Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyox

Supports
Manchester City
Don't you know coming in second with 97 points is just as good as winning the title. At least that is what I've been hearing.
You're in danger of jinxing this! We've still got 2 games left that we need to win if Liverpool are to finish second on 97 points :)

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Time to face facts. If we end up on 97 points and not win the title, losing by ONE point to the most successful side in PL history, this is by no means an unsuccessful season by any stretch of the imagination. We've the highest points tally of any club other than Man City, and any other season we would have run away with this title, because the rest of the shower below us are nowhere near as good any more.

Couple that with yet another possible CL final, (and maybe even win that trophy), and this season looks just as good as City's.

What you and every other team (except City) should be worried about is many years of domination between both Liverpool and City from now on, as the gulf in class is becoming very apparent. We are in a mini league of our own now, and it may be too difficult for other clubs to reach both teams. This doesn't feel like a Rogers one-off season fluke anymore. It feels like Klopp is building a new dynasty here, and we will only get better next season, not worse. Liverpool are back, and its hurting everyone around us.
You guys are good...no doubt BUT and this is a big but. Many and I mean MANY decisions and lucky plays went your way this season more so then any other club and those decisions and plays won’t happen every season say Spurs and Everton as examples of the said plays I am talking about. Your “real” point tally taking away the luck is about 78-80 points. Still a very solid side but not near to as solid or competent as City. I will give you that you need that bit of luck to win the title but imagine being “back” and not winning 1 piece of silverware all season? That’s pretty dam bad in my books because finishing second place and getting a participation award is not being back. Don’t forget United has won more trophies then Liverpool in the past 5 years alone despite being shet.

What I will give you is you guys are no longer the losers and laughing stock you have been for 10 years. There are signs of a good team.

When people will look back in history no one will say “ oh wow Liverpool got 97 points” they will say “Man City were champions and Liverpool came second”

PGLFC91

Supports
Liverpool
Pogba and De Gea have been chased by Madrid for years if you believe the papers.
Bless you for having a go though.
It was just banter as a famous man once said! :angel:

But in all seriousness there are only two players in the United squad that would interest the top teams and if I was a top team - I'd stay well clear of both you have mentioned.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Hope they get pummelled, especially after their fans are being dickheads again. As if people drag 10 year old videos up to try and show that United fans are as bad as them.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool haven't won an away leg in a Europan Semi-Final since 1985! Hoping that changes tonight but that's a surprising stat considering that we've been in 8 European semi-finals since then

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The next few days are going to be quite eventful for Liverpool.

They're up against a top Barca side containing two ex-players, Suarez and Coutinho, swiftly followed by an encounter against a Newcastle team led by Prophet Rafa Benitez.

It would be so like Liverpool to have both their title and CL ambitions obliterated by 3 legends of the club.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool haven't won an away leg in a Europan Semi-Final since 1985! Hoping that changes tonight but that's a surprising stat considering that we've been in 8 European semi-finals since then
Well that's a ridiculous stat. Does that include the Europa League/Uefa Cup?

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Tbf European semi final aways should theoretically always be one of your top 3 hardest games of the season. Only "bye" semi final I can think of recently was United v Schalke. I'm sure the Europa has thrown up a fair few too but Liverpool haven't had the easiest draws in that

SiRed

Be horrible if Pool win the league. City i can tolerate - they are irrelevant in the football world at this point. Liverpool are everywhere, you cant watch football on any channel without seeing some ex scouser try to be non bias.

Insufferable c*nts the lot of them.

Cant wait for next season when yet again, its their year and they fight for 4th. They will be found out.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
On another note, Klopp has never lost a two-legged tie since he joined. Hope that stays the same.

Bwuk

Horrible feeling they'll win tonight.

Lets pray Messi has one of his unstoppable performances.

BaseFishing

Am i the only one here that hates City more than Liverpool? :nervous:
I empathise. Many people I know from abroad feel the same way, but here in the UK this is a big no-no, especially on the caf. People get banned for claiming any affection towards Liverpool (with the exception of Liverpool supporters obviously).

nycender

These haven't even won anything yet and the media love-in is already unbearable.

Minimalist

I empathise. Many people I know from abroad feel the same way, but here in the UK this is a big no-no, especially on the caf. People get banned for claiming any affection towards Liverpool (with the exception of Liverpool supporters obviously).
Can only assume by 'abroad' you mean the moon.

Pav1878

There's something wrong with you as a united fan if you have any fondness for Liverpool. You would never hear a Barca or Real Fan say they liked the other.

BaseFishing

These haven't even won anything yet and the media love-in is already unbearable.
The media have a love-in with pretty much any team that does really well at something. Spurs when they beat Dortmund and City, and last year when they beat Real. Liverpool's run in the CL last year and this year's league form. Chelsea when they started their season really well under Sarri. Arsenal when Emery had that period where they were looking really fluid. And obviously us from December-February this year. It literally happens with every team.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why the feck would anyone else have affection towards Livepool?

BaseFishing

There's something wrong with you as a united fan if you have any fondness for Liverpool. You would never hear a Barca or Real Fan say they liked the other.
Not disagreeing - just pointing out that people have been banned before - NOT for saying they like Liverpool, but rather for saying that they dislike City more than they do Liverpool.

BaseFishing

Has this ever actually happened, though?
Check out the thread called "Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition", page 51. Look under the profile names for the people that have been banned. Some guy literally just pointed out that Liverpool would have a claim to being the team with the greatest history in English football if they won another champions league. He didn't even state any strong opinions on it.

Someone else was calling the mods "tribalistic" for banning people for it. Banned. Of course.

Red For Ever

Time to face facts. If we end up on 97 points and not win the title, losing by ONE point to the most successful side in PL history, this is by no means an unsuccessful season by any stretch of the imagination. We've the highest points tally of any club other than Man City, and any other season we would have run away with this title, because the rest of the shower below us are nowhere near as good any more.

Couple that with yet another possible CL final, (and maybe even win that trophy), and this season looks just as good as City's.

What you and every other team (except City) should be worried about is many years of domination between both Liverpool and City from now on, as the gulf in class is becoming very apparent. We are in a mini league of our own now, and it may be too difficult for other clubs to reach both teams. This doesn't feel like a Rogers one-off season fluke anymore. It feels like Klopp is building a new dynasty here, and we will only get better next season, not worse. Liverpool are back, and its hurting everyone
around us.

Staying at the top is harder than getting to the top, and second is first of the losers however you want to try and dress it up.

Not many people gloat about what they are going to do, usually, they wait until they have actually done something.

But hey, its Liverpool's year.

Status
Not open for further replies.