Lisandro Martinez | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Only a club dumb enough to drop a similar amount on AWB and Maguire would do this..
We're not. He's got the currency mixed up. Was widely reported Ajax wanted 70-80 Million euros for Antony and 45-50 million euro for Martinez. The article says it's in pounds. It's a mistake.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We're not. He's got the currency mixed up. Was widely reported Ajax wanted 70-80 Million euros for Antony and 45-50 million euro for Martinez. The article says it's in pounds. It's a mistake.
Still expensive. How much did we pay for VDB?
Antony valuation there is almost as much as they got for De Jong who was a regular for the national team and pretty much their best player

jamesjimmybyrondean

Looks like we're letting him go

Looks that way. We are going after an attacker once we secure De Jong and we'd probably have used all the budget by then and have to wait on player sales to buy again . Martinez isn't going to wait forever with Arsenal hovering around

Berbaclass

Most likely we'll end up with Pau Torres who is a bit cheaper. According to reports, Villareal are willing to listen to offers under his release clause.
Torres is valued at £45 - £55 Million pounds. They want €50 Million for Martinez

Caesar2290

Torres is valued at £45 - £55 Million pounds. They want €50 Million for Martinez
I though they didn't want to sell and Ajax were demanding something like 70 million for him.

50 is not that bad if we can strike a deal involving 35 upfront and 15 in installments. We could also sell Bailly and Jones for an extra 5-10 mil and he can be attainable at that point.

Berbaclass

I though they didn't want to sell and Ajax were demanding something like 70 million for him.

50 is not that bad if we can strike a deal involving 35 upfront and 15 in installments. We could also sell Bailly and Jones for an extra 5-10 mil and he can be attainable at that point.
They want €50 for Martinez/Timber and €70-80 for Antony.

ATXRedDevil

His release clause is 51m pounds / 60m euros. Been widely reported they'd be willing to take a bit less than that. Bailly also came from Villareal. Would be excellent if we could do 30-40m euros + Bailly for him. Regardless, seems like he would cost around the same or less than what Ajax are saying they want for Martinez.

ThanksBoss26

Most likely we'll end up with Pau Torres who is a bit cheaper. According to reports, Villareal are willing to listen to offers under his release clause.
When we were trying for him last summer there were rumours we were offering Bailly in part exchange. Maybe still an option given he did well there previously.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Given option who should we go for? Torres or Martinez?

Read somewhere that Martinez versatility is one of the main reason why ETH want him

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Given option who should we go for? Torres or Martinez?

Read somewhere that Martinez versatility is one of the main reason why ETH want him
If we are going to be a high-line team. Martinez is a bit more comfortable with it. Villarreal play with the team all sitting back and it's hard to gauge just how good Torres is from that. One thing we're sure about Martinez is his distribution is quality.

Vapor trail

If we are going to be a high-line team. Martinez is a bit more comfortable with it. Villarreal play with the team all sitting back and it's hard to gauge just how good Torres is from that. One thing we're sure about Martinez is his distribution is quality.
I've seen Spain play are fairly high line and Torres looked comfortable he's very dominant in possession from ball distribution. I can't given an opinion on the phases of play when out of possession, because this is the same area of struggle that Maguire suffers from. The long distance between the half way line and the six years box this is where Harry is in no man's land.

croadyman

You are still quite obsessed with Ole eh. The only thing Ole didnt do is win a trophy. Otherwise he did his best to make us competitive.

Anyway regarding Martinez and other Ajax players, we are just discussing, but not going for all of them at one go. Ajax also will not sell all their star players at one go. We are certainly looking at the best option from Ajax and the other positions might be filled in by players from other clubs.
Yeah and at least that would show that Erik is capable of looking outside of Ajax this summer

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If Varane stays fit, I guess CB is not an area of most concern for ETH (even if it is for many here who have seen Maguire's 17-point turn). Also looks to me that if we do get a CB, he will play alongside Maguire rather than instead of so, for me, the problem remains unsolved.

My worry is, that Varane doesn't seem to stay uninjured...

Blood Mage

Getting him over Timber would be underwhelming, Timber is far more suited to the PL IMO.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Lisandro Martinez gives us our first left footed LCB, arguably gives us the ability to ditch Telles as a secondary LB and our first CDM in the squad.

LuckyScout78

Has higher figthing and winning mentality than Timber. I easily can observed it. Harder to come up against Martinez than Timber.

Timber pace and skills United can find other options and alternative. Its always come up new French pacey and skill ful CB. Tips and recommendation just follow France youth nation football.

Two French CB for Bayern. One for Liverpool. And France U17 and U19 are dominating

But a left foot CB with a so so good and precise pass foot and combine his mentality. United and Ten Hag shall go for him.

United and Ten Hag future success could rely on Frenkie De Jong and this player Martinez.

Again. Have said many time.

If United and Ten Hag can get:

Martinez, De Jong, Raphinha, Eriksen, Malacia. Got those 5 players will be really really good summer transfer window and for the future goals. Come closer to premier league title.

This squad might be good enough for premier league title in the future:

Bissaka/Lindelof - Varane/McTom - Martinez/Maguire - Shaw/Malacia +

Raphinha/Sancho/Diallo - Eriksen/Levitt/DVB/Bruno - Fred/Garner/De Jong - De Jong/Bruno/DVB - Sancho/Martial/Garnacho + Ronaldo/Rashford.

I will definitely be really satisfy if Ten Hag and United can get. Martinez, De Jong, Eriksen and Raphinha. 3 on fee and 1 for free.

From Ajax, Leeds and Barca with relation. Should be realistic.

Again. If United can get a player from Ajax and Leeds. Then it say all about United level of attract really good players to join them.

Mainoldo

Has higher figthing and winning mentality than Timber. I easily can observed it. Harder to come up against Martinez than Timber.

Timber pace and skills United can find other options and alternative. Its always come up new French pacey and skill ful CB. Tips and recommendation just follow France youth nation football.

Two French CB for Bayern. One for Liverpool. And France U17 and U19 are dominating

But a left foot CB with a so so good and precise pass foot and combine his mentality. United and Ten Hag shall go for him.

United and Ten Hag future success could rely on Frenkie De Jong and this player Martinez.

Again. Have said many time.

If United and Ten Hag can get:

Martinez, De Jong, Raphinha, Eriksen, Malacia. Got those 5 players will be really really good summer transfer window and for the future goals. Come closer to premier league title.

This squad might be good enough for premier league title in the future:

Bissaka/Lindelof - Varane/McTom - Martinez/Maguire - Shaw/Malacia +

Raphinha/Sancho/Diallo - Eriksen/Levitt/DVB/Bruno - Fred/Garner/De Jong - De Jong/Bruno/DVB - Sancho/Martial/Garnacho + Ronaldo/Rashford.

I will definitely be really satisfy if Ten Hag and United can get. Martinez, De Jong, Eriksen and Raphinha. 3 on fee and 1 for free.

From Ajax, Leeds and Barca with relation. Should be realistic.

Again. If United can get a player from Ajax and Leeds. Then it say all about United level of attract really good players to join them.
Why do you keep mentioning Raphinha. He’s not our target.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The above information is also being reported by Charles Watts, who is a Arsenal correspondent and considered tier 1 for the club on reddit.

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Donny Van de Beek like bargain or something better?
How many right backs has actually gone for 50 + ?
How many CBs has gone for 80 + ?

30m for one of the best midfielders that season is a bargain. We didn’t overpay its the normal price for a midfielder.

So his point is technically correct.

Kostov

How many right backs has actually gone for 50 + ?
How many CBs has gone for 80 + ?

30m for one of the best midfielders that season is a bargain. We didn’t overpay its the normal price for a midfielder.

So his point is technically correct.
80m for Pogba was pretty big back in 2016, but considered as a good deal, myself also thought the same. He turned out a big waste of money. AWB was one of the best RB the season before and CITY bought like 3 full backs for 50m each around the same time. It was always overpaying just like City overpayed for their buys. Maguire was lunacy. Paying 130m pounds for the potentially new David Neres and the mexican half as good Daley Blind would easily top that.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
80m for Pogba was pretty big back in 2016, but considered as a good deal, myself also thought the same. He turned out a big waste of money. AWB was one of the best RB the season before and CITY bought like 3 full backs for 50m each around the same time. It was always overpaying just like City overpayed for their buys. Maguire was lunacy. Paying 130m pounds for the potentially new David Neres and the mexican half as good Daley Blind would easily top that.
You specifically asked about Donny though? I never said any word about Pogba which we all know we messed up. AWB wasn't one of the best right backs but thats a different discussion altogether.

Point is, compared to what we paid for AWB and Maguire, every other signing would look like a bargain. We messed up completely.

mav_9me

My gunner friend is absolutely desperate to get him. If we can't get him with Ten Haag as our coach, either we aren't in for him or we are too skint.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
My gunner friend is absolutely desperate to get him. If we can't get him with Ten Haag as our coach, either we aren't in for him or we are too skint.
Apparently they want to play him at LB too, weirdly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.