3 with Neymar and Mbappe with PSG maybe hoping that'll convince Mbappe to stay.

lysglimt

Scout
I wonder what Aguero is feeling, his main reason to go there seemed to be to link up with Messi.

I'd say Messi is odds on to go to PSG and create a front 3 with Neymar and Mbappe with PSG maybe hoping that'll convince Mbappe to stay.
he did get to link up with him for a few weeks

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Pogba next season too
I doubt that. With Pogba’s demands and agent fees they probably won’t afford him if they have to keep Mbappe and pay Messi too.

I actually think it’s the opposite. I think we’ll have a free run at him.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Is it fine? That’s a massive amount of money for 1 season. Considering most clubs don’t make much profit that’s a huge chunk of money.

You would expect Messi at his primer for that. Is 34 year old messi changing leagues playing in a team not built around him and having to adapt to both as well as the need to adapt his game due to age. Is that messi worth 70 million for a season?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Is it fine? That’s a massive amount of money for 1 season. Considering most clubs don’t make much profit that’s a huge chunk of money.

You would expect Messi at his primer for that. Is 34 year old messi changing leagues playing in a team not built around him and having to adapt to both as well as the need to adapt his game due to age. Is that messi worth 70 million for a season?
if i am playing FM i will clear Pogba, Lingaard, Mata, Martial and Jones to make room for it. Yes, to me he is worth it. He is still playing at the highest level. He will make Man Utd challenge for league title and CL right away. I don't even consider his commerical value add to the club.

dinostar77

As i have stated earlier, i think he will re-sign with Barcelona soon once Tebas backs down. However if that didnt happen i can only see him going to PSG. Thats because 1) they can afford him and 2) he could travel in and out of france via private jet for training/matches etc and not have to move his family.

Last season when the stories of a move away from Barcelona were circulating, Messi himself said his sons and wife were devastated by the thought of moving away from Barcelona and he couldn't break their hearts etc.

Hence if re-signing for Barcelona didnt happen, PSG are the only option that makes sense.

Teja

I don't think anyone other than PSG are that stupid. City are actually run quite well, they won't take stupid short sighted decisions like paying Messi 150M for two years.

It might even work well for Barca too, go back to your roots, focus on La Masia, have a couple more players like Pedri come through and they'll be fine. Just rip the bandaid instead of prolonging the suffering for another two years or however long Messi can play at a high level.

SirAnderson

10 pages so far, geez. Any rumors as to where he is planning to go? I love Ronaldo but I would take Messi in a heartbeat, fecking hell. Just never entertained the thought as it has always been impossible, but but but but.......is there a chance????

Status
Not open for further replies.