Little things that annoy you about football...

Spirit of Solskjaer

The phrase “on his day he’s one of the best” meaning he’s inconsistent as shit and has the capability of having one good game in 10.
A variation of this is when a manager, typically of a club in the bottom half of the table says "on our day (or at our best) we can beat anyone." Ermm, isn't it sort of your job as a manager to make sure your team is at its best? So if you're winning less than half of your games, you're mostly failing at your job then?

Beagle

Pundits trying to look smart using slow motion and drawing arrows/circles. It feels cringe worthy.

Boycott

One fan-base calling another 'small-time'.

The club you choose to support doesn't make your views more valid than anyone else.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I noticed that. Whats that is all about? What is the correct way to say it? Always find it weird when the pronunciation of a players name suddenly changes, it happened with Bojan too.
Kante is CAN - TE

Conte is CON - TE

For some reason they just get muddled up and end up calling each other the same thing, strange.

Who Loves ya Bebe

Switching on Super Sunday, getting a cold beer ready, something nice to snack on....settle in for the Utd game and.....oh, Redknapp & Souness!!!

Chipper

Adulterer.
I don't know about the Kante/Conte thing. Might be an attempt to Frenchify his name, although I don't the original African pronunciation. Ribery's first name is a bit like "Fronck", Griezmann's a bit like "ont-won" etc. The "A" sound can be a bit like an "O" in French.

Pogba calls Kante Kon-tay:

Also just found an interview with a Guinean musician called Mory Kante conducted in French where he's referred to as Kon-tay and he didn't seem to bat an eyelid

Would like to see Kante saying his own name.

Not French, but then there's Dante's Inferno too, which I'd personally say as Don-tay, but then there's a good chance I'm getting that wrong!

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Something topical with Tottenham vs United in mind - Peter Drury commentating the big games and basically having a mortgage on them.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
People who say Manager X plays good/bad football. Teams play, managers don't. Managers set their team up to play a certain way but they're not on the field playing.

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

Teams being utter shit for like 89 mins, threatening nothing, then they concede a goal and in the next min plus stoppage time they play like their lives depend on it and create about 10 chances. Why does it take conceding to make them play like that??

This is pretty knee-jerk as I have Sheffield United in mind from last night. I just needed a goal from them to win £385 so I'm a bit annoyed! :lol: Did nothing till the Snodgrass goal then went mental and nearly scored

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
Sky Sports on Deadline Day.

Stupid yellow banners and that timer going in the bottom corner like some time bomb on mission impossible 38.

And everyone’s so DRAMATIC.

Please. :boring:

Chipper

Adulterer.
People who say Manager X plays good/bad football. Teams play, managers don't. Managers set their team up to play a certain way but they're not on the field playing.
Woke up this morning feeling fine
I've got Man United on my mind
Jose's playing the way that United should, oh yeah!
Something tells me I'm into something good!

You must love that. :lol:

I've questioned that one myself to be honest. He isn't playing!

Needham

Commentators: "At one nil anything can happen." No, it can't, can't be nil nil.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Kante is CAN - TE

Conte is CON - TE

For some reason they just get muddled up and end up calling each other the same thing, strange.
Nantes is a place in France and it's pronounced "Nonts" so I would guess Kante is pronounced a Kon Tay

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Lukaku constantly applauding his teammates' dismal efforts to pass the ball to him.

criticalanalysis

Lukaku constantly applauding his teammates' dismal efforts to pass the ball to him.
And likewise the display of annoyance when he doesn't get a pass as if it was his teammate's fault but it was mostly down to his poor touch and movement.

melatonin

"They tried to walk the ball into the back of the net!" - Used twice today

1) Think it was a mata/lukaku chance today against Huddersfield where there was no shot on so they were trying to create one
2) Ozil and some other player both tried to take a shot but got in the way of each other and neither got a decent strike

Neither is what you'd call walking the ball in

engulfing

Fighting should be allowed in certain circumstances. If a player malicious aims to injure a player, fighting with that player should only result in a yellow card. It'd be very entertaining and good for the ratings too.