Lisandro Martinez | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

He looks pretty quick from what I have seen and has a good jump on him.

So if it doesnt work out for him here he can always enter the athletics and go for the Olympic Gold 110m Curb Hurdling champion

Chairman Steve

Doesn’t he have like an insane NBA/Ronaldo like jumping leap on him? I’m sure that would help against those stereotypical big shithouse centre-forwards that are almost out of fashion now.

With Burnley gone, is there even a shithouse team now? Fulham, Bournemouth and Forest play football on the ground and not too many of the current Premier League clubs even play like that anymore. It’s like small, pacy forwards now and the token tall striker is better with his feet than posing an aerial threat ironically.

Chief123

Everyone goes on about his height which is a potential problem but what about his speed? Everyone banged on and on and on about our CB's being too slow and we cant play a high line because of them and yada yada yada. Now its all of a sudden fine?
He’s not rapid but he ain’t painfully slow like Maguire.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
A very unusual physique for a PL centerback. Im curious if ETH will utilize him against certain opponents and bench him when we play teams with giant strikers like Haaland who can just shrug him off.

Mmm-Qatarian

Alright, sorry, enough with the crap height jokes.

I can't profess to know too much about this guy but what I will say is that the consensus opinion of Ajax fans is that he is going to be a huge loss for them. On top of that he seems to be a very impressive player statistically, albeit with the significant caveat that defenders are quite difficult to judge based on statistics alone.

Considering the level of need within our squad I have a feeling that £46.5 million might be a slight over-payment for him but I can't say that bothers me greatly considering the budget still seems to be available for the rest of Ten Hag's demands (barring maybe Antony, but that likely would've been the case regardless of Martinez's fee) and with his age there's a lot of scope for him to become an established starter if he's anywhere near as good as many Ajax fans claim he is.

allesreiniger

Supports
ajax
Of course he might be fine and I’m not worried. I was merely saying that 5-9 is very small for a CB in response to a post that gave instructions on how to measure 3 inches as if that somehow made a difference. 5-9 is “only” 3 inches less than six foot but most CBs are 6-3 these days.

But, hey, if he can out-jump everyone then his height is irrelevant.
Even if his head would be at his opponents bullocks, he wouldn’t have to jump at all. He’ll merely play smarter.

Last edited:

Rossa

How are his physical attributes such as strength, agility, speed, acceleration, leap?

Sounds like a brilliant passer and reader of the game, but I hope he is physically more up for it than say Blind ever was.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
How are his physical attributes such as strength, agility, speed, acceleration, leap?

Sounds like a brilliant passer and reader of the game, but I hope he is physically more up for it than say Blind ever was.
We haven’t talked about that yet, thanks for raising it

Status
Not open for further replies.