Lisandro Martinez | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy18

Spurs chased Diaz all window and even negotiated a lower fee only for Liverpool to come and sign him for the price agreed by Spurs. Having a bid rejected means absolutely nothing.
I'm aware, going back and making an increased big shows intent however does it not?

Keefy18

That doesn't answer my question. We haven't even made a bid either.
Well if we haven't that makes it worse does it not?

Arsenal are on their 2nd bid already having had one rejected.

Meanwhile, we talk.

Keefy18

Ok. Well I only hope that Arsenal leave a few crumbs for us when they are done.
TBF their doing great business... still talk of Raphina & Tielmans possibly signing too.

Could put their spend around 180m I think.

If the shoe was on the other foot, pretty sure you and most everyone else here giving me heat would be buzzing and boasting about doing such great business.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well if we haven't that makes it worse does it not?

Arsenal are on their 2nd bid already having had one rejected.

Meanwhile, we talk.
not really, you said it means Arsenal are more attractive when no bids have even been accepted yet.

It's been made clear we want to get FDJ over the line and see what money we have left. I'm sure if ETH really wants him we will push hard.

Remember the geese

TBF their doing great business... still talk of Raphina & Tielmans possibly signing too.

If the shoe was on the other foot, pretty sure you and most everyone else here giving me heat would be buzzing and boasting about doing such great business.
They haven't signed anyone yet that has left me feeling envious.

Bojan Djordjic

Think most people are confused that you seem to associate Arsenal bidding on a player and getting rejected as a sign of them being more enticing than United which is clearly daft.

Of course there are other genuine reasons as to why a player might find Arsenal more enticing right now but you focused on something that has no relevance to your argument.

Keefy18

Sounds like you want to support Arsenal @Keefy18 , just do it, you’d be welcomed.
Are you that immature and insecure you can't possibly say another club is having a good transfer window? :lol:

They are being decisive and improving key areas and giving the funds to do so.

It's crap for us as United supporters but I'll give credit where it is due.

Keefy18

Think most people are confused that you seem to associate Arsenal bidding on a player and getting rejected as a sign of them being more enticing than United which is clearly daft.

Of course there are other genuine reasons as to why a player might find Arsenal more enticing right now but you focused on something that has no relevance to your argument.
Gave lots of reasons a few days ago, folks still continued to throw a strop mind you.

Judas

Open to offers
Are you that immature and insecure you can't possibly say another club is having a good transfer window? :lol:

They are being decisive and improving key areas and giving the funds to do so.

It's crap for us as United supporters but I'll give credit where it is due.
I just can’t exactly get too worried about a team managed by Arteta.

Keefy18

The poster suggested that I would be "boasting and buzzing" if it was us signing those players. Simply not true.
I'll be honest and say I don't really believe you.

Jesus is a marked improvement on our forwards (Ronaldo aside).

It isn't just about returns, he's an intelligent player that links up play brilliantly for wide attackers and he'd be a quality back up for Ronaldo, he logically would of improved us over hoping Rashford gets his fitness / focus back and hoping Le Sulk stops.

Viera is highly thought of by a lot of clubs, not seen him personally. Just going off what I've read recently.

If they added in Martinez, Tielmans & Raphina... Oof!

That's a very successful transfer window by the majority of clubs standards.

Keefy18

I just can’t exactly get too worried about a team managed by Arteta.
That's fair enough.

I posted similar sentiments about him not being good enough early in his time there. As the season played on though I could see huge improvements in them and could see what he was trying to do there. Not saying he's destined to win a title by any means, but he's a young coach and learning and improving.

ShinjiNinja26

It isn't just about returns, he's an intelligent player that links up play brilliantly for wide attackers and he'd be a quality back up for Ronaldo, he logically would of improved us over hoping Rashford gets his fitness / focus back and hoping Le Sulk stops.

Viera is highly thought of by a lot of clubs, not seen him personally. Just going off what I've read recently.

IF… a very big IF. They’ve currently signed none of those players so no point getting worked up over hypotheticals. You could easily say that about us if we sign de Jong, Eriksen, Antony and Timber we’d have a very good window as well. It’s been stated numerous times we’re waiting to get the de Jong deal wrapped up before moving on to any other targets and by the looks of things that should hopefully come to a conclusion this week. Once that’s sorted you’ll see us making moves for players in other positions.

Remember the geese

Jesus is a decent player, but not worth losing any sleep over. The club clearly don't see a backup for Ronaldo as being a priority. I feel it is a mistake, but I assume Martial will fill the void this season.

I know little of Vieira, so cannot comment. As for the others, decent enough players I'm sure, but not to the extend that I'd be throwing any parties. Besides, doesn't Raphinha play in Saka's best position?

Keefy18

IF… a very big IF. They’ve currently signed none of those players so no point getting worked up over hypotheticals. You could easily say that about us if we sign de Jong, Eriksen, Antony and Timber we’d have a very good window as well. It’s been stated numerous times we’re waiting to get the de Jong deal wrapped up before moving on to any other targets and by the looks of things that should hopefully come to a conclusion this week. Once that’s sorted you’ll see us making moves for players in other positions.
FDJ will get done, at some point I'm sure.
Antony, good player but honestly don't see him improving us.
Eriksen if we can get it done is good to push Bruno on, competition for places is key and also nice to be able to rest him but also gives us a different type of creative player to Bruno also.
Timber - I believe is dead in the water after LVG's sentiments and also having to choose between 1 of either Martinez or himself.

They aren't names that get me jumping out of my seat with excitement but it'd be a good window cause I know overall it would improve us and that's ultimately the goal.

AjaxNL

Martinez is amazing, United should be all over this guy, if Timber is staying another year at Ajax. Great at CB and gives squad depth at LB and DM.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Martinez is amazing, United should be all over this guy, if Timber is staying another year at Ajax. Great at CB and gives squad depth at LB and DM.
If Timber is our preferred target it's more likely we'll wait it out for him rather than sign this chap.

joedirt87

if arsenal (or anyone) are only 10 million euro apart in an evaluation with ajax for martinez a deal will get done. they about to toss another 10-15 million on top of the asking price for antony and timber when this gets done. could lose 5-6 starters from last year.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
if arsenal (or anyone) are only 10 million euro apart in an evaluation with ajax for martinez a deal will get done. they about to toss another 10-15 million on top of the asking price for antony and timber when this gets done. could lose 5-6 starters from last year.
If Ajax is willing to do business then I think Edu can get this done. It is just a matter of negotiation and Edu seems pretty good at getting the targets he aimed for. Whether it is a good price is another story.

Keefy18

If Ajax is willing to do business then I think Edu can get this done. It is just a matter of negotiation and Edu seems pretty good at getting the targets he aimed for. Whether it is a good price is another story.
As an Arsenal supporter are you happy with how the window is going?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
As an Arsenal supporter are you happy with how the window is going?
To be honest I don't know much about all the signings except Jesus. Arsenal needs a striker, a CM, and a player who can play both RB/LB as cover. So they brought in first 2 for now. I am disappointed Arsenal can't ship out the unwanted players/sell players on loan but it is what it is. I don't feel excited or disappointed for Jesus as he is the one Arteta wants and he is a 14-15 goals a season striker. For RW there are lots rumors on Raphina but it only makes sense if Edu can ship out Pepe. The weakness last season is lack of goals from the front 3 so Edu/Arteta needs to address that.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
There is no way Martinez will join Arsenal if ETH wants him,so if he joins Arsenal that means we are not interested.
Arrogant much? Newsflash, you no longer compete at the top table, as difficult as that is to believe. Maybe Martinez has his own take on the paths the clubs are on.

People talking about Utd having a bad season? so did we, we lost 13 games, and were still 11 point clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.