Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kidbob

Yes, and it makes sense I suppose. Naively, I thought the tactics would change since Mourinho was no longer in charge, but sadly they didn't. To be clear, Liverpool were shocking tonight and didn't come close to unlocking the low block.
Lad us today was like you guys missing Mane, Salah, Fabihno and with Firmino playing on one leg. How do you think you'd play against a top side in that situation?

Also we looked far more likely to score. Like far far more likely.

U99ted

Made to look toothless and if anything were lucky to get a point out of that.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Thought Liverpool were shite tbh, no threat whatsoever. The only times they got anywhere near was due to us giving the ball away needlessly or with help from their MoM Michael Oliver.

Vadim

They’re bottling it.

Klopp doesn’t rotate the front 3 enough and they’re knackered. Their midfielders don’t score enough goals or create enough.

City’s class and experience will win them the league again.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Toughest game of the season out of the way and still top. I'll take that for now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They're having the luck of their lives and they still can't take it. Absolutely trash peformance. City would have put us away comfortably today.

That was pretty pathetic, really. I can't quite believe we could have beaten them with the players we had on the pitch.

Bobski

Liverpool are an example of just how many points you can get in this league with a little momentum.

Good side, much more solid than in previous years but their midfield is still rather average creatively and they still rely on quick transitions. Not even close to a great team yet.

amolbhatia50k

I know it’s Old Trafford but Christ that was awful. All we ended up doing was aimlessly crossing it to no one and long balls against a United side with half their first choice XI missing.

City are miles better than we are.

Also Salah is a wet wipe. Goes missing and hides in these big games this season.
Why do you think you were so poor? I can't imagine any title winner of recent times being sooor against that depleted United side. Absolutely crap.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I’m amazed they didn’t do more to go for the win in the circumstances; those last couple of minutes in possession were basically time-wasting.

Vadim

Toughest game of the season out of the way and still top. I'll take that for now.
And there it is. The “I’m really happy honest!” post.

You needed to win that today. A 1 point lead over City isn’t enough at this stage.

What were you, 9 points clear at one stage? That’s a massive bottle job.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Why do you think you were so poor? I can't imagine any title winner of recent times being sooor against that depleted United side. Absolutely crap.
I don’t think we’re particularly good at the moment. Defensively we’ve been solid enough but since January we’ve looked disjointed.

We’re kinda hanging on a bit and hoping City get complacent again.

We look like we’re missing something in the final third.

Irwin99

Liverpool should have smelt blood especially with Rashford being in absolute agony for most of the match and against a young midfield that was dominated by a championship side a month or so.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool should have smelt blood especially with Rashford being in absolute agony for most of the match and against a young midfield that was dominated by a championship side a month or so.
Definitely. We were shite today. But after the dust has cleared it's not an awful result. As Neville said before the game - a defeat could have been a real momentum sucker.

That wasn’t really a performance of champions though was it?
And there it is. The “I’m really happy honest!” post.

You needed to win that today. A 1 point lead over City isn’t enough at this stage.

What were you, 9 points clear at one stage? That’s a massive bottle job.
Keep this up and you'll be watching City from a distance. From a possible 8 points ahead to just the 1.
We've won at Old Trafford 6 times in the last 39 years. I'm not 'really happy', but getting through that game intact with City still to go there isn't all bad. I haven't heard an atmosphere at OT like that in forever - you were desperate to beat us and take the wind out of our sails today. You didn't, and we remain top.

Denis79

Their fecking tactic today was to injure the opponent players. fecking disgrace of a club and manager. Hope they get destroyed by City.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don’t think we’re particularly good at the moment. Defensively we’ve been solid enough but since January we’ve looked disjointed.

Penetration is lacking big time. Just spraying balls out wide and hoping for a decent cross + finish just doesn't cut the mustard.

Your over-reliance on Salah being the sole creative spark is dangerous, particularly when he gets pocketed by the opposition full-back.

Robertson wasn't much of a threat either because Young sat deep enough to prevent him from getting in behind.

Both our fullbacks done you today.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Liverpool were dire today. Their fans and Sky trying to make out that was a positive result but in truth they were garbage against our reserves. If Rashford was fit I reckon we win that today.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t see this Liverpool side putting together a run in that pips City to the title. Their levels have dropped considerably since Christmas while City have picked up their rythum.

From watching their last 5 or 6 games, I think they’ve been very lucky to pick up the points they have. I think they’re going to drop points against Burnley, Chelsea and Tottenham and that’ll be them 5/6 points off the pace going into the final few fixtures.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Penetration is lacking big time. Just spraying balls out wide and hoping for a decent cross + finish just doesn't cut the mustard.

Your over-reliance on Salah being the sole creative spark is dangerous, particularly when he gets pocketed by the opposition full-back.

Robertson wasn't much of a threat either because Young sat deep enough to prevent him from getting in behind.

Both our fullbacks done you today.
Does feel like we didn’t have anything in our locker. When you have that much of the ball and create next to nothing, there’s definitely something wrong with the set up.

I did think United were excellent at the back though. Lindelof was especially good.

Irwin99

Would it be a fair comment that they could have been a bit smarter with those early free kicks? My first reaction to both occasions was absolute dread that they'd get a goal.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Would it be a fair comment that they could have been a bit smarter with those early free kicks? My first reaction to both occasions was absolute dread that they'd get a goal.
Despite how good Van Dijk is in the air, we’re not that good at finding him from set pieces.

TAA’s the only one with consistency when it comes to decent delivery.

gaucho_10

One more draw and They're done. They looked like They ran out of ideas.
They were done before the season even started. They are just not that good. They have shit midfield and they have a manager who is a one trick pony and he's also a wanker so there's karma.

amolbhatia50k

We've won at Old Trafford 6 times in the last 39 years. I'm not 'really happy', but getting through that game intact with City still to go there isn't all bad. I haven't heard an atmosphere at OT like that in forever - you were desperate to beat us and take the wind out of our sails today. You didn't, and we remain top.
And how many times have you played a 4th place challenging United side with 6/7 injured plauwrs while you are top? Certainly not even once since 2002.

Vadim

They’re fecking knackered as well. It happens to all Klopp teams when they hit February/March.

City won’t give a shite that their run-in is ‘harder’. They are capable of winning every single one of their fixtures.

Put it this way - if that were City against McTominay and Perrera today they’d have spanked us.

amolbhatia50k

Definitely. We were shite today. But after the dust has cleared it's not an awful result. As Neville said before the game - a defeat could have been a real momentum sucker.

I have to :lol: at "you were desperate to beat us and didn't". The lack of desperation to beat a crippled team is probably why you'll go another decade without winning the league.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
I have to :lol: at "you were desperate to beat us and didn't". The lack of desperation to beat a crippled team is probably why you'll go another decade without winning the league.
Before the game a draw would have been a decent result. That the in game circumstances were what they were ultimately doesn't change that. A draw remains a decent result.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
And how many times have you played a 4th place challenging United side with 6/7 injured plauwrs while you are top? Certainly not even once since 2002.
6 or 7 injured players? Name them? You had Matic and Martial out at the start of the game that's it. Bringing Lingaard on after coming off a hammy injury was idiotic.

Stookie

Nurse bell end

Yeah I agree with you here. Klopp seems too reliant on his front 3 and if they’re not in the game I don’t think he has a plan b. All teams seem to need to do against Liverpool is shut out those 3 and it falls to bits because I don’t think your midfield is good enough really.

amolbhatia50k

Before the game a draw would have been a decent result. That the in game circumstances were what they were ultimately doesn't change that. A draw remains a decent result.
Fair enough if that's your expectation. But you're up against an incredible City team.

We didn't just lose 3 players during the game itself. Matic, Martial and Lingard were injured prior to the game. City would not be happy with a draw against that amount of depletion let alone Herrera, Mata and Rashford (partly) added as well.

Also, I'm not sure your logic is convincing at all. Aren't expectations based on the situation? You would have been happy with finishing 3 points behind City at the start of the season. Would you still be happy that just because that's the way you felt at the start?

Status
Not open for further replies.