Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Rafateria

He's just a bit ungainly on the ball but his passing is fairly decent he usually picks out good forward agressive passes when given time. The only times he gets in a muddle is when there's no outlet for him to pass to, or he's sometimes guilty of dwelling on the ball slightly too long and inviting pressure. He'd be the first defender on my teamsheet thats for sure.
And for me. That pretty much sums him up.. Immensely strong.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Correct.
What are your thoughts on what Skrtel did after the Rooney - Mignolet incident? Still inconclusive but it looks like he blew snot on him.-

Rafateria

I'd be amazed if that happens. He isn't better than any of our current wingers and hasn't played as a pure striker since the World Cup. At the moment, he just isn't good enough to warrant a spot in our starting eleven.

Also disagree on the Sterling part - it would be a disaster for us if we lose him in the summer. Ibe isn't on Sterling's level and has only shown flashes of his abilities yet. We need Sterling if we want to improve in the next couple of years, him being here also attracts other top class players and that's what we need.
Definitely agree in Origi. He is a replacement for Lambert or maybe Balotelli in squad terms. It will be 2-3 seasons before he truly breaks through .. if ever.

Disagree on Ibe vs. Sterling. Sterling matured quicker and got the breaks however he still has some weaknesses (naturally at his age). Ibe for me has a higher ceiling even though he has matured (or didn't get the chances) slower. He was a revelation once he got his chance, at Derby, and so impressive that we brought him back mid-season.
If we look at his strengths he is faster than Sterling, he goes past defenders quicker, he has excellent technical skills and keeps possession very well .. and importably he is a far better striker of the ball and scores more goals as well as being built like a brick shithouse so very difficult to get off the ball ! I'm really excited to see Ibe get some more games this season but believe he will really break through next season .. unless this is all blind optimism and I'm way off the mark !

Last edited:

Rafateria

Correct.
What are your thoughts on what Skrtel did after the Rooney - Mignolet incident? Still inconclusive but it looks like he blew snot on him.-
Oh this is a new one on me. I'm a photographer and have some major hiking trips lined up over the next 18 months (Iceland, Patagonia, Sichuan-Yunnan, Nepal) and have been engrossed in planning since the match ended, The 3 weeks in Iceland starts early June.

I will have to go back to the Liverpool forums to see if I can find videos and see what is being made of it.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Oh this is a new one on me. I'm a photographer and have some major hiking trips lined up over the next 18 months (Iceland, Patagonia, Sichuan-Yunnan, Nepal) and have been engrossed in planning since the match ended, The 3 weeks in Iceland starts early June.

I will have to go back to the Liverpool forums to see if I can find videos and see what is being made of it.
Maybe it was nothing as nobody seems to be making a fuss.

You'll miss your footy. I see nothing on TV over here.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Definitely agree in Origi. He is a replacement for Lambert or maybe Balotelli in squad terms. It will be 2-3 seasons before he truly breaks through .. if ever.

Disagree on Ibe vs. Sterling. Sterling matured quicker and got the breaks however he still has some weaknesses (naturally at his age). Ibe for me has a higher ceiling even though he has matured (or didn't get the chances) slower. He was a revelation once he got his chance, at Derby, and so impressive we brought him back mid-season.
If we look at his strengths he is faster than Sterling, he goes past defenders quicker, he has excellent technical skills and keeps possession very well .. and importably he is a far better striker of the ball and scores more goals. I'm really excited to see Ibe get some more games this season but believe he will really break through next season .. unless this is all blind optimism and I'm way off the mark !
I wasn't trying to deny he doesn't have as much or even more potential as Sterling does. Someone said it wouldn't be the worst thing if we lost Sterling this summer because we've got a direct replacement ready for him, but I didn't agree with that. It would be catastrophal if we lose him, even if Ibe would be ready to directly replace him in our starting eleven (which I seriously doubt). No doubt he has the capacity to do so, but I just don't think he's there yet.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Lots of former and current LFC legends are playing at Anfield right now. Looking forward to seeing some of them including Adam, Spearing, Borini, Mario, Downing and Shelvey. :drool:

Edit: How could I forget Jones, Kelly and Flanangen...

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
anyone watching? there were some problems at the begining with the graphics on LFC TV. It showed MUFC v Chelsea penality shootout board :lol:

Raw

Balotelli actually scored :eek:

Already matched his number of league goals in this game alone, what a player.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

Lots of former and current LFC legends are playing at Anfield right now. Looking forward to seeing some of them including Adam, Spearing, Borini, Mario, Downing and Shelvey. :drool:

What's John Terry and Henry doing there? :lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
:lol: This is just patehtic. Slippy XI are getting some very cheap penalties so that they keep themselves in the game.

Redo91

Why the hell are Craig Noone, Gael Clichy and Scott Dann involved?! So random! :lol: