g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
I think he's talking about getting a draw to make a massive step towards winning the league against a team with no obvious desire to win. That kind of plan B.
Who's to say the result would have been any different even if he had played for a draw ? It's not as though we had 10 men camped in their penalty area when they broke away & scored. Just imagine if we had played for, & gotten, a draw, but still failed to beat Palace. That would have been far harder for us to take.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Who's to say the result would have been any different even if he had played for a draw ? It's not as though we had 10 men camped in their penalty area when they broke away & scored. Just imagine if we had played for, & gotten, a draw, but still failed to beat Palace. That would have been far harder for us to take.
Not the point. No pun intended.

ZDwyr

What is with the Aspas loan? A 27 year-old going on loan is an odd bit of business.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Tor-Kristian Karlsen @karlsentk
I've followed his career since making Partizan debut, talent and potential obvious from the point of breaking into the first team (1/5)

Top European sides were monitoring him back then, most of those impressed by his great ability though some concerns re "frail" physique(2/5)

In terms of potential there's no doubt in my mind that Markovic is among the top 3-5 greatest talents in European football (3/5)

Main characteristics: great ability on the ball (close control, touch), explosive/very quick in one vs one situations, intelligent (4/5)

Transfer fee may seem high but if player develops according to expectations/potential, he could (should) be worth x2 in 18-24 months (5/5

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
What is with the Aspas loan? A 27 year-old going on loan is an odd bit of business.
He will be on a nice wage and will not want a pay cut whereas no club will want to match his Liverpool wage since his stock has fallen and he's generally a bit shit.

the hea

They will battle it out with Everton for 6th place. Loosing Suarez is a huge blow for them and this year they will also have CL games midweek. Lambert, Lallana and Marcovic are all good squad additions but their starting 11 is much weaker than it was a year ago.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
Let's not write off rival teams until transfer window is over, eh?

Actually I find these threads a little pointless until we get to September 1st. Liverpool COULD go out and sign a few world class players between now and then.

OR they could stick with what they've got and we sign 3 or 4 more world class players.

My point being, lots of players to leave and lots of fresh faces to arrive yet.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
They will battle it out with Everton for 6th place. Loosing Suarez is a huge blow for them and this year they will also have CL games midweek. Lambert, Lallana and Marcovic are all good squad additions but their starting 11 is much weaker than it was a year ago.
I don't have a clue what our starting 11 is going to be, so how do you know? Much weaker, how?

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
None of the players you brought in so far are even close to Suarez level, He was by far the best player in the league last season.
Yes, but as a squad we will be stronger. More options, especially on the bench - which we didn't have last season.

The point is we don't know (at least I don't) what the starting 11 will be, who we will sign for the rest of the window. I do understand why people think Suarez will affect our season, but for now I don't see how you can
say what our starting 11 will be nor really predict the league status - it's too early to say.

Looks like we are close to signing our 4th new player, but none have kicked a ball for us yet.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Let's not write off rival teams until transfer window is over, eh?

Actually I find these threads a little pointless until we get to September 1st. Liverpool COULD go out and sign a few world class players between now and then.

OR they could stick with what they've got and we sign 3 or 4 more world class players.

My point being, lots of players to leave and lots of fresh faces to arrive yet.
Posting in every thread is not compulsory, you can just stay out of any discussion and leave it to the people interested in it.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I don't have a clue what our starting 11 is going to be, so how do you know? Much weaker, how?
As it stands, any line up you can put out will be without your best player, so weaker. Not that complicated surely?

You might sign Thiago Silva and James Rodriguez and a few more that would change this, but as it stands your squad is stronger but your first XI is weaker.

the hea

Yes, but as a squad we will be stronger. More options, especially on the bench - which we didn't have last season.

The point is we don't know (at least I don't) what the starting 11 will be, who we will sign for the rest of the window. I do understand why people think Suarez will affect our season, but for now I don't see how you can
say what our starting 11 will be nor really predict the league status - it's too early to say.

Looks like we are close to signing our 4th new player, but none have kicked a ball for us yet.
I said Lambert, Lallana and Marcovic are good additions to your squad and you have a broader squad than last season but you can only have 11 players on the pitch and Suarez would have been the first name on the team sheet had he still been at Liverpool. So whatever might be your best 11 it is still a lot weaker without Suarez than it would have been with him in it.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I said Lambert, Lallana and Marcovic are good additions to your squad and you have a broader squad than last season but you can only have 11 players on the pitch and Suarez would have been the first name on the team sheet had he still been at Liverpool. So whatever might be your best 11 it is still a lot weaker without Suarez than it would have been with him in it.
It depends on the rest of the window, we don't know come the start of the season what the starting XI will be, it would be daft to rule out the fact we could be weaker as he (was) clearly our best player.
However, to predict a 6th placed battle is premature, we just don't know what further additions will be made, or what impact the new players will have.

Sturridge with the likes of Coutinho, Markovic, Lallana, Lambert, Sterling sounds exciting to me. Long term you may be right, it's just too early to judge.

the hea

It depends on the rest of the window, we don't know come the start of the season what the starting XI will be, it would be daft to rule out the fact we could be weaker as he (was) clearly our best player.
However, to predict a 6th placed battle is premature, we just don't know what further additions will be made, or what impact the new players will have.
Trying to predict the future is not for me, I based my opinion on what I know today for all i know you could sign Messi, Ronaldo and Reus tomorrow but I don´t think I have the ability to see into the future so I base my opinions on what is currently known to me

Parry Gallister

Plenty of time and money to be spent yet. That said, with the improvements looking a bit 'squad-ish', I've every hope they'll do a Spurs.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Is co-ownership allowed in the Premier League? I know third party ownership is forbidden but I don´t think I have ever heard of a co-ownership deal in the PL.
No. Its banned apparently. So Liverpool must have done a deal with both parties.

Hamadovich86

So thats Markovic, Llana, Lambert and Emre Can. I would say those are good purchases for the scousers, they've added depth to their squad something that they sorely lacked last season.

Suarez will leave a big gap in terms of goal scoring and no one player will be able to replace however if Rodgers can get his remaining forwards to compensate for the goals Suarez scored it wouldnt be a catastrophe.

I would say they have a very good squad and will be challenging for the top spots but it is crucial for them to sign quality defenders to mount another serious title challenge.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
So thats Markovic, Llana, Lambert and Emre Can. I would say those are good purchases for the scousers, they've added depth to their squad something that they sorely lacked last season.

Suarez will leave a big gap in terms of goal scoring and no one player will be able to replace however if Rodgers can get his remaining forwards to compensate for the goals Suarez scored it wouldnt be a catastrophe.

I would say they have a very good squad and will be challenging for the top spots but it is crucial for them to sign quality defenders to mount another serious title challenge.
Don't disagree with this although I think a tweak in the system rather than actual personnel is more important when it comes to defending. A little less open would have a significant affect on the goals against column.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
They haven't officially announced the signing yet, only a matter of time I guess. Nothing on LFC TV or the official site.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Suarez will leave a big gap in terms of goal scoring.
Through my own calculations (which I won't bore you with) I think we'll drop around 12 points next season as a direct result of Suarez leaving. So we're looking at a finish of around 70-75 points mark. It may just be enough for a top 4 finish.

If we challenge for the league again then I will be as surprised as most Utd fans on here who have us finishing 6th.