Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

suheilsworld

11 minutes to go for Argentina friendly Vs Curaçao and he’s on the bench still. Good to see him get rest. Just bubble wrap him and send him back to Carrington asap!

Newcastle 2:0 Man Utd

Phil

Yeah he was absolutely right to be pissed off about coming off. What the hell was the logic in that?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Was the only one capable of passing the ball and playing football in general. No wonder he was so frustrated coming off.

Red Rash

A strong indictment on our midfield is that a CB was by far our best passer and most composed player on the ball.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Was he pissed off because of us playing poorly / him coming off or was he just frustrated / arguing because Newcastle were wasting time?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was pissed off, only to jump from his seat 5 seconds after and starts asking for a fight with Newcastle folks on the sideline :lol:

@GifLord can you gif that?

Btw, is he technically our best player considering the position he plays in? I would say he is, and quite easily. Seems to have the best first touch in the team too.

Sylar

He was pissed off, only to jump from his seat 5 seconds after and starts asking for a fight with Newcastle folks on the sideline :lol:

@GifLord can you gif that?

Btw, is he technically our best player considering the position he plays in? I would say he is, and quite easily. Seems to have the best first touch in the team too.
Fantastic on the ball and the pace in his passing. And bizarre moreso taking him off especially with no eriksen and casemiro ahead of him

Bobski

Might be time to try him as a DM with Cas still out, can't do any worse than the alternatives.

Red Rash

Our best footballer is a CB. Second best is a DM.
Casemiro
Martinez
Varane
Rashford
The rest

I'm putting Rashford a bit lower based on consistency as the first three more often than not put in at least a decent performance whereas Rashford has his poor games pretty often.

Telsim

Might be time to try him as a DM with Cas still out, can't do any worse than the alternatives.
Would solve nothing because then you'd have Lindelof or Maguire in his place, instantly nullifying any theoretical benefits.

Red Rash

Would solve nothing because then you'd have Lindelof or Maguire in his place, instantly nullifying any theoretical benefits.
Probably won't happen but you could put Shaw at LCB and Malacia at LB

Dve

Currently, player of the year for me. While others drops in and out of form, Martinez deliver on a very high level game after game. I thought he was good also today, and deserves more than an average 6. Suffers for the bad performances of many others.

A-man

Good on the ball and strong on the ground, weak in the air.

HookedOnAPhelan

He's our best player - better and more consistent than Rashford and Casemiro.

Playing CB in this team is such a thankless job. And he's consistently great. And dependable.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Tactically he lost his head today. Those long punts were a no go today and he kept at it instead of slowing it down.
Him, DDG and Antony can get a pass today but he was tactically worse than it he seemed.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Btw, is he technically our best player considering the position he plays in?
He’s comfortably the most press resistant player we have, which is fecking shocking for the rest of the team to be outshone by a CB. Martial, maybe, but he’s never fit to prove it.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Tactically he lost his head today. Those long punts were a no go today and he kept at it instead of slowing it down.
Him, DDG and Antony can get a pass today but he was tactically worse than it he seemed.
Ironically those long punts were the furthest we got into their half. We couldn’t string a pass together in midfield

ti vu

I think ETH tried to be more direct this game especially by putting McTominay and Weghorst up front. Issue is, despite the height, these two had nothing to sell against Newcastle CBs. Ended up with their midfield winning most of second ball. Second is a bit better with McTominay back into midfield improved our ability to get those second ball. Still not enough.

Martinez this game got his hand full because of Isak. That guy has all the desirable trait for CF. He comfortably dropped into midfield to help with build up so Martinez couldn't follow him. for the chances around 15th minute (DDG double save). Then arrived to meet the cross, towering over Martinez. Willock chance at the end of the first half ended up with Willock wild shot also started with a direct ball toward Isak. With physique advantage strength and pace, he shielded off the ball away from Martinez, to carry the ball toward our goal.

lex talionis

Apart from De Gea was our best player yesterday. A bit strange to sub him off, unless ETH was just throwing in the towel and wanted to protect Martinez from a possible injury.

KikiDaKats

Supports
I think ETH tried to be more direct this game especially by putting McTominay and Weghorst up front. Issue is, despite the height, these two had nothing to sell against Newcastle CBs. Ended up with their midfield winning most of second ball. Second is a bit better with McTominay back into midfield improved our ability to get those second ball. Still not enough.

Martinez this game got his hand full because of Isak. That guy has all the desirable trait for CF. He comfortably dropped into midfield to help with build up so Martinez couldn't follow him. for the chances around 15th minute (DDG double save). Then arrived to meet the cross, towering over Martinez. Willock chance at the end of the first half ended up with Willock wild shot also started with a direct ball toward Isak. With physique advantage strength and pace, he shielded off the ball away from Martinez, to carry the ball toward our goal.
Oh Isak was on one yesterday To be fair Newcastle were just good and outplayed us in every department.

Glorio

For me, when Casemiro is out, he seems the natural choice to play as a DM, with Shaw filling in at CB. Obviously I've never actually seen him play there, but given he used to, he surely has to be better than our current options

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Needs to be moved to midfield because we have no hope of anyone else passing the ball with any quality.

Maguire and Varane to stop the Aries bombardment and play martinez in midfield to bring the ball out.

KikiDaKats

Supports
Their left back didn’t outplay our right winger, but we subbed him off
Antony was responsible for creativity or goal from his RW and Dan Burns was responsible for stopping him. In your opinion who got the job done?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
For me, when Casemiro is out, he seems the natural choice to play as a DM, with Shaw filling in at CB. Obviously I've never actually seen him play there, but given he used to, he surely has to be better than our current options
I agree, although Casemiro's excellence is his game intelligence. Martinez does look the best shout though, and I'd do exactly what you suggest with Shaw at CB too.

FriedClams

Antony was responsible for creativity or goal from his RW and Dan Burns was responsible for stopping him. In your opinion who got the job done?
That’s not the only thing determines which player got the better of the other in the game. If there was one battle we won yesterday, it was that one.

Rossa

That’s not the only thing determines which player got the better of the other in the game. If there was one battle we won yesterday, it was that one.
Oh that and if Burn had received a yellow after 13 minds for pushing Antony to the ground and choking him at the same time as he had no other way of stopping him, he would have to adapt his game. Hate it when refs are cowards like that.

KikiDaKats

Supports
I’d concede it was the only proper battle on the pitch.

talking robot

I agree, although Casemiro's excellence is his game intelligence. Martinez does look the best shout though, and I'd do exactly what you suggest with Shaw at CB too.
yeah shaw at CB with Varane next to him, and Martinez as DM looks much more solid than Varane, Martinez, McTominay (or Sabitzer or Fred). Something needs to change in that midfield.

Blood Mage

He must look around at the piss poor technicians in this squad and shake his head. No-one on his level.

3KDré

There must be a reason Ten Hag hasn't done it yet. He's not been afraid to put players out of position. I have a feeling that it isn't our lack of security in CM that's been hurting us recently but lack of progression from deep. When we had McTominay- Eriksen we were still playing well and looked defensively secure (enough). When Eriksen got injured our control of games became weaker but we were still able to progress the ball well enough with Casemiro. But now the both of them are gone there's practically no one in the squad capable of picking the ball up from defence and progressing the ball. I thought Sabitzer would be able to do that but I don't think he has that in him. It must mean that Ten Hag must think that Martinez would not be as good at progressing the ball midfield like Sabitzer can (which I still don't really understand).

Status
Not open for further replies.