Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Treble

Haven't seen this place so happy this season, just imagine what it'll be like when we actually lose a game that matters.

Can't wait till Saturday.
Yup, it doesn't matter that you lost a game in the cups. You've won so many trophies over the last decade that you shouldn't bother with the league cup.

Vadim

Liverpool Football Club. The self-proclaimed best team in the land without actually winning anything.

I thought they had squad depth now? Fabinho looks average at best. And that GK and defence isn't depth. Liverpool have a very good first 11 and after that, well, we all know what Alberto Moreno brings to the table.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Yup, it doesn't matter that you lost a game in the cups. You've won so many trophies over the last decade that you shouldn't bother with the league cup.
Like I said even before the game - no one cares about the League Cup, and every top team playing their B-side proves that.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I still view Milner as our second choice LB. If we had a must win game, it seems a lot more likely to me that Klopp would reluctantly drop Milner from MF to LB & put in Keita/Hendo/Fabinho in the middle, or as someone mentioned earlier, perhaps even play Clyne there.

Treble

Like I said even before the game - no one cares about the League Cup, and every top team playing their B-side proves that.
Why did you play Mane and then sub in Firmino, Henderson and Salah? Why risk injuries? Because you didn't care at all.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Sure, you used to date 9’s. Once upon a time you were legendary for it, the guy who always left with the hottest girl. But it’s been a while now hasn’t it? Each time you go out to the club, you’re so sure that the old magic is coming back, and each night that 9 turns her nose up. Sometimes you get so close, but at the end of the night she always ends up walking out with someone else. Just last time around, you made it all the way to the taxi, but then another guy stepped in at the last minute.

So now you’re all ready, you’ve got a smart new shirt, your best aftershave on and a plush new haircut. The 9 keeps looking at you across the dance floor and everything is going just how you dreamed it. But when the last song plays, will you really be walking out with her, or will you be riding home alone yet again, wishing you hadn’t brushed off that 6.5 quite so easily?
Fantastic :lol:

Vadim

Rubbish. You'd love it if Klopp and Liverpool won the League Cup this season. You'd all believe you're making huge progress because you're finally playing entertaining football AND winning trophies.

The arrogance from you is quite something. I've got married and had two children since Liverpool last won a trophy. Yet you scoff at the competition as if it's worthless.

friedeggden

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool Football Club. The self-proclaimed best team in the land without actually winning anything.

I thought they had squad depth now? Fabinho looks average at best. And that GK and defence isn't depth. Liverpool have a very good first 11 and after that, well, we all know what Alberto Moreno brings to the table.
I've seen more United fans talking about Liverpool being the next big thing than I have Liverpool fans. It was a united fan on here that said VVD was the best CB in world football currently...something a lot of Liverpool fans would disagree with.

I thought Fabinho did a decent job last night, to call him an average player after one performance in the cup is harsh. Our defence has depth so not sure what you mean? We started Matip at the weekend and finished with a partnership of him and Gomez and we won the game. Last night was the first game Lovren has played all season, that is exactly what defensive depth means.

We lost out to a really good goal from probably the best player in the league at present, doesn't really strike fear into me about our squad depth.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Why did you play Mane and then sub in Firmino, Henderson and Salah? Why risk injuries? Because you didn't care at all.
You wanna win every game you participate in, doesn't mean you're going to be too fussed about going out afterwards.

Anyway, I didn't lose any sleep over it :lol:

Rubbish. You'd love it if Klopp and Liverpool won the League Cup this season. You'd all believe you're making huge progress because you're finally playing entertaining football AND winning trophies.

The arrogance from you is quite something. I've got married and had two children since Liverpool last won a trophy. Yet you scoff at the competition as if it's worthless.
Again, like I already explained yesterday - yes, I'd love it if we won it. No, I don't really care about going out. I don't need a trophy to see that we're making progress.

To use the women analogy again: even if I hadn't had sex in a few years, I wouldn't be fussed about losing out on the opportunity to sleep with a 6,5. My friends would be happy if I did sleep with her but they'd all think deep inside how it means little to nothing in the grand scheme of things. Even now, people say we haven't really won anything of importance in over a decade, and I agree with that. One lousy League Cup in 2012 will not change that.

montpelier

I think you're playing for bonus points on Saturday. Doesn't have any kind of great worry attached if they get beat.

A win would be very good for sure, but I hardly think it 'matters' very much.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Winning the league cup would be nice, but in no way would it represent progress. A proper title challenge would represent that far more even if we don't win it.

Wasn't ideal, but if we aren't winning it at least we are out at the earliest opportunity to give a bit more air to the fixture list.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
I think you're playing for bonus points on Saturday. Doesn't have any kind of great worry attached if they get beat.

A win would be very good for sure, but I hardly think it 'matters' very much.
A loss would be acceptable. A draw would be great. A win something greater than great.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Winning the league cup would be nice, but in no way would it represent progress. A proper title challenge would represent that far more even if we don't win it.

Wasn't ideal, but if we aren't winning it at least we are out at the earliest opportunity to give a bit more air to the fixture list.
Exactly my thoughts.

Vadim

What is it with Liverpool fans and loving being out of compeitions so they can focus on the league? You haven't won the thing since Ian Rush had a moustache.

Talk about saving face.

montpelier

And well done to us lot for jumping all over this Liverpool defeat with such an amount of glee. I was started to get a bit worried.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
What is it with Liverpool fans and loving being out of compeitions so they can focus on the league? You haven't won the thing since Ian Rush had a moustache.

Talk about saving face.
The league should always be the primary focus if there is any chance of actually winning it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Who the feck cares about the league cup in all honesty. I think the Dutch domestic cup has more prestige here than the league cup does in England and I couldn't care less that Feyenoord won it twice in the last few years.

The FA cup is awesome, the league cup should be abolished if you ask me. At least for PL clubs.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.

So you think at some point this season all 5 players will be called upon at the same time because our first choice keeper & back 4 are out with injuries ? That's hardly likely to happen is it ? With the exception of Moreno, the other 4 players are more than capable of doing a decent job fitting in with Klopp's preferred defenders.

shaky

Talk about saving face.
Losing the CL final was a blessing in disguise. Meant they all had an early night so were fresher when pre-season rolled around. We're seeing them reap the rewards now.

Trizy

Haven't seen this place so happy this season, just imagine what it'll be like when we actually lose a game that matters.

Can't wait till Saturday.
You're on an United forum, have you seen or read the absolute state of us the past 2 years? We're a joke. So Mr. Robin, allow us to be happy at least once a our joyless, life sucking, soul destroying season :mad:

TheReligion

Abusive
It's like having sex with a solid 6,5 - you probably won't say no if the opportunity presents itself but you won't be overly bothered if it didn't happen either.

Especially if you know it could prevent you from having sex with two of her friends who are both a 9.
Sure, you used to date 9’s. Once upon a time you were legendary for it, the guy who always left with the hottest girl. But it’s been a while now hasn’t it? Each time you go out to the club, you’re so sure that the old magic is coming back, and each night that 9 turns her nose up. Sometimes you get so close, but at the end of the night she always ends up walking out with someone else. Just last time around, you made it all the way to the taxi, but then another guy stepped in at the last minute.

So now you’re all ready, you’ve got a smart new shirt, your best aftershave on and a plush new haircut. The 9 keeps looking at you across the dance floor and everything is going just how you dreamed it. But when the last song plays, will you really be walking out with her, or will you be riding home alone yet again, wishing you hadn’t brushed off that 6.5 quite so easily?
:lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You're on an United forum, have you seen or read the absolute state of us the past 2 years? We're a joke. So Mr. Robin, allow us to be happy at least once a our joyless, life sucking, soul destroying season :mad:
By all means mate :lol:

B20

Supports
Liverpool
I guess I do lack proportionality. Going out of the league cup to Chelsea when you are challenging for the league IS terrible. I might need some help on how to meete out my level of anguish.

On a scale of "scraped past on penalties in Milton Keynes" to "our loss at home to a championship side is already overshadowed by off the pitch drama two days later, whilst being out of the title race in September", how anguished should I be here?

redman5

Progress is defined by how well you do in the league, winning trophies is a bonus. That's how it is. It's not something I agree with because I've seen Liverpool win countless trophies throughout my life, but success now isn't all about having League Cups & FA Cups in the trophy cabinet. Winning one of those & not being competitive in the league, or the Champion's League, won't be tolerated for too long at a top club. You only have to look at the pressure Mourinho's under to realize that.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Liverpool fans I know saying they're glad they got knocked out so they can concentrate on bigger things.
They're so fecking cocky because they've strung a few passes together over the past season. Everything they come out with at the moment has an air of cockyness.
I hope it all unravels to feck.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool fans I know saying they're glad they got knocked out so they can concentrate on bigger things.
They're so fecking cocky because they've strung a few passes together over the past season. Everything they come out with at the moment has an air of cockyness.
Is it any different to Arsenal fans been unhappy with just the FA Cup in recent years? They've not won a major trophy (League/CL) since 2004, and we've not won one since 2005, but that doesn't mean we can't aim for them (or at the very least believe we should be aiming for them).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Is it any different to Arsenal fans been unhappy with just the FA Cup in recent years? They've not won a major trophy (League/CL) since 2004, and we've not won one since 2005, but that doesn't mean we can't aim for them (or at the very least believe we should be aiming for them).
It's more the tone they come across with than what they're saying. It's a tone I've felt all season whatever they're talking about. Although turning a nose up at any cup is daft when you haven't won anything for so long.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
It's more the tone they come across with than what they're saying. It's a tone I've felt all season whatever they're talking about. Although turning a nose up at any cup is daft when you haven't won anything for so long.
I see where you're coming from. For me it's not a case of considering ourselves too good for the League Cup, because we're obviously not, but prioritizing trophies which are perceived to have more value. It's not like we sent the kids out in a final to protect our chances of winning the league - It was only the third round.

Treble

The worst part for Liverpool from last night was that Chelsea themselves had only 2-3 regular starters in their first XI. Liverpool do not seem to have more depth than Chelsea. Loss to Chelsea in 2 days and Liverpool fans will be very nervous.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
The worst part for Liverpool from last night was that Chelsea themselves had only 2-3 regular starters in their first XI. Liverpool do not seem to have more depth than Chelsea. Loss to Chelsea in 2 days and Liverpool fans will be very nervous.
Aye I think our squads are pretty comparable overall. Neither us come close to City, who are able to make 10 changes and still line up with Danilo, Kompany, Otamendi, Stones, Mahrez, Silva, Jesus :lol:

I won't be nervous personally. Chelsea away is an incredibly tough game for any team, especially a team that's fired up under a new manager. If we come away with a positive result, it'll be great. If not, it'll be somewhat expected - We'll just have to give them what-for when we get them at Anfield.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
What's the "worst part" about that? We only had 2 starters in our first XI, i.e. Milner and Mane. This loss has no effect whatsoever on our confidence or on the outcome for Saturday since it were basically two completely different sides playing each other than what we'll see this weekend.

And rest assured no one will be nervous if we lose at Stamford Bridge, 18 from 21 with away games to both Spurs and Chelsea already out of the way is a brilliant return and start to the season for us.

Treble

What's the "worst part" about that? We only had 2 starters in our first XI, i.e. Milner and Mane. This loss has no effect whatsoever on our confidence or on the outcome for Saturday since it were basically two completely different sides playing each other than what we'll see this weekend.

And rest assured no one will be nervous if we lose at Stamford Bridge, 18 from 21 with away games to both Spurs and Chelsea already out of the way is a brilliant return and start to the season for us.
How could you possibly know though? You look a bit nervous already.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
I could understand the complaints of unjust laissez-faire if we had actually been all that bothered about winning it beforehand.

Most fans I've seen and talked to ahead of the game were somewhere between "unwelcome distraction" and "be nice to win, but I'd rather have a point in the weekend".

That it's much the same after the game is hardly much cause for protest.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Just go along with it Robin la, they need the distraction from the Jerry Springer episodes going down at Carrington. This thread is going to catch like wildfire the moment we drop a point in the league nevermind lose :lol:.
absolutely

redman5

Yeah, it's the old clutching at straws thingy - 'we can concentrate on the league now' - whenever your team gets knocked out of the cup. I doubt many of the thousands of Liverpool fans who were at Anfield last night went there in the hope of seeing their side get knocked out. I didn't jump up screaming 'GET IN' when Hazard scored that incredible winner. No true Liverpool supporter can say they are ever happy at losing a match. But we can try & grab whatever crumbs of positives that are available though. As with most of the top clubs, the League Cup was/is probably bottom of their list of priorities. If it wasn't then they'd all field full strength sides right from the off. So seeing us get dumped out this early in the competition is a disappointment. But the positive we can take from it is that it'll give the manager, & the players, a few less midweek matches, which in turn could turn out to be a blessing in relation to possible injuries & tiredness.

Treble

I could understand the complaints of unjust laissez-faire if we had actually been all that bothered about winning it beforehand.

Most fans I've seen and talked to ahead of the game were somewhere between "unwelcome distraction" and "be nice to win, but I'd rather have a point in the weekend".

That it's much the same after the game is hardly much cause for protest.
That's a sensible approach. No post on here implied that the loss last night was catastrophic or very bad for your season. It isn't. If you win the next three games, espeicially against Chelsea and City, it would be quickly forgotten. But if you fail, serious doubts will start to kreep in.

Status
Not open for further replies.