Liverpool - 2017/18

Bwuk

And therein lies United's problem.

Next time, best try thinking about it.
Yawn.

Your best CB is desperate to leave you to come here.

Enjoy your new stadium, hopefully you can win something soon otherwise the trophy cabinet is going to look awfully empty.

Maybe ask Jurgen for some tips, seems to be the master of plaudits without tangible success.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We’ll spend £300m without thinking about it, and despite being poor and Liverpool having their best season in years, finished above you.

Would be very surprised if you scored anywhere near as much next season.

Liverpool will drop out the top 4 unless Salah can have another 40+ goal season.
I think that’s part of your problem, blindly stumbling around throwing money about without any thought. You need more Matic’s and less Di Maria’s.

We’ve been scoring goals regularly under Klopp. I don’t think they’ll suddenly dry up. A lot depends on who we bring in though, just like it does with United.

Bwuk

I think that’s part of your problem, blindly stumbling around throwing money about without any thought. You need more Matic’s and less Di Maria’s.

We’ve been scoring goals regularly under Klopp. I don’t think they’ll suddenly dry up. A lot depends on who we bring in though, just like it does with United.
You had someone break the premier league goal scoring record and finished in the top 4 on the last day of the season.

Do you think Salah will break it again? Because I doubt that.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
You just lost the biggest final in the world comfortably. You also scraped top 4.

You'll do okay but will never set the world alight. Par season for you again. Three years without a trophy for Klopp.
Comfortably with our best player out and a keeper who gifted 2 goals. That's our fault though for not having better subs and keepers. No problem. We will be fine. Very proud of our team and looking forward to the future. You on the other hand are stuck with a miserable mgr who does not get the best out of his players. If anything, he has them playing down to his opponents. He is great defensively and real good at nullifying the opponents best strikers ect...but unlike us, are you excited about nest season? I think not

Bwuk

Comfortably with our best player out and a keeper who gifted 2 goals. That's our fault though for not having better subs and keepers. No problem. We will be fine. Very proud of our team and looking forward to the future. You on the other hand are stuck with a miserable mgr who does not get the best out of his players. If anything, he has them playing down to his opponents. He is great defensively and real good at nullifying the opponents best strikers ect...but unlike us, are you excited about nest season? I think not
You got top 4 last day of the season, despite having someone break the goal scoring record.

Your defence is hilariously bad, and a very average midfield. Carried by a front three who performed well above any previous season.

A truely together squad who never acknowledged their keeper after the whistle. YAWN indeed.

Unless your front three continue scoring at a rate well beyond anything theyve previously done - enjoy 5/6th.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
You had someone break the premier league goal scoring record and finished in the top 4 on the last day of the season.

Do you think Salah will break it again? Because I doubt that.
No but I think we’ll be better defensively with Van Dijk for an entire season. Keita, hopefully Fekir, Lascelles/Tarkowski and a new keeper would see us better off as well imo.

Morpheus 7

We didn’t have a great start to the season but we’ve improved compared to last year. We’re better defensively and have finished with only one point less despite having European football added on. Madrid got a fair bit of luck on their way to the final as well but both teams deserved to be there based on their performance in the competition this year though.

Do you think things are terrible at Liverpool? Other than the disappointment of not winning anything yet, I don’t think we’re in a terrible position.

I’d find it strange of you thought United were much closer to challenging City than we are based on what I’ve seen from both sides this season. That’s why I asked if you think United can challenge next season.
Liverpool were absolutely excellent in Europe, Salah had a crazy season. You can argue except for City it was a easier run to the final, but you can only beat who your drawn up against. That said, it's ultimately another season with no trophies. Liverpool were dumped out early of the other cups and finished 4th. Progress with some players like Robertson, Van Djik, Trent but the squad is still light. The bench is so average it would look poor in a Europa league knock out stage game, never mind a CL final. Getting a good keeper is the hardest thing, it takes time. Liverpool will win feck all to they sort it out, simple as. Progress as in tightening up since Christmas at the back, otherwise it's more of the same in the league. Liverpool are great when teams are open but can't break down anyone down who sits in. Klopp has one way of playing and it's impressive but has no plan B. Any team that lose there best player will suffer but Liverpool look fragile mentally without Salah. It's like they lose belief which is a worrying sign. If Liverpool buy a good goalkeeper and make a few squad additions they could challenge. Progress can definitely be measured by performances on the field, ultimately it comes down to trophies and Klopp hasn't delivered again.

Bwuk

No but I think we’ll be better defensively with Van Dijk for an entire season. Keita, hopefully Fekir, Lascelles/Tarkowski and a new keeper would see us better off as well imo.
Lascelled and Tarkowski aren’t any better than what you have. They just play in weaker teams with a deeper line.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ha ha loving these salty tears of defeat!

Bravo.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Lascelled and Tarkowski aren’t any better than what you have. They just play in weaker teams with a deeper line.
Agree to disagree then. You think Liverpool will be worse next season, I don’t.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
4 years the World has known lovern is crap but then he starts him in a final
I am far from a fan of Lovren but he was excellent tonight. If anything he vindicated Klopp's faith in him on the night. If Karius doesn't gift two goals and the stars align more up front (salah plays ) he'd have been fondly remembered for his solid part in winning the final.

Still don't want him as a starter next season but no complaints about him tonight.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
:lol:

haram

I am far from a fan of Lovren but he was excellent tonight. If anything he vindicated Klopp's faith in him on the night. If Karius doesn't gift two goals and the stars align more up front (salah plays ) he'd have been fondly remembered for his solid part in winning the final.

Still don't want him as a starter next season but no complaints about him tonight.
You were not going to win Salah or no Salah.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
You were not going to win Salah or no Salah.
On a night where Karius doesn't make those mistakes who knows. There wasn't much in it tonight besides Karius.

haram

On a night where Karius doesn't make those mistakes who knows. There wasn't much in it tonight besides Karius.
You would have slowed down and Real’s quality takes them over the line. They’ve won 3 in a row for a reason. Liverpool were not, and are not anything special.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
You would have slowed down and Real’s quality takes them over the line. They’ve won 3 in a row for a reason. Liverpool were not, and are not anything special.
Yadda yadda. That's just posthumous narrative. The game itself didn't tell that story.

SecondFig

Overall it's still been a good season regardless as the continued progression of the team is clear. Tonight shows there is still a long way to go to be able to compete with the top European teams though.
Yeah, as a Utd fan I'm bloody relieved you lost tonight, but overall you've had a good season and there are plenty of reasons to be very optimistic. Keita's arrival should improve you significantly, and if you can get a better keeper (not based just on tonight) and add a little depth you should be right up there next season. Plus you play good, attractive football. It's bloody sickening...

SecondFig

Dunno about that, they got to the CL final and while you don't get a trophy for coming 2nd, it's still been a good season for them. They've played some great football, had some great results and can look a final that could have very easily been very different.

haram

Yadda yadda. That's just posthumous narrative. The game itself didn't tell that story.
Yeah lets forget what has happened to you away in the big games this year and what Real have been doing for three years. Real would have won anyway.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah lets forget what has happened to you away in the big games this year and what Real have been doing for three years. Real would have won anyway.
Broken record

haram

Dunno about that, they got to the CL final and while you don't get a trophy for coming 2nd, it's still been a good season for them. They've played some great football, had some great results and can look a final that could have very easily been very different.
They also finished 4th. They also got dumped out the domestic cups early. Come back when they consistently reach semis and finals in the CL if you want to talk about Europe. They are nothing special.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Or the truth. You can delude yourself all you like.
Meh. I don't mind calling quits on debate with posters who obviously don't have a reflective thought in their bones on the topic in question.

haram

Meh. I don't mind calling quits on debate with posters who obviously don't have a reflective thought in their bones on the topic in question.
Stick your head in the sand then. Maybe you will reach another final next year, press your heart out, and then have quality opposition players make full use of the space you cant close down after 60 mins. It’s Modric and Kroos feeding Ronaldo, Bale, Isco and Benzema. You are deluded if you think the game does not alter in the latter stages. Or that Real havent been down this road before against BETTER teams.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Deep down Liverpool fans, you know it would’ve been a travesty for football if Jordan Henderson had lifted that trophy.

All is right with the world and equilibrium has been restored to football.

No one really wanted to see that try-hard Gerrard-wannabe cnut near that trophy.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Deep down Liverpool fans, you know it would’ve been a travesty for football if Jordan Henderson had lifted that trophy.

All is right with the world and equilibrium has been restored to football.

No one really wanted to see that try-hard Gerrard-wannabe cnut near that trophy.
I was having a hard time picturing him with that trophy, but then I’ve been of the opinion that we need to replace him for a while anyway.

Nothing is right about the Spanish monopoly which currently exists in European football though. I’m bored of it now.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I think we played well overall. Our back four was solid throughout the night, with both full-backs playing superbly (Robertson is probably my MOTM). Midfield was competitive for large portions of the game, but we didn't look like the same team when Salah went off.

Karius...

Klopp couldn't have done much more. You look at Zidane, he brings on Bale, he changes the game - We don't have those options, and that's what we need in the summer. We need players that can come off the bench & make a difference, or push one of our current players to the bench so they can some on and make the difference.

Still, I'm proud of the team, I hope Salah & Carvajal can both recover for the world cup, and I hope Karius goes back to being a Sons of Anarchy stunt double.

Good season.
Thought you were pretty much outplayed over the course of the game to be honest.

66% possession for Real, with more goals scored than you had shots on target. 18 fouls by you and just 5 for them...

I know that stats only tell a piece of the picture, but still, watching the game as a United fan, I never really felt that you were gonna win it.

Klopp teams tend to fail in finals, and yet again, you had that nervy, overly excited, 'plucky' energy written all over you.

Salah's injury was genuinely unfortunate, and I really do hope that he's ok for the World Cup, but once the game had settled (before his injury) there was a feeling of men vs boys out there.

And don't really know that you should call it a good season, you've finished 4th, won nothing, sold your 2nd best player in January and just had a big defeat in a game that will sit with lots of your players for a long time.

If 4th is enough for a 'good season', then fair enough.

TheReligion

Abusive
He also made several good saves to keep you in it.

Liverpool were in the game for all of 20 minutes then Madrid took over for the remaining 70. Modric dominated the midfield and you didn't get a sniff. The best team won and at a canter (if you're totally honest).

It was a one sided affair by 90 minutes.

SER19

Liverpool fans realise that Karius is part of their team yes? That they weren’t forced to play him by Madrid. If he doesn’t make the mistakes we might have won. If we had won the game we might have won.

Chiken138

Supports
FC Bayern München
Do u guys think Liverpool will stick with Karius and Mignolet next Season? Or will they buy a keeper

kidbob

Serious question for Pool fans. At what point is next year not your year? I get that we only won the League all those times because Fergie had the refs in his pocket stopping an always superior Liverpool side from winning it. Does the same apply for City now? Is the 'next year' ever just going to die out?

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
Serious question for Pool fans. At what point is next year not your year?
I'm not totally sure what you mean but I don't think you can blame fans for having that belief, even if some do go over the top with it.

Compared to some of the past few years there is the sign of an improving team under Klopp, and clear progression in each of his 2 full seasons in charge.

There are clear weaknesses yes, but the hope is they will continue to be addressed and the step by step improvement will continue.

Whether that will be enough for a league title remains to be seen. Even if City do drop off a little from this season, to finish above them you're still probably gonna have to look at hitting 88+ points as a minimum.

Without the hope though, why bother being a fan? This is the thing that keep us all coming back game after game, season after season. The belief that eventually it'll all pay off for your club.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Pretty good performance for the first half an hour where it was equal but after Salah's injury I think Madrid bossed the match. Still pretty strong basics. I don't particularly agree with the assumption that Liverpool will be the main title challengers to City next season. I think unfortunately City will keep on dominating the league.