Lionel Messi

Stadjer

Are you asking whether we would want the the best player in the world at Man Utd? Are you on crack?
Did i really have to add white text to show its not actually serious? It is more aimed at all the critism Pogba gets for the things i mentioned.

Ofcourse i would love Messi in a United shirt.. although he might just quit playing football if he has to watch Rashford miss loads of chances, play with Lingard or tries a quick combination with Lukaku...

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Did i really have to add white text to show its not actually serious? It is more aimed at all the critism Pogba gets for the things i mentioned.

Ofcourse i would love Messi in a United shirt.. although he might just quit playing football if he has to watch Rashford miss loads of chances, play with Lingard or tries a quick combination with Lukaku...
Oh fair enough. Can never know these days. As I were. :lol:

zonaldefending

Liverpool Fan
Best player in the world by a long shot. Nobody is even close to him. The. Greatest of all time.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I’ve been rooting for Ajax but am starting to think football needs Messi to lead his team to one last CL trophy.
Nah Ajax all the way for me. Barca will still be strong next season and 2-3 years after. Ajax will be decimated this summer by the big clubs (and Barca are already taking De Jong and probably De Ligt too). Even if Messi doesn't win the CL this year he likely has one more in him before he retires.

Enigma_87

You know who
I’ve been rooting for Ajax but am starting to think football needs Messi to lead his team to one last CL trophy.
Ajax all the way. Feels like 95 once again. Like that club and would be a great story if they beat Barca(along with Real, Juve along the way).

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Nah Ajax all the way for me. Barca will still be strong next season and 2-3 years after. Ajax will be decimated this summer by the big clubs (and Barca are already taking De Jong and probably De Ligt too). Even if Messi doesn't win the CL this year he likely has one more in him before he retires.
Gotta hope so. I guess he still is “only” 31. Ajax winning is definitely the better story. I’m just guilty of getting nostalgic for Messi before he’s even retired!

BarcaSpurs

26 Goals in 33 matches against English teams. That 0.79 goals per game ratio is better than anyone in Premier League history despite playing exclusively against top four clubs right?

Needham

Why not root for Spurs, an English club? In the old days -so long as it wasn't Liverpool- most English people would support an English club in the European Cup final. If you're not English then of course it might not apply.

Shark

@NotShark
Why not root for Spurs, an English club? In the old days -so long as it wasn't Liverpool- most English people would support an English club in the European Cup final. If you're not English then of course it might not apply.
His username should have answered that for you.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It’s a fair question. I’m not English but support an English football team. I usually don’t want teams I consider rivals to do well but I was absolutely rooting for Leicester to do well during their CL campaign. I would usually be able to get behind Spurs too, for similar reasons. Then Glastonspaz happened.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It’s a fair question. I’m not English but support an English football team. I usually don’t want teams I consider rivals to do well but I was absolutely rooting for Leicester to do well during their CL campaign. I would usually be able to get behind Spurs too, for similar reasons. Then Glastonspaz happened.
That's true :lol:

Enigma_87

You know who
Same. Spurs aren't a bad club and nothing against them, but most of their supporters, especially around here are unbearable.

Ridiculous how far above everyone else on the pitch he is.

Barcelona are also a very average side apart from him. The all star supporting cast is long gone and the youngsters don't look up to the job of replacing them let alone Messi. They will be in for a big shock when he retires.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
26 Goals in 33 matches against English teams. That 0.79 goals per game ratio is better than anyone in Premier League history despite playing exclusively against top four clubs right?
yes but how would he fair on a winter night against stoke etc... ;)
I think since 2009 he has scored 520 goals in 522 games for Barca - incredible consistency

Needham

I guess dislike of particular teams due to irritating online forum supporters of that team is a relatively new thing in the world. They'd have to be awful to have an effect though. The guy you're referring to is reasonably harmless and well mannered, don't quite get the brickbats he receives. I'll still be hoping Spurs turn it around based on a like of Son, Eriksen, Pochetinho and the football they sometimes produce.

Cait Sith

I thought supporting the team from the same country was exclusively a German thing.

swred

He really is the GOAT, i love Ronnie, but Messi is something else.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't think I will ever see a player as good as Messi. Just ridiculous player.

IMO he is GOAT, by far the best player playing now, best passer, best dribbler, best finisher and can't think of anyone who takes better free kicks.

Hoof the ball

Completely useless but interesting trivia...

Messi joined Barcelona C in addition to the Juveniles A, playing his first game for the third team on 29 November. He helped save them from the relegation zone of the Tercera División, scoring five goals in ten games, including a hat-trick in eight minutes during a Copa del Rey match while man-marked by Sevilla's Sergio Ramos.

After his first training session with the senior squad, Barça's new star player, Ronaldinho, told his teammates that he believed the 16-year-old would become an even better player than himself. Ronaldinho soon befriended Messi, whom he called "little brother", which greatly eased his transition into the first team.