Lionel Messi \ Signs for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

Do you think Lukaku is pointing at the contact he's about to sign as Marina Granovskaia pulls it away and rips it up?

Wayne's World

That statement sounds dodgy, I don't believe for one second that La Liga will allow him to leave when both the club and himself have agreed to a contract.

A power ploy to put pressure on La Liga to not lose their biggest star

stu_1992

This is mad to think he's gone. It'll be so odd to see him elsewhere. I hate the thought of him at City especially but also PSG, although I'd obviously prefer the latter as a United fan who lives in France. I was just in Barcelona last week, and visited the stadium, and the man is everywhere in that city. Huge blow.

I also fully acknowledge that it very well could be a power play against La Liga. Interesting times ahead regardless.

Last edited:

Devil may care

So they've decided to try and keep a team instead of just placating one player at the expense of everything else.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Hard to believe this is not a negotiating ploy. ESPN will not be happy as they just signed a contract to air La Liga matches.

If it's true surely we are one of only a few clubs who could afford him at this time because of the pandemic. It never hurts to ask. Could you imagine a front 3 of Messi, Cavani and Sancho?

I wonder if City will stop with Graelish and go for Messi.

meninred

Sell Jones..matta..matic..james..lingaard..martial and get Messi

King Eric 7

I'd say snap him up but replacing Matic is a much bigger priority.

I joke, sort of.

Artimities

The more I sit an think about it... this does seem like a feeble attempt from Barca to pull cards and he will end up staying. I cant see them setting themselves up for disaster without trying to right the ship. It really does seem like a swerve on their part. Just another reason... I truly dislike Barca!

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Turns out now some people are saying the Barcelona tweet was put out to put pressure on tebas

MDFC Manager

He wasn't doing anything wrong.

The fact that Barca can't afford the money he wanted (because of their own inept dealings) is on them, not him. They don't have a divine right to employ Messi.
I mean he's overvalued himself. No club running legitimate finances could or should be paying what he demands.

If the basis of him making those insane wage demands is him having similar offers from City and PSG, he's not the saint that fanbois portray him to be.

RyRoc

I’m absolutely fascinated to see where this goes - this is completely unprecedented in European football. The very best player in the world and possibly best of all time is available on a free transfer (yes I know there are plenty of costs involved) but when you look at what Ronaldo cost his age this is an incredible potential grab for a club who has a multi billionaire owner . It’s probably going to be PSG but if he doesn’t fancy France than this could get super interesting.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This is mad to think he's gone. It'll be so odd to see him elsewhere. I hate the thought of him at City especially but also PSG, although I'd obviously prefer the latter as a United fan who lives in France. I was just in Barcelona last week, and visited the stadium, and the man is everywhere in that city. Huge blow.
Can't see that if the reports are true that they want Kane as well

Rolaholic

Seems it's been written in the stars....

Neymar and Di Maria also posted this 2 days ago

prateik

Everything in this post is wrong.
Of course it is.. its the stupid arguments people often use..
Who the feck thinks a shirt sponsor steps in for big transfers.. or who is stupid enough to believe Messi generates 30% of Barcas revenue..
You'd think no one.. but there are plenty of idiots around.

choccy77

I bet Mike Ashley is firing a few zero hour workers right now, in order to fund a move for him and Jones.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Turns out now some people are saying the Barcelona tweet was put out to put pressure on tebas
Pretty much was my thought from the start. The restrictions set by La Liga massively feck over Barcelona. They know that without Messi, La Liga loses a lot of sponsorship pull and tv views. I think they’ve got a new tv deal too.

AaronRedDevil

WOW I was lucky. I was going to buy Barcelona tickets for next may. Guess I'm going somewhere else now. Kinda sucks. I wanted to see Camp Nou.

Nickelodeon

Imagine Messi, Sancho, Cavani, Greenwood, Martial, Rashford, Bruno, Pogba in our midfield and attacking options.

CM

Barcelona in free fall. Great opportunity to throw the bag at Frenkie de Jong

edcunited1878

FC Barcelona wholeheartedly expresses its gratitude to the player for his contribution to the aggrandisement of the club and wishes him all the very best for the future in his personal and professional life.

Their greatest player ever and one of the best players in the history of the sport....here are your parting words. :lol:

PeteManic

He will stay. La Liga is the shits and the league needs their only star. Unless he is getting the same money, Messi is the bigger fool for staying anyway.

littleman

This is the most exciting news in world football right now. Can't wait to see what happens

Nogbadthebad

If it was anything but a bluff, they wouldn't have said they agreed a deal but can't afford the deal.

They wouldn't agree a deal they knew they couldn't afford, they would have simply closed talks.

SATA

Buy him and play him at right back. I don’t care, it’s Lionel Messi

But all likely he’s going to Paris to play with his mates

Andersons Dietician

This does seem like suspect timing. La Liga won’t want to lose him as they continue to promote themselves as a brand and didn’t they just sell off a percentage of the rights of laliga for a huge amount of cash to spread amongst the spanish teams.

Sounds like a sort of ultimatum to LaLiga to get them to correct the rules on salary caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.