Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
They kept on hoofing the ball upfield for entire first half. Mourinho esque style of football. Also embarassing that they haven't created anything against us with do many problems all around.

Hazza83

Supports
Liverpool
They kept on hoofing the ball upfield for entire first half. Mourinho esque style of football. Also embarassing that they haven't created anything against us with do many problems all around.
Liverpool have been poor the first half. Surely the lack of ambition from the home team is also embarrassing? Possession stats are 60-40 in favour of the away team.

Kapardin

That's how they have been mixing it up this season. Their football hasn't been pretty at all, they have just been as effective and drilled like Mourinho's Chelsea side in 14/15.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Liverpool have been poor the first half. Surely the lack of ambition from the home team is also embarrassing? Possession stats are 60-40 in favour of the away team.
Lack of ambition? With so many problems in our team and yet we have created better chances than them.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
What happened before and during the match went straight over your head, didn't it?

Handré1990

I’d say Ole’s done his homework. You lot struggle v low compact blocks, and letting you have possession is part of it, because, well, you don’t have a Pogba...

Our main objective is to not lose, considering the situation at hand.

Hazza83

Supports
Liverpool
Lack of ambition? With so many problems in our team and yet we have created better chances than them.
Yes, but even before today's injuries, its curious to see the home team sit back and play counter at home.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Yes, but even before today's injuries, its curious to see the home team sit back and play counter at home.
You do realise we started this gamr without 2 or 3 key players, and that Liverpool are the team thag is fighting for a Premier League title?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In a similar situation, City would have put us to the sword. City's to win.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In a similar situation, City would have put us to the sword. City's to win.

Varun

Staff
Talking about our lack of ambition after that display from your lads? :lol:

Hazza83

Supports
Liverpool
You do realise we started this gamr without 2 or 3 key players, and that Liverpool are the team thag is fighting for a Premier League title?
Yes, and it makes sense I suppose. Naively, I thought the tactics would change since Mourinho was no longer in charge, but sadly they didn't. To be clear, Liverpool were shocking tonight and didn't come close to unlocking the low block.

Judas

Open to offers
City favourites for me now. Liverpool when it counts look scared and nervous. City would have come out in that second half and put it to bed before 60 minutes.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What a bunch of pussies.
Yes, and it makes sense I suppose. Naively, I thought the tactics would change since Mourinho was no longer in charge, but sadly they didn't. To be clear, Liverpool were shocking tonight and didn't come close to unlocking the low block.
Unless you're blind or stupid, they have massively changed.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Their injuries changed their tactics obviously. There was zero hunger from us we've been awful throughout 2019, even with all the rest we've been getting.

Member 114837

Talking about our lack of ambition after that display from your lads? :lol:
United had the better chances. At least 3 shots on target.

Liverpool did not have a shot on goal after 33 minutes. Just shambolic football. The midfield and forward line can not string a few good passes together.

AndyJ1985

It'll be a farce if City don't win the league. They have by far the better squad

el3mel

See that's what I said previously. This season is they're very boring. Just efficient in most games but overall, boring. The forwards barely get any setters to score.

They were far better last season.

Member 114837

Their injuries changed their tactics obviously. There was zero hunger from us we've been awful throughout 2019, even with all the rest we've been getting.
You would think that those warm weather trips are more harmful than actually playing cup football.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Liverpool, as has been pointed out many times before, are gash and in a totally false position in the league based on incredible luck for themselves and misfortune to their rivals. We played most of that game with our stiffs yet were comfortably the most dangerous team on the pitch. They created feck all. Here’s to them royally fecking up their title push now and City usurping them in hilarious fashion.

Varun

Staff
United had the better chances. At least 3 shots on target.

Liverpool did not have a shot on goal after 33 minutes. Just shambolic football. The midfield and forward line can not string a few good passes together.
Yup, we shaded the game and looked like the side more likely to score. Pool were more than happy to take the draw when we had half the team injured and then the clown here comes up questioning our ambition :lol:

J_XO

Their remaining fixtures are quite favourable though aren't they? They look lost for ideas and long may it continue

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I know it’s Old Trafford but Christ that was awful. All we ended up doing was aimlessly crossing it to no one and long balls against a United side with half their first choice XI missing.

City are miles better than we are.

Also Salah is a wet wipe. Goes missing and hides in these big games this season.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
For all your possession, you created absolutely nothing by the way of goalscoring opportunities. Luke Shaw (fecking heroic performance from him today) completely nullified your one and only creative presence, Salah. Liverpool would be scrapping for top-four without the incredibly good fortune they team have received this season. You had one shot on target and that was on the 30-minute mark. Your team should be ashamed of themselves given the injuries to our entire midfield.

United had more chances and was largely the better team in the second-half - certainly the most likely to find the back of the net anyway - and on that basis alone we deserved the 3 points.

How your team are fighting for the title is anyone's guess.

AshRK

Bayern are going to beat them and the tide will start turning. That was a crappy performance. Reminded me of the 0-0 at anfield last season and after that game jose got battered. Ofcourse klopp would get a pass.

MoskvaRed

The added time was shocking from Liverpool - in a title race, drawing 0-0 and you finish off with two minutes of sideways passing that would make Van Gaal proud.

There’s no way they will keep pace with City in the run in. Simply not enough creativity.

jeolousonesstayenvious

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp gets a rating of zero today, poor tactics, wrong team selection and pointless substitutions. I hate his stubborn insistence of selecting his pets Milner and Henderson. No excuses today we should have won, United were decimated and still had the best chance, whilst showing more passion.

All our offensive players bar Widjnaldum cowered whereas United showed passion, i don’t wanna hear “we dominated” citing passion as basis from our fans. Milner completing 90 minutes is a travesty and negligent management.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
They look like they're feeling the pressure. They've not been at their free-flowing best for a few weeks now and often look scared to lose more than desperate to win. I think City will see it out with their experience and deeper squad.

I'd be fuming if the shoe was on the other foot, us playing them at Anfield and they lost 3 players to injury and kept 1 injured player on the pitch, and we still looked happy with a draw with 10-15 minutes to go. I felt today Liverpool were going to ramp it up and pen us in knowing that our front 3 were not really tracking back. But it never came.

Judas

Open to offers
If they'd won today, it would have done them the world of good confidence wise.

On paper Liverpool's fixtures look very kind, but they just look so nervy and scared.

Minimalist

City are a much better team for me (on their day). I’d be surprised if this Liverpool team pulls it off.

Kostov

They are such a lucky bunch and average as feck. IF they win the league it will be the most fluky win ever, they absolutely don't deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.