Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
What do you mean by might? Liverpool are the current 2019 Premier League champions - it clearly says so in the thread title.

Stop toying with our fragile emotions. It's just not on.
:lol: Sorry about that. I forgot that we'd already won the league and our 6th European Cup too. It must have been all the beer I consumed during the celebration that made me forget :D

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
City are a nothing club in a lot of people's views right now. That may change in years to come but people would rather see City win than anyone else as it's just hollow. Hell, I'd even rather watch City win the league than Spurs as Spurs are a bigger club and it would mean more
Glaston? Is that you?

montpelier

I just wondered if in 13/14 there was England Lion Stevie G being cheered on by the neutrals in a way that Jordan Henderson & Milner maybe aren't.

And in 13/14 they had a very reasonable claim to be playing the nicest football - this season I don't think that they do, really.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Without Martial and Lingard , we will be toothless upfront .

Feck , finally it might happen this year .

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Money on Sanchez to regain his form for this game.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Glaston? Is that you?
Nobody cares if you win the league because Manchester City's fanbase in England consists of 5 men and a dog. I've never met a City fan despite the fact I've met fans of clubs from all tiers of English football.

Perhaps in 5-10 years when the glory hunters grow up, you'll be annoying, but for now aside for the fact you have disgusting owners you're just a very good side who play great football and don't really have enough fans to irritate anybody.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
If those two are our it's theirs to win. Everything is going their way this season.
Heard similar said when Arnautavic was out for West Ham, and we still were lucky to get even a draw from that game. You could have your entire first XI out, and a game at Old Trafford would still be a coin flip :D It'll be a hard game for both teams. Honestly, I'd take a draw now.

Predicting in advance: If we lose, Klopp will point to the fact you played your CL game a week earlier so had more time to prepare :lol:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Nobody cares if you win the league because Manchester City's fanbase in England consists of 5 men and a dog. I've never met a City fan despite the fact I've met fans of clubs from all tiers of English football.

Perhaps in 5-10 years when the glory hunters grow up, you'll be annoying, but for now aside for the fact you have disgusting owners you're just a very good side who play great football and don't really have enough fans to irritate anybody.
I've literally never met a Spurs fan before. You've won two league titles in your history. Pipe down. City had a bigger stadium and better attendances than you when Stuart Pearce managed us. You had 29,000 fans at your game v Watford this season. City had a better attendance in League One against Macclesfield in 1999. I can abide by a United or Liverpool or Arsenal fan acting all high and mighty but a Spurs fan? feck off :lol:

el magico

Supports
Manchester City

You've just had 29k for a league game. Those who live in glass houses..

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
I've literally never met a Spurs fan before. You've won two league titles in your history. Pipe down. City had a bigger stadium and better attendances than you when Stuart Pearce managed us. You had 29,000 fans at your game v Watford this season. City had a better attendance in League One against Macclesfield in 1999. I can abide by a United or Liverpool or Arsenal fan acting all high and mighty but a Spurs fan? feck off :lol:
:lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Predictions for Sunday's game?

Personally, I think United are going to win it by the relatively comfortable scoreline of 3-1 (Rashford hattrick) (Salah dive + penalty conversion)

Merseyside will be in mourning. Manchester (Stockport and Didsbury included) will be celebrating.

Goodtimes.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

This would be brilliant if I acted 'high and mighty'.

All I said was that nobody cares if you win the league because you don't have enough of a presence in England. You're obviously a bit of a sensitive soul and can't accept that. I wouldn't expect many people to care if we won the league either because we don't have a large or annoying fanbase. It's not the same as a club like United, Arsenal or Liverpool winning stuff.

Also, I'm happy with my club. We built ourselves up from nothing the right way, your success is all built on blood money.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You've just had 29k for a league game. Those who live in glass houses..
It would be glass houses if I was here pretending we're some massive club.

We aren't. We're (most) neutrals favourite to win the league because we're not a) a plastic club like City and b) don't have the large, annoying presence that Liverpool do.

People don't care about City winning stuff because you don't (yet) have the presence. That doesn't mean I think Spurs do, I accept the fact that we're hardly the place for glory hunters to flock to.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.

Personally, I think United are going to win it by the relatively comfortable scoreline of 3-1 (Rashford hattrick) (Salah dive + penalty conversion)

Merseyside will be in mourning. Manchester (Stockport and Didsbury included) will be celebrating.

Goodtimes.
It's actually a week on Sunday so hopefully at least one of our two injured players will be back for that.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Martial/Lingard with 2-3 week injuries pretty much rules them out of the game against us.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Goodtimes.
Are you sticking with this now that Lingard & Martial are ruled out?

I feel more confident now about that game.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
It'll be a 1-1 draw. Can see it easily.
Sounds about right, and regardless of City's form & the fact many would say we desperately need 3 points, I'd take a draw if offered now.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I hope United will get at least a point, but my gut feeling is a 2-0 Liverpool win.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So that's our chances against them gone with the injuries.

Their title to lose. Which they probably won't. Feckittty feck.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Money on Sanchez to regain his form for this game.
:lol: Sure thing.

He hasn't lost form IMO. He has either regressed and is finished at the top level (most likely) or is in a terrible rut. Either way he isn't springing out of it suddenly and most likely won't seriously do so with us.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Are you sticking with this now that Lingard & Martial are ruled out?

I feel more confident now about that game.
This would be just the reaction Ole was looking for if he is indeed, as suspected, playing mind-games with Klopp. Don't be surprised if you see both Martial and Lingard in the first 11 next Sunday.

I'm still very confident we will win the game with or without the aforementioned. No feeble excuses.

Are you going to make a prediction?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This would be just the reaction Ole was looking for if he is indeed, as suspected, playing mind-games with Klopp. Don't be surprised if you see both Martial and Lingard in the first 11 next Sunday.

I'm still very confident we will win the game with or without the aforementioned. No feeble excuses.

Are you going to make a prediction?
I don't think it's mind games at all. I think both are injured.

I think we'll win if neither of those two play so I'll go 2-1 Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.