g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bugger off Liverpool. At least the 100% record is fine. Another 2/3 points dropped next week is needed.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We’ve been able to change games from the bench a couple of times this season which is encouraging.

City game should be good.

JSArsenal

Why doesn't Fabinho start for Liverpool in the league?

Is he injured or still getting acclimatized?

A quick glance at wikipedia tells me he hasn't even made any sub appearances so far.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
We’ve been able to change games from the bench a couple of times this season which is encouraging.

City game should be good.
Lest we forget David De Gea in goal. No right to be making those saves. :devil::devil::devil:

Is this schadenfreude?

amolbhatia50k

A quick glance at wikipedia tells me he hasn't even made any sub appearances so far.
Hasn't he been pretty terrible in the time he has played?

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Allison was poor. He cost you the crucial goal today.
He also saved us a few times. That poor pass back from Gini, that 1 on 1 with Hazard which he saved.

Could've done better for their goal, I agree, but still a decent game in my opinion.

CA1

Obviously pissed off because its Liverpool.

But you can't but help be pleased for FSG and their board. Backed their manager. Showed ours how its done.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Same question can be said about Keita, he was apparently going to walk into the PL and be the best midfielder in the country yet can't get a game over Jordan Henderson

amolbhatia50k

Made three or four crucial saves. I’m not having that he should’ve saved that either.
The Hazard save was easy. It was hit at him.

De Gea would have stopped the one Hazard scored from. It wasn't much of a reach. Should have had to be right in the corner from that angle to beat him shooting from his left.

amolbhatia50k

He also saved us a few times. That poor pass back from Gini, that 1 on 1 with Hazard which he saved.

Could've done better for their goal, I agree, but still a decent game in my opinion.
Poor back pass? Come on. Morata went for it but wasn't really winning it.

charlenefan

The Hazard save was easy. It was hit at him.

De Gea would have stopped the one Hazard scored from. It wasn't much of a reach. Should have had to be right in the corner from that angle to beat him shooting from his left.
De Gea would have saved Sturridge's as well :smirk:

amolbhatia50k

If he had saved that against a world class player on his world class foot then De Gea wouldn't be fit to lace Allison's boots. :cool:
Yeah but he didn't. He let it in against a great player on his wrong foot. And it wasn't even in the corner. Not a huge cock up but one you'd expect any one of the top keepers to save.

b20times

I thought both teams shown great strength and big weaknesses.
Chelsea probably shaded it.

Aloysius's Back 3

Something about getting in to the rhythm and tempo that the midfield attack and defend at.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Our front three still not quite clicking yet. Slightly worried about that. Great to have Studge as an option, that was one hell of a goal.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Same question can be said about Keita, he was apparently going to walk into the PL and be the best midfielder in the country yet can't get a game over Jordan Henderson
Keita will absolutely cement his place in Klopp's side, it's just a matter of time. Currently he is too careless with his passing/dribbling and often is caught out of position. Klopp has done the same with Gündogan at Dortmund.

youmeletsfly

Our front three still not quite clicking yet. Slightly worried about that. Great to have Studge as an option, that was one hell of a goal.
That's fixable for you, what's hared to fix are the misses. Some of them are unbelievable tbh.

GeorgieBoy

You look a better and more solid team than last season though. Not sure if its the nature of a slightly different set up but to me it looks like you've substituted the raw explosiveness of that front 3 for a far more compact and organised team this year.

charlenefan

Keita will absolutely cement his place in Klopp's side, it's just a matter of time. Currently he is too careless with his passing/dribbling and often is caught out of position. Klopp has done the same with Gündogan at Dortmund.
To say its a matter of time suggests he's knocking on the door, right now he looks no where near good enough for this Liverpool side. I'd be more concerned about him than Fabinho tbh

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Keita looked impressive when he came on. It's a matter of time with him. Allison wasn't great for the goal but made some huge saves otherwise.

Today was a really tight game of football. A draw is probably fair, but Salah and Mane need to sharpen up. Chelsea are title contenders.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I thought alisson was terrific. No way we only concede 1 with a guy like mignolet in there.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
To say its a matter of time suggests he's knocking on the door, right now he looks no where near good enough for this Liverpool side. I'd be more concerned about him than Fabinho tbh
Nah, I disagree. It's not ability that he lacks but tactical awareness to play in a completely new system. Klopp fecking loves a ball carrier in midfield and they only have Wijnaldum who is okayish but not top class. He'll need sometime to learn when and how to press, as well as getting on the same fitness level as Liverpool's midfielders are currently. I definitely think it could take another 1-2 months (or even until January), but there is little doubt that he'll find his place IMO.

charlenefan

Keita looked impressive when he came on. It's a matter of time with him. Allison wasn't great for the goal but made some huge saves otherwise.

Today was a really tight game of football. A draw is probably fair, but Salah and Mane need to sharpen up. Chelsea are title contenders.
Hows that?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah but he didn't. He let it in against a great player on his wrong foot. And it wasn't even in the corner. Not a huge cock up but one you'd expect any one of the top keepers to save.
You normally talk a lot of sense but that’s a fecking load of bullshit. Keepers concede goals like that all the time and he even got his hand to it. No way in hell he “should” be saving that, would’ve been save of the season contender if he did.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Also, VVD continues to make defending look like a piece of absolute piss.

Hows that?
He added urgency and penetration in the middle. Rolls Kante for fun at one point. To suggest 'he looks nowhere near good enough' is to talk a pile of bollocks.

Coxy

Agreed - sure they will though.

Great game - far better than our tripe.

salahalala

Supports
Liverpool
With Sturridge and Shaqiri in great form our bench does look amazing tbh. Sturridge fully fit is probably our best goalscorer. Shaqiri should be starting ahead of Mane soon for me though. Mane has been invisible lately

charlenefan

He added urgency and penetration in the middle. Rolls Kante for fun at one point. To suggest 'he looks nowhere near good enough' is to talk a pile of bollocks.
So far he looks like Dembele (only not as good), looks nice on the eye to a layman but lacks any end product

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
That's fixable for you, what's hared to fix are the misses. Some of them are unbelievable tbh.
Yea, Shaqiri's miss hurt a bit, but Studge did make up for it. It was a pulsating game, a draw's probably a fair result, but I did want us to win regardless.

You look a better and more solid team than last season though. Not sure if its the nature of a slightly different set up but to me it looks like you've substituted the raw explosiveness of that front 3 for a far more compact and organised team this year.
We do but I guess I'm just a bit worried; you know, 29 years and all that. Also I'll be a bit more sure of how good our defensive capability is after next week against City. We did ok today but I still had some dodgy feelings at times!

Agreed - sure they will though.

Great game - far better than our tripe.
I hope so. Sorry to hear about your football. I remember LvG's season. That wasn't pretty.

Treble

Liverpool played well. Not brilliant but not average either. Still early days. I expect a win for them vs City. But the latter will remain favourites.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
5 matches out of our 7 in between the international break have now been played. We beat a good Spurs team away, had a great win against PSG, comfortably beat a relatively poor Southampton team and lost one/drew one with Chelsea who are a pretty good side themselves.
7 points from the 9 available with Spurs and Chelsea away done with, is definitely something I'd have taken at the start of the season.
I'm concerned about City though and think that they'll show up at Anfield for once next week. Salah isn't firing, Mane isn't looking great and Firmino is trying hard but struggling as the support isn't playing as well as usual.
Will be a good game of football for the neutral but I think City will break their Anfield hoodoo next week. I'm quite happy to come on here and hold my hands up if I'm wrong though ;)

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
5 matches out of our 7 in between the international break have now been played. We beat a good Spurs team away, had a great win against PSG, comfortably beat a relatively poor Southampton team and lost one/drew one with Chelsea who are a pretty good side themselves.
7 points from the 9 available with Spurs and Chelsea away done with, is definitely something I'd have taken at the start of the season.
I'm concerned about City though and think that they'll show up at Anfield for once next week. Salah isn't firing, Mane isn't looking great and Firmino is trying hard but struggling as the support isn't playing as well as usual.
Will be a good game of football for the neutral but I think City will break their Anfield hoodoo next week. I'm quite happy to come on here and hold my hands up if I'm wrong though ;)
That's what I'm thinking too. City are due a result, and I think they're playing better than us at the moment. I just hope we don't lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.